Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Results 181 to 200 of 208
    1. #181
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      Livermore, CA
      Posts
      668
      Country Flag: United States
      Name:  image_zpsbrdtyatw.jpg
Views: 2071
Size:  320.2 KB

      Can you show me the bracket that is holding the rear brake line in place (the 2-1). I just had a friend machine up a nice piece, since I didn't think there was something available. So interested in seeing what yours looks like.

      I wanted mine a bit higher so the brake lines ran up over the upper a-arm brackets in my Moser, so I could easily pull the bracket if I was servicing the differential.

      Name:  Photo Jun 12, 14 17 04.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  150.6 KB


      Livermore, CA
      American:
      1966 Chevelle SS "Tribute" Retro / Pro-Tour
      For Sale


    2. #182
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      [QUOTE=cactuss4;1139194]

      Can you show me the bracket that is holding the rear brake line in place (the 2-1). I just had a friend machine up a nice piece, since I didn't think there was something available. So interested in seeing what yours looks like.


      I hope your expectations aren't very high It's just a basic bracket I fabbed out of some scrap material. Here are a few pics.

    3. #183
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Mooresville, Indiana
      Posts
      1,874
      Country Flag: United States
      I really like that tank! I'm going to check to see if they are still on sale. I could use the weight savings over my Rick's tank.

    4. #184
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      I know a guy who is a dealer, you may know him

    5. #185
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Mooresville, Indiana
      Posts
      1,874
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by MMcMasters View Post
      I know a guy who is a dealer, you may know him
      Oh, that guy...

    6. #186
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
      Great idea on the bracket. Time spent planning this stuff out and trying to prevent future failures will really pay dividends.
      I couldn't agree more. I appreciate the kind words!

    7. #187
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      I started plumbing the fuel line tonight. I chose -6 Earls Pro Lite 350. I expect to get flamed for not running a hardline but I researched the Pro lite and it's more than adequate for the pressure i will be running.

      From my own experience the Earls pro lite doesn't suffer from the fuel vapor smells that the russell lines have.


      I hope to put the body back on this weekend and re install the tank so I can make the lines from the regulator to the tank.

    8. #188
      Join Date
      Nov 2012
      Posts
      346
      Country Flag: United States
      I got no problem with that. Nice, clean plumbing job.

      Is all this going to be happy with ethanol? I hate the stuff, but it's just so hard to avoid.
      _______________
      1969 Camaro
      1966 Skylark
      1964 Lemans
      1960 Biscayne
      Steve

    9. #189
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      My last two race cars (on Methanol) were plumbed with the pro lite with zero issues. According to Earl's website, it is compatible with methanol and E85.

    10. #190
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      Well it's been a long wait but my fronts showed up today, I finally have a full set.




    11. #191
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      Livermore, CA
      Posts
      668
      Country Flag: United States
      [QUOTE=MMcMasters;1139203]
      Quote Originally Posted by cactuss4 View Post


      Can you show me the bracket that is holding the rear brake line in place (the 2-1). I just had a friend machine up a nice piece, since I didn't think there was something available. So interested in seeing what yours looks like.


      I hope your expectations aren't very high It's just a basic bracket I fabbed out of some scrap material. Here are a few pics.
      Awesome nope that's great, much more basic but serves the same purpose. thanks for posting and well done!

      Tory

      Livermore, CA
      American:
      1966 Chevelle SS "Tribute" Retro / Pro-Tour
      For Sale

    12. #192
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Mooresville, Indiana
      Posts
      1,874
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by MMcMasters View Post
      Well it's been a long wait but my fronts showed up today, I finally have a full set.



      Interested in selling those? :-)

    13. #193
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by tommycomfort View Post
      Interested in selling those? :-)
      I will text you Tom

    14. #194
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      One thing I hate more than anything as far cars go is spending money twice. Obviously I have done it or I wouldn't bring it up, so here it goes

      I plumbed the fuel system with what I had on hand and I'm confident it would have been more than enough to handle what I'm going to throw at it. My goal with this car is to build in durability and limit the possibility of future failures. My worry is fuel additives change all the time and rubber eventually breaks down.

      I broke down and called Brown and Miller Racing Solutions and ordered their High temp fiber braid PTFE hose and crimped on fittings. A little pricey but they should outlast the car and my piece of mind is worth the extra money spent. The hose is super lightweight and will go around a tighter radius than the pro lite 350.

      http://www.bmrs.net


    15. #195
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      I have had zero shop time the last month or so but I'm hoping to change that in the near future. I finished plumbing the brakes today, assembled the front hubs and got the front suspension torqued and cotter keyed. Then the little kid in me decided to see what the chassis would look like if I actually had wheels.




    16. #196
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      Livermore, CA
      Posts
      668
      Country Flag: United States
      perfect throw seats in and your done! )) 275 fronts, need to figure out how to get there, my 245's are tiny against the 315's in the rear

      Livermore, CA
      American:
      1966 Chevelle SS "Tribute" Retro / Pro-Tour
      For Sale

    17. #197
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by cactuss4 View Post
      perfect throw seats in and your done! ))
      I love it!

    18. #198
      Join Date
      Nov 2012
      Posts
      346
      Country Flag: United States
      It's gonna be sweet!

      Lots of quality stuff on that rascal.
      _______________
      1969 Camaro
      1966 Skylark
      1964 Lemans
      1960 Biscayne
      Steve

    19. #199
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      I received my Vintage air stuff this week. I'm still in a holding pattern waiting for the car to leave for paint so I started modifying the dash today to accept the A/C vents. It was pretty straight forward but I am enjoying documenting everything as I go. I used the supplied templates to locate the lower dash vent balls. Using a 3" hole saw I cut both holes.







      The I used the supplied template to cut the opening for the upper dash vents. I used my new dash strip for this. I drilled a 9/64" holed through the center dash strip mounting boss. Then overlay the template and line up the 9/64" hole I just drilled with the hole in the template and scribed my cut line. I ended up drilling a small hole at each corner and using a body saw to cut the opening in the dash strip. A little clean up and fine tuning with a file was necessary but it all went pretty easy.

      Once this is done, I re installed the dash strip and scribed inside of the freshly cut opening and transferred this to the dash itself. I used a cut off wheel and cut the dash. This was a pretty productive day. When I ordered my kit I decided to upgrade the controls to their black anodized electronic controls. I will fill the opening in the dash where the factory controls were and mount the new controller there.



    20. #200
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Chandler, Az (from west NE)
      Posts
      240
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking really good! My current body was an A/C car and I sold the dash and all corresponding parts for triple what I paid for the body quite a few years ago. Now that I want to make the car go further than a quarter mile at a time I kind of wish I had kept it. But the aftermarket solutions are probably better, as your work shows, and they leave the engine compartment cleaner, too. Thanks for all the pics.
      Ric

      2002 s10, DD and AutoX.
      1966 Malibu owned since 1971. Drag car converting to track toy!

    Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com