Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Results 161 to 180 of 208
    1. #161
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Mike,

      The 3/8" fuel line will work great but you have to make sure to plan the bend radii. Being a bigger line it will need more gentle bents.

      Andrew
      Andrew,

      Do you think the aluminum would be a little more forgiving?

      Mike

    2. #162
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by MMcMasters View Post
      Andrew,

      Do you think the aluminum would be a little more forgiving?

      Mike
      I don't have any experience with aluminum lines, so the short answer is: I don't know.

      Andrew
      Last edited by andrewb70; 04-19-2015 at 03:05 AM.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    3. #163
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      I don't have any experience with aluminum lines, so the short answer is: I do t know.

      Andrew
      Hahaha, fair enough sir

    4. #164
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      Today we did a much needed spring cleaning. A long winter and 6 months of welding and grinding took it's toll. We took everything out and gave the walls and floor a good scrubbing. It feels new again









      Now lets get some work done!!

    5. #165
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      Livermore, CA
      Posts
      668
      Country Flag: United States
      What a great setup to work in.. My new house will have big garages or a barn for real car fun can be had.

      Livermore, CA
      American:
      1966 Chevelle SS "Tribute" Retro / Pro-Tour
      For Sale

    6. #166
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      33
      Country Flag: United States
      great shop. great job on your car.

    7. #167
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      It was such a beautiful day today so I rolled the body outside and worked on the firewall a little. I cut out the area where the stock throttle bracket is and made a piece to fill that area. I also did a final fit of the smooth panel and clamped it in place. My son drilled the firewall and used cleco's to hold it in place.







    8. #168
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      Guys please be honest with me..Do these tires make my ass look fat?










    9. #169
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      They look sweet back there!!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    10. #170
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Chandler, Az (from west NE)
      Posts
      240
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      They look sweet back there!!
      They would look sweeter under my Malibu, lol!
      Ric

      2002 s10, DD and AutoX.
      1966 Malibu owned since 1971. Drag car converting to track toy!

    11. #171
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      Livermore, CA
      Posts
      668
      Country Flag: United States
      They look great, but 18's eh.. guess R-comps are cheaper on 18's then 19 or 20's

      Tory

      Livermore, CA
      American:
      1966 Chevelle SS "Tribute" Retro / Pro-Tour
      For Sale

    12. #172
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      The weather was great today and I got to spend the entire day in the shop. I feel like I have been lagging behind recently so I told myself the firewall was getting done today. It still needs body worked but its all welded up. I also mocked up my master cylinder, Proportional valve and clutch master to get an idea of how busy it's going to be. I ordered a Ring Brothers clutch resevoir but i didn't take a picture yet. It's pretty slick though!

      The firewall and the back of the smooth panel were both sprayed in etch primer. I used a rolock and cleaned the edges down to bare metal where I would be welding. I also plug welded a few spots from the inside using the old firewall pad holes so those areas were taken down to bare metal as well. I used weld through primer on the edges that were taken down to metal. Hopefully this will keep future corrosion at bay.

      I slowly stitch welded the perimeter to keep heat and distortion down. This took me all morning. After mocking up the brake and clutch masters I realize I need to come up with a nice looking plate to cover the exposed areas on steering column hole. Here are a few pictures.







    13. #173
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Mike,

      Nice work. If you are doing all that work on the firewall, why not fill in the steering column hole, then use a billet lower mount?

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    14. #174
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Mike,

      Nice work. If you are doing all that work on the firewall, why not fill in the steering column hole, then use a billet lower mount?

      Andrew
      That's not a bad idea. I'm going to do some searches and see if I can find some other options and steal their idea



    15. #175
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by MMcMasters View Post
      That's not a bad idea. I'm going to do some searches and see if I can find some other options and steal their idea
      I just found this:

      https://www.opgi.com/chevelle/CH28551/

      Bolt in?

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    16. #176
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Chandler, Az (from west NE)
      Posts
      240
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks like a neat piece, Andrew.
      Ric

      2002 s10, DD and AutoX.
      1966 Malibu owned since 1971. Drag car converting to track toy!

    17. #177
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      Working with limited talent and even less smarts, I am actually very proud of how the firewall turned out. I did my final round of blocking today and it's ready for color. It went from this:

      to this:


      I put the body temporarily back on so I can finish the brake lines up to the proportional valve and figure out what I want to do for a fuel line.




    18. #178
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Chandler, Az (from west NE)
      Posts
      240
      Country Flag: United States
      [QUOTE=andrewb70;1129672 I don't have any experience with aluminum lines, so the short answer is: I don't know.

      Andrew[/QUOTE]

      Need to use steel lines with EFI. Aluminum is for carbureted drag cars that don't run 50+ pounds of fuel pressure.
      Ric

      2002 s10, DD and AutoX.
      1966 Malibu owned since 1971. Drag car converting to track toy!

    19. #179
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      I mocked up my new Tanks Inc tank. It came powder coated, stealth 340 Aeromotive pump, 0-90ohm fuel sender and stainless tank straps. Very nice deal for the money. I really wanted a Ricks vapor works tank but I couldn't pass this up when it went on sale.



      My goal over the next few weeks has been to put the body back on for good. The only thing holding me back is running fuel lines ,the battery cable for the trunk mounted battery, roll over vent and a vent for the rear end. I put the body on again today and mounted the tank so I can map out where I want to run everything. Once I get it laid out I will lift the body off again so I have room to drill and tap all my holes for the line clamps. I really hope to have the body on for good by next weekend.

      My plan for now is to run a corvette filter/regulator so I also found a nice spot on the rear cross member and mounted it there. The filter comes with a very thin mount that I wasn't comfortable with. It had a lot of movement and I fear it will eventually work harden and crack. Here is the original bracket.


      I had an old MSD coil bracket on the shelf and I think it will be much more durable and one less thing to worry about. It fit the regulator perfect. All it needs is a few minutes in the blast cabinet and some black paint.

    20. #180
      Join Date
      Nov 2012
      Posts
      346
      Country Flag: United States
      Great idea on the bracket. Time spent planning this stuff out and trying to prevent future failures will really pay dividends. Thanks for the tips.
      _______________
      1969 Camaro
      1966 Skylark
      1964 Lemans
      1960 Biscayne
      Steve

    Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com