Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Results 61 to 80 of 262

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Quote Originally Posted by Bulletpruf View Post
      Nice progress!



      You need to be careful about removing your VIN tag and re-installing it. At least don't post details on an open forum until you understand what the potential implications are. A quick Google search should give you details on federal and state law. I mess with early Broncos and know the ins and outs of these with respect to the VIN (official VIN is on the frame; glovebox door has the warranty tag), but pretty sure Mustangs are different.
      Good point. I’ll do some research.


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Posts
      362
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks great, awesome build. Myself I'd crank up the heat a bit on the welder.
      My half a$$ed build thread.https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...elle-6-0-4L60E

      Tighten it till it strips & back it off a quarter turn.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Quote Originally Posted by Alwhite00 View Post
      Looks great, awesome build. Myself I'd crank up the heat a bit on the welder.
      Thanks, I’ll give it a shot. Those tubes are plenty thick and it cold in the shop these days.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240

      Wrong cage

      I discovered why I was having so much trouble fitting the cage into the car- I ordered the wrong cage. I had a 94 Mustang cage which is significantly smaller than the first gen and wasn’t working at all. So, I packed it up and shipped it back in hopes of getting the right one this time.

      In the meantime, I decided to preview the tire size I intend to use so I cut out some plywood circles and “mounted” them to take a look. They don’t fit and I can’t set it on the ground until I cut away the rest of the trunk supports and wheel wells.
      Name:  346A246A-24B6-462D-BC76-10C3B40FB3CD.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  360.6 KBName:  AA1FA683-185B-45BC-8A44-6E52CACB13D1.jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  380.5 KB

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      39
      Country Flag: UK
      Great project and nice work to date, keep the updates coming please.
      Chris

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Quote Originally Posted by staffy View Post
      Great project and nice work to date, keep the updates coming please.
      Chris
      Thank you. Progress has been a little slow lately. I ordered the wrong roll bar and am waiting for the replacement. Also waiting on new fastback parts to make the conversion.

      I built and tacked in the seat supports and then made some cardboard floors. Mocked up a concept for the rear in place of backseats.
      Name:  6F47F92E-A20A-412F-8EB6-D4F8FA19C253.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  366.0 KBName:  B6854B2E-1067-4DD1-902E-48B125AA3751.jpg
Views: 1000
Size:  381.9 KBName:  8CC23BAD-8849-41AA-A9BF-E60A2731D195.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  471.4 KB

      I had to shorten the panhard bar to make it work with the sway bar I want to use.

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      I turned it into a convertible on the way to becoming a fastback. Name:  0FEB315E-4F99-429C-9FC9-8BA944B85867.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  471.7 KBName:  1C150812-B36E-4F33-8151-CD4E3B9A84F0.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  415.8 KB

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      I plan to use some of the internal structure to support the new fastback skin. It was surprising to see that none of the internal pieces were protected at all. No paint whatsoever. Name:  6C747E43-66AC-48CD-8FA0-708EAAD85417.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  415.5 KB

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      The new roll bar showed up today. Let’s hope I ordered the right one this time. ��Name:  78D02FFF-A9F8-4419-8F05-165B113A602B.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  394.9 KB

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      I did some rocker repair.
      Name:  IMG_1472.jpg
Views: 3372
Size:  277.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_1473.jpg
Views: 3367
Size:  263.8 KB
      Name:  IMG_1474.jpg
Views: 3322
Size:  263.9 KB
      Name:  IMG_1475.jpg
Views: 3316
Size:  267.0 KB
      Name:  IMG_1476.jpg
Views: 3273
Size:  313.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_1477.jpg
Views: 3357
Size:  261.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_1478.jpg
Views: 3360
Size:  227.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_1479.jpg
Views: 3436
Size:  251.8 KB
      Name:  IMG_1480.jpg
Views: 3302
Size:  343.7 KB

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      And it turned out ok. Name:  653C8957-B31A-4E12-8F70-3D0F58F0BCA0.jpg
Views: 3247
Size:  551.2 KBName:  F54EA216-0E65-472E-830E-36AB2E229508.jpg
Views: 3275
Size:  442.4 KB

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      I’m continuing the mock up of the roll bar and the floors. This is what I am thinking now. Name:  160E046F-CAA9-402C-9E8F-C36556FD64DE.jpg
Views: 3238
Size:  435.4 KBName:  4F2C1C7E-B100-4FFB-8289-D952C9B3A7F7.jpg
Views: 3186
Size:  371.7 KB

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Ok, I’m trying something different here. I don’t want to spend $3,000 on the internal frame pieces since I won’t use most of it. I am going to try to use some cuts to shape the roof support to the fastback shape. Name:  5DB76DC9-D23F-4AB8-9F5C-F0F564DA8CBC.jpg
Views: 3248
Size:  421.1 KBName:  3F8B6F55-9789-4543-A172-76C061BFD796.jpg
Views: 3225
Size:  408.7 KB

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      It’s a fastback! Still a long way to go but this is a big step. Name:  779F2A80-0A75-47BA-A691-E1526E06D6C2.jpg
Views: 3279
Size:  390.0 KBName:  CEE6CA19-ED3E-4BD7-BE75-B9DA8E081613.jpg
Views: 3197
Size:  390.8 KB

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Made some progress on the roll cage now that I know the height. Name:  IMG_1528.jpg
Views: 3222
Size:  294.6 KB
      Name:  IMG_1527.jpg
Views: 3203
Size:  312.0 KB

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      39
      Country Flag: UK
      Great fab work and giving me some inspiration for my forthcoming ‘68 fastback restomod

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Quote Originally Posted by staffy View Post
      Great fab work and giving me some inspiration for my forthcoming ‘68 fastback restomod
      Thank you. The more I do, the more confident I am getting. It was a huge win to put the quarters on and they lined up!

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Got 4 of the 8 points of the roll cage tacked in. Name:  IMG_1532.jpg
Views: 1026
Size:  346.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_1531.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  327.5 KB

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Got the seat in so I can nail down a few of the final details of the roll bar. I am trying to meet NHRA 8.5 specs in case I ever take it to the track. Name:  IMG_1547.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  452.8 KB
      Name:  IMG_1546.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  356.6 KB
      Name:  IMG_1545.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  335.1 KB

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Name:  IMG_1574.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  291.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_1573.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  306.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_1569.jpg
Views: 891
Size:  378.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_1565.jpg
Views: 905
Size:  293.6 KB
      Got the roll cage in and the dash back in place.

    Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com