Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Results 41 to 60 of 262

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      I’m thinking of doing something like this for the frame rails. The front section sits low like the stock front rails under the foot well. The rear rails sit 3” higher. This lines the top rail up with the stock seat risers. It also lines up the rail to weld direct to the back half. I’ll just keep the floor up high from that point back.




      Name:  BB33F303-2E97-4B1E-8071-0AD0AE415996.jpg
Views: 3663
Size:  424.5 KB


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Chesapeake, VA
      Posts
      678
      I like that. Where it goes through the seat risers it becomes another way to tie your frame connectors into the unibody.
      Cars are meant to be driven.

      John B

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      This will weld from the frame to the rocker. I’ll then weld the roll bar to this strut.
      Name:  4C62319C-5CD7-4F5C-B4EF-DD722A62A32E.jpg
Views: 3526
Size:  435.9 KBName:  177872C2-42E9-4CFC-9EF1-C82DD4173326.jpg
Views: 3537
Size:  387.1 KBName:  AEA7BE74-5CEC-4DAB-963B-AFE625C383E1.jpg
Views: 3553
Size:  373.6 KBName:  E1A7FD12-CC81-47CB-84C2-0A1170CA3B71.jpg
Views: 3553
Size:  360.7 KB

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      The back half shipped today and should be here for installation this coming weekend. I better make sure I clean up the shop a bit so I have room to get that set in.

      Name:  AF8032A6-D097-4917-9817-7372CD6FDFD2.jpg
Views: 3580
Size:  440.7 KB

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240

      Good news/ bad news

      Well, the back half arrived today - good news. But, FedEx Freight destroyed it in transit. Looks like mine was the victim of some forklift jousting.

      Name:  566885F9-C93D-40D8-BB67-0590B414EFEE.jpg
Views: 3415
Size:  569.2 KBName:  0627DDD1-881A-46B6-BD17-B401F0B62707.jpg
Views: 3479
Size:  301.9 KBName:  87ECE169-F797-4B5B-BDC7-2B99752E5178.jpg
Views: 3587
Size:  317.3 KBName:  B0676D54-79CD-42D6-9866-C64A176759F8.jpg
Views: 3438
Size:  469.9 KB

    6. #6
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Kansas City, Missouri
      Posts
      668
      Country Flag: United States
      That sucks waiting for a part and it comes destroyed like that. Especially a big part that u have to wait on. They really twisted it. I think I would of refused delivery. Have u contacted FedEx or the manufacturer yet?

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Quote Originally Posted by thumper877 View Post
      That sucks waiting for a part and it comes destroyed like that. Especially a big part that u have to wait on. They really twisted it. I think I would of refused delivery. Have u contacted FedEx or the manufacturer yet?
      I went through the required steps and I got an automated response email acknowledging the damage. Being the weekend, the manufacturer isn’t open. I’m pretty disappointed but confident I’ll be able to get it replaced.

      I have plenty of other projects to work on but that was the one I was really looking forward to.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jul 2022
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      90
      Nice work on the dash looking good. Doing the whole rocker inside in plate looks like a good idea I only put plate where my frame connects to the rockers. Having the back half come in like that really sucks looks like they dropped it maybe, Hopefully they make it right for you.

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Quote Originally Posted by TitanFox View Post
      Nice work on the dash looking good. Doing the whole rocker inside in plate looks like a good idea I only put plate where my frame connects to the rockers. Having the back half come in like that really sucks looks like they dropped it maybe, Hopefully they make it right for you.
      Thanks. I think the full plate may be overkill but it will give me a nice clean surface for all the attachments including the floor.

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      It really sucks that my back half got destroyed in shipping but kudos to Checkered Racing who already built and shipped my replacement. It should be delivered Friday.

      I took the rear end and four link out and you can see the damage to the frame. Name:  C9EF2803-47B2-49E6-A7F9-B15410C1C497.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  523.6 KBName:  100851EF-5526-4A7D-B200-169B06B212BC.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  416.5 KB

    11. #11
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Kansas City, Missouri
      Posts
      668
      Country Flag: United States
      That's definitely good news and awesome they got it going that fast

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Location
      San Antonio, Texas
      Posts
      283
      Country Flag: United States
      Great build. First gen Mustang coupes are still quite affordable; would love to do one myself one day.
      Check out my YouTube channel for vintage car and truck rescues and rebuilds! THE BULLETPROOF GARAGE!!! - YouTube

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Quote Originally Posted by Bulletpruf View Post
      Great build. First gen Mustang coupes are still quite affordable; would love to do one myself one day.
      Thanks. It’s a lot of fun so far. A few minor setbacks along the way but that’s normal.

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Ok, the replacement back half showed up and this time it is undamaged. It is a real beauty and I am sad that my welds will be seen alongside these. This will be my weekend project. Name:  0724AF3F-3BB3-426A-8279-B5D7A08BC838.jpg
Views: 1062
Size:  441.2 KBName:  5BF14B90-A623-46FB-AB1B-9F7BE12BC45E.jpg
Views: 996
Size:  485.4 KBName:  E1DB4A94-966B-4AE9-A7FB-B25C03E9AC01.jpg
Views: 1038
Size:  430.5 KB

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      I made some progress this weekend. I got the back half cut, leveled, and tacked in place.
      Name:  7A59A051-3827-4177-84B4-8EC7E9E7F4A5.jpg
Views: 952
Size:  408.1 KBName:  56D3A247-0150-43DE-B9CA-A6FC9381628C.jpg
Views: 1001
Size:  375.9 KBName:  0536ED7E-ED90-4313-B82C-45E8F64573A9.jpg
Views: 1003
Size:  395.4 KBName:  C2DAE21E-DF11-47A5-A145-3BB9CC55C519.jpg
Views: 1006
Size:  400.3 KB

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Peoria, AZ
      Posts
      47
      This build is looking awesome! Love seeing the in depth garage builds!

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Chesapeake, VA
      Posts
      678
      Start with a car and cut away everything but the VIN plate. That's bold...I like it!
      Cars are meant to be driven.

      John B

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
      Start with a car and cut away everything but the VIN plate. That's bold...I like it!
      Yeah, not exactly the original plan but I’m committed now. Speaking of VIN, can I just cut that out of the original fender and rivet it to the new fender or do I have to weld it in?

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240

      A little progress

      I spent some time smoothing out some more of the firewall today. I’ll probably stop there since you really won’t be able to see it once the engine is in.
      Name:  7989E1DA-C9AE-479A-9732-1E78973BDD2E.jpg
Views: 3496
Size:  362.9 KB

      I started removing the sheet metal. Didn’t get too far. Drilling out those spot weld sure is time consuming.
      Name:  A72842CF-3ED0-46F8-B7B2-A773F6BD66B9.jpg
Views: 3494
Size:  365.7 KB

      I got in some practice welding tubes for the upcoming roll cage installation.

      Name:  B80DEA1C-A531-441B-9C16-AE8E40CE2EE9.jpg
Views: 3497
Size:  350.3 KBName:  2BC1E331-DF67-429C-8891-AF442B5339E6.jpg
Views: 3472
Size:  356.1 KB

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Location
      San Antonio, Texas
      Posts
      283
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice progress!

      You need to be careful about removing your VIN tag and re-installing it. At least don't post details on an open forum until you understand what the potential implications are. A quick Google search should give you details on federal and state law. I mess with early Broncos and know the ins and outs of these with respect to the VIN (official VIN is on the frame; glovebox door has the warranty tag), but pretty sure Mustangs are different.
      Check out my YouTube channel for vintage car and truck rescues and rebuilds! THE BULLETPROOF GARAGE!!! - YouTube

    Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com