Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Results 141 to 160 of 262

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      the dirty mitten
      Posts
      1,217
      Country Flag: United States
      Keep it up, enjoying seeing the progress here

      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Quote Originally Posted by Motorcitydak View Post
      Keep it up, enjoying seeing the progress here
      Thank you very much. I have been following the AWD project. Man that is ambitious and amazing!

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      I finished up the sheetmetal on the driver’s side today. Time to take it all out and paint everything that’s going to be covered up. Then lots of seam sealer to make sure there are no leaks.
      Name:  413DED1C-8C2F-4A3B-9E07-128EB3CA227F.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  300.9 KBName:  19627B4A-DDEE-4A73-96F1-E90A3D598162.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  264.7 KB

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240

      Louvers

      Worked on the louvers today. I have to have them in before I can install the interior sheetmetal. I tried making a metal flange to cover the gaps but I couldn’t make the thin metal and thin flange combo work so I decided to just Bondo the edges. I like the result. I have to do some more work but the concept looks good. I just need to make sure it doesn’t move and cause cracking. Name:  17DF255C-2C9C-4FF3-AFB8-6F69663EEEE3.jpg
Views: 1650
Size:  217.6 KBName:  1A1CCA21-9E8F-49EF-983D-D3CACBD90317.jpg
Views: 1689
Size:  333.2 KB

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      the dirty mitten
      Posts
      1,217
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Threepointtwo View Post
      Thank you very much. I have been following the AWD project. Man that is ambitious and amazing!
      Thanks for checking it out! If I had your pace it would have been done in 14 months not 14 years now.

      Looks like you are starting at the back and working your way forward. Are the floors next on the list?
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240

      66 Mustang Restomod Project

      I fortunately have time right now so I am pouring it into this project. I have the driver’s side floor done and in. I put in a template before tacking the backseat to make sure the passenger side will fit. I ran out of 18 gauge to finish the passenger side but will do that and the trans tunnel next. After that, custom Shelby style front end.Name:  A23852F8-E922-470F-93B3-63A4042DA573.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  366.4 KBName:  CFE557C4-ED36-4E9B-BFC1-ED15CE33BED8.jpg
Views: 1039
Size:  396.8 KB

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Mar 2023
      Location
      Detroit
      Posts
      23
      they look great! really inspiring I was figure out a way to make them, never understand why nobody reproduce this elements.

      Really nice build, can’t wait to see more of it.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Quote Originally Posted by Erwan View Post
      they look great! really inspiring I was figure out a way to make them, never understand why nobody reproduce this elements.

      Really nice build, can’t wait to see more of it.
      Thanks. They took a little bit of experimentation and several tries but I am happy with them now.

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Made some good progress today. Got the interior panels tacked in. Name:  IMG_2099.jpg
Views: 1405
Size:  230.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_2097.jpg
Views: 1401
Size:  234.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_2095.jpg
Views: 1383
Size:  260.6 KB

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Name:  IMG_2121.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  308.5 KB
      Name:  IMG_2122.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  284.9 KB
      Name:  IMG_2123.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  321.0 KB
      I installed my driver’s door bar today and because I don’t want to climb over it, I installed a swing out kit. I plan to have it out of the car most of the time so this allow me to do that.

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      I wanted to make sure those big tires still fit with all the sheet metal in place. It's tight but it should work.
      Name:  IMG_2115.jpg
Views: 1021
Size:  359.2 KBName:  IMG_2118.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  397.7 KBName:  IMG_2120.jpg
Views: 988
Size:  430.7 KB

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Back on the rotisserie. I need to finish up the metalwork and seal it up tight.Name:  C8DF28C4-AC87-4CFF-A4B1-7E57CFC1D73A.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  372.4 KBName:  C2AB3537-5932-4264-8016-FAFA8C1E5BBE.jpg
Views: 997
Size:  410.2 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images    

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Bottom is sealed up and epoxy primed now. Thinking about spraying Lizardskin underneath. Does anyone on here have experience with this?
      Name:  5E642ADE-DFC1-4C8A-A55B-726D662ADEF0.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  324.4 KBName:  8244FD7A-0F59-4E74-9D6C-00005107909D.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  386.2 KB

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Dec 2022
      Posts
      3
      Don't do lizardskin. I had nothing but trouble with it adhering. Either use Sem bedliner or Upol raptor.

      I used Sem on the underside of my Impala and could not be happier. You can shoot it out of your existing hvlp gun too.

      Name:  20230210_143001.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  65.5 KB

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      That looks exactly like what I want. I’ll look into both of those options. Thanks.

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      the dirty mitten
      Posts
      1,217
      Country Flag: United States

      66 Mustang Restomod Project

      I’ve used both products. Seen a lot of negative reviews of the lizard skin but I haven’t had any complaints with it. Some are just not happy about the price. I used both the sound and heat insulation then painted over it all with Por-15. I used that on the top and bottom of the floors in the cabin. Can’t say anything for the performance unfortunately since the car isn’t in the road yet. I had to cut out some of the flooring with this stuff on it. Might do since testing on it and see how it holds up.

      Used the raptor liner on my trunk floor and wheel wells. I do like that the raptor liner is catalyzed so hoping it will stand by well over time. Only negative I’ve found so far is that I had a good sized section peel off one of the wheel wells. Everything was primed so I’m really not sure the cause of that failure. Another good thing is you can get it in a rattle can.
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      I really like the ability to touch up with a rattle can. I have a 65 Mustang project I have to finish up and I think I will try out the Raptor liner on that one and see what it is like.

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      I have paused the 66 project for a bit while I complete a 65 coupe I just picked up. I think I can turn this one around pretty quickly and use the profits to make my 66 a roller again.
      Name:  9B2F504F-699B-40E2-BBFF-93C70CA142D5.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  459.5 KBName:  3ECCBF33-8C69-48AB-85AB-ED9F2B0D5DF0.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  365.8 KB

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Ok, I took a brief timeout to restore a 65 Coupe to original (mostly). Turned out nice. Now it’s time to get back to work.

      Here’s how she turned out. Name:  IMG_2860.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  432.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_2876.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  374.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_2875.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  311.5 KB
      Name:  IMG_2862.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  311.5 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Ok, back on the 66 and making some progress. Made the passenger floor today. Name:  IMG_3066.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  232.8 KB
      Name:  IMG_3063.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  331.5 KB
      Name:  IMG_3064.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  226.0 KB

    Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com