Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Results 81 to 100 of 262

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Nov 2017
      Posts
      129
      damn that looks good



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Quote Originally Posted by JRANGER View Post
      damn that looks good
      Thank you. It’s starting to feel like I am making progress. So much of the project so far has just been cutting away rust and it is nice to be adding back on.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      The title of this build thread is a little misleading. It should be called " Racecar with Mustang body"

      LoL


      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      The title of this build thread is a little misleading. It should be called " Racecar with Mustang body"

      LoL


      Andrew
      Yeah, it's kinda heading that way. I'll try to make up for it with a nice upholstered interior ; )

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Couple more pictures of the roll cage before I put the top on. Name:  IMG_1582.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  334.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_1579.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  308.6 KB

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      I made a little progress today. I built the bumper mount. Name:  IMG_1601.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  351.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_1600.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  369.6 KB

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Since I am using the coupe inner structure, I had to fab the back part where the window seals. Name:  IMG_1590.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  377.6 KB
      Name:  IMG_1591.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  346.9 KB
      Name:  IMG_1592.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  272.3 KB
      Name:  IMG_1593.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  265.5 KB

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Name:  IMG_1595.jpg
Views: 5324
Size:  229.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_1597.jpg
Views: 5369
Size:  259.4 KB
      Did a little rust repair on the B pillar

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      I’m trying out the lower stance and testing tire clearance issues. I don’t have those nice tools for this purpose so plywood and Ram board will have to suffice for the initial tests.

      How low is too low? The lowest point is the bottom of the driveline hoop at 3.5”. The rockers are at about 5”. Name:  IMG_1623.jpg
Views: 5107
Size:  313.8 KB
      Name:  69730943839__83F8E2E6-75E2-4235-9F7A-FE1780197DE7.jpg
Views: 5132
Size:  263.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_1611.jpg
Views: 5071
Size:  317.6 KB

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Got her up on the rotisserie to finish the welding underneath. And also to get it outside so I could work on my daily driver. Name:  IMG_1634.jpg
Views: 5083
Size:  270.3 KB
      Name:  IMG_1633.jpg
Views: 5041
Size:  347.2 KB

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Trying to build something like the original louver/ vent on the sail panel. I want it to be very similar but maybe some additional style.
      Name:  IMG_1640.jpg
Views: 5074
Size:  211.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_1639.jpg
Views: 5110
Size:  273.9 KB
      Name:  IMG_1636.jpg
Views: 5034
Size:  282.4 KB

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      You're killing it!

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      You're killing it!

      Andrew
      Thanks for the encouragement. Just to be clear, the red one is the real thing I want to copy. At this point, mine is only cardboard but I’m making progress.

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Name:  IMG_1688.jpg
Views: 2169
Size:  288.6 KB
      Name:  IMG_1689.jpg
Views: 2165
Size:  310.1 KB
      Finishing up all the welding on the bottom. I’m waiting on the trunk filler panel to finish up the body.

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      I built a wooden window buck. My plan is to bend some metal around this and then add the louvers inside. We’ll see how it goes.
      Name:  3CB51186-DDB8-4160-B72A-930C41590501.jpg
Views: 2123
Size:  325.6 KB

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Ok, I got one of the vents mostly done. I built a wooden window buck, cut 2” wide 18 gage sheetmetal strips, bent that around the buck, then built a backplate, then some louvers. It’s close to what I was hoping for.
      Name:  445BA1DF-B76A-4D5E-BE8B-3504CC41D07B.jpg
Views: 2132
Size:  413.1 KBName:  812EB5C1-3DA7-4F83-87C4-4CB778FE6C65.jpg
Views: 2132
Size:  394.8 KBName:  92C5CBEE-0D3A-4A7C-A2AD-0E6B9ECB7C60.jpg
Views: 2159
Size:  450.6 KBName:  063BC640-549D-46BB-AEB5-57C0802F2E0A.jpg
Views: 2164
Size:  307.9 KB

      - - - Updated - - -

      Name:  CD8A4178-0EF4-4F4A-B6C9-59A7B310AABB.jpg
Views: 2101
Size:  513.5 KBName:  395616BD-24CC-4283-BA36-133BA561FD22.jpg
Views: 2147
Size:  316.7 KBName:  CFDE899D-271A-413D-ACB0-BEBC80B72503.jpg
Views: 2135
Size:  321.3 KBName:  8FC78A44-2433-48CB-B6BA-313E656CC02A.jpg
Views: 2095
Size:  431.3 KB

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Name:  4538F98F-C7FE-40C5-BC8B-A9925485F5C5.jpg
Views: 2086
Size:  210.8 KBName:  CBEFACB8-0323-4F53-BD4B-0DDE1D221B9F.jpg
Views: 2120
Size:  367.6 KBName:  2DA92FD1-DD0C-4D9E-A45B-D960DBCBDA97.jpg
Views: 2120
Size:  415.2 KBName:  13D2DF50-E4FA-4F8E-958C-DB8A674AD314.jpg
Views: 2097
Size:  479.6 KBName:  B302E96C-35FC-42FD-811C-0425937BF8F5.jpg
Views: 2114
Size:  348.2 KBName:  2477360D-4A99-4C51-8674-E6CC6A2D4207.jpg
Views: 2132
Size:  321.3 KB

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      the dirty mitten
      Posts
      1,217
      Country Flag: United States

      66 Mustang Restomod Project

      Wild build and you’re doing great! What size wheels and tires are you thinking? You asked what is too low. I have a car that is less that four inches high, only issue I’ve had is getting it on a trailer. Other than that just might have to plan ahead a bit of possibly depending on your area, look into a lift system for coil overs.

      After years of building my car and just sort of building the body while making it up then starting over I finally had rendering done. Cost wasn’t bad at all and we got to discuss a lot of details while it was getting done. Then you get to see what you have been working for all this time. Really helped with my build and saved me tons of time and wasted money/materials. If you think you’d want to get one for your build, hit up Ben at SRD art.

      Keep posting up the progress, it’s coming along quick!
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

    19. #19
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Kansas City, Missouri
      Posts
      668
      Country Flag: United States
      Those vents turned out amazing. Looks great and very nice work. Bet u could sell those

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Thanks for the kind words. I am planning n running a 13” wide by 28” tall in the rear. I want to go as wide as possible on the front- I think I can run a 295 up front, 26” tall. I don’t have the front suspension yet but on paper that should work. I mocked up a 14” wide, 30” diameter rear and it fits but absolutely no room for error. I have a lot of adjustment on ride height so I’ll experiment a bit once it’s a roller.

      I like the idea of a rendering. I’m not sure the color I want yet but I am painting it myself so I will experiment a little more.

    Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com