Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Results 41 to 60 of 182
    1. #41
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      41
      Hivewax,

      I have the entire drivetrain from an 89 5.0 in pieces in storage. So it will be an EFI 302 with a T-5. I am not sure on heads yet, I hope to find a good deal on some aluminum heads. I want to keep the car nice and light.



      Take Care,
      Chris


    2. #42
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      This afternoon Brian starting making the right subframe connector. Since the early Mustang has no torque box in the front we are making one out of 2 x 2 and also welding it to the rocker and the rear torque box. He still has to finish welding to the rocker.











      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    3. #43
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      Brian finished welding the rocker and added the top of the rear torque box





      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    4. #44
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      The floor is finished and epoxy primed









      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    5. #45
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Orlando, Fl
      Posts
      1,229
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks great Rusty.
      Nick DiPrenda

    6. #46
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice work that should stiffen it up quite a bit.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    7. #47
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      41
      Rusty,

      Looks great. I am enjoying the pics. She gets more solid by the week!

      Chris

    8. #48
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      It has been awhile since we have worked on this project we have been working on a couple of other projects but it is time to start working on the 65 Fastback.

      This is what we found under the cowl panel





      After the lower cowl panel is removed



      The dash also has rust and was removed

      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    9. #49
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Orlando, Fl
      Posts
      1,229
      Country Flag: United States
      Jeesh. Chris sure knows how to pick a solid shell.
      Nick DiPrenda

    10. #50
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      41
      Thanks Nick. I wanted to start with a nice light car, something that could beat up on piggy mid 70s Camaros, but the rust may have taken it too far.

      I admit, I didn't pick the best shell. If I every buy another car like this, I will tell the guy we can settle on the price after media blasting. The frame rails are good front to back as is the engine bay, roof, tunnel, firewall, rear deck lid, and passenger side fender. And after all, I could have probably done this cheaper with a dynacorn 67, but this will be a real 65 Fastback, built to my specs.

      The other good part here is that the car is being taken apart and epoxy primed. No matter how original a car you have, the original materials don't always hold up.

      Rusty and Brian's work looks great so far.

    11. #51
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Orlando, Fl
      Posts
      1,229
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
      Thanks Nick. I wanted to start with a nice light car, something that could beat up on piggy mid 70s Camaros, but the rust may have taken it too far.

      I admit, I didn't pick the best shell. If I every buy another car like this, I will tell the guy we can settle on the price after media blasting. The frame rails are good front to back as is the engine bay, roof, tunnel, firewall, rear deck lid, and passenger side fender. And after all, I could have probably done this cheaper with a dynacorn 67, but this will be a real 65 Fastback, built to my specs.

      The other good part here is that the car is being taken apart and epoxy primed. No matter how original a car you have, the original materials don't always hold up.

      Rusty and Brian's work looks great so far.
      Well... with so much rust, the car should certainly be light...
      Nick DiPrenda

    12. #52
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      Slaughter,LA
      Posts
      68
      Just finishing the metal work on a 66 fastback with the same light body must have been a factory option back then huh. When we took off the upper cowl panel someone had been in there before us to fix a lightening hole in put some shove pipe in there for the raised portion for the air intake. It was nice might post some pics if u don't mind.

    13. #53
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Orlando, Fl
      Posts
      1,229
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
      Thanks Nick. I wanted to start with a nice light car, something that could beat up on piggy mid 70s Camaros, but the rust may have taken it too far.

      I admit, I didn't pick the best shell. If I every buy another car like this, I will tell the guy we can settle on the price after media blasting. The frame rails are good front to back as is the engine bay, roof, tunnel, firewall, rear deck lid, and passenger side fender. And after all, I could have probably done this cheaper with a dynacorn 67, but this will be a real 65 Fastback, built to my specs.

      The other good part here is that the car is being taken apart and epoxy primed. No matter how original a car you have, the original materials don't always hold up.

      Rusty and Brian's work looks great so far.
      Yeah, the work looks great and I am just taking easy pot shots at ya... The fastback and "piggy" will just have to face off when they are complete. I think the power to weight ratio may be in your favor until I install an LS... Or buy everything Anvil has to offer to lighten up Ms. piggy... Bench racing til then.
      Nick DiPrenda

    14. #54
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      41
      Nick,

      Great bench racing buddy, I don't mind some light mockery, all in good fun. With the extreme shortage of go-fast parts for 5.0L mustangs (i think someone may make some nice spark plug wires), I will have a hard time keeping up with your mullet mobile, especially considering the nuclear powered LS motors running around these days.

      whayden, Sure, throw up some pics.

      I made it back to Iraq today, 4.5 months to go. The jet lag rough. I am wide awake at 3 am.

      Take Care,
      Chris

    15. #55
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      Slaughter,LA
      Posts
      68
      Name:  100_0841.jpg
Views: 1414
Size:  211.5 KBName:  th_100_2789.jpg
Views: 1331
Size:  4.7 KB

    16. #56
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      Slaughter,LA
      Posts
      68
      Name:  100_2790.jpg
Views: 1343
Size:  127.1 KB

    17. #57
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      Slaughter,LA
      Posts
      68
      Name:  100_2808.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  246.3 KB dont know why they are small ?? ideas

    18. #58
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      Brian cut the drip rails off than drilled out the spot welds and removed the roof. Now he can repair the rust and epoxy prime the area that the factory left bare metal.







      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    19. #59
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      Beaufort , NC
      Posts
      1,849
      Country Flag: United States
      AAAAHHHHH Early Mustangs.... They are on the Bondo can for a reason!! Early Porsches could make the can to........
      1968 F100 sb full vic chassis swap
      1965 Mustang coupe 347 5 spd cheap touring SOLD
      2003 Porsche 996 Outlaw LS2 swap SOLD
      1992 Lexus SC400 daily SOLD
      1966 Porsche 912 Outlaw SOLD
      1968 Ford F-100 sb SOLD

    20. #60
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      Georgia
      Posts
      15
      This makes me feel a little better about my rust '68 coupe.... :D

    Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com