Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast
    Results 141 to 160 of 949
    1. #141
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by E.rodz View Post
      looks like you are still rolling along well Marty! this thing will be on the road in no time at all.when does your oldest on get her drivers licenses?lol.Keep up the great work buddy! looking good!
      I have 3 1/2 years till she get's her permit. So we need to hurry to so i can drive it first.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    2. #142
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      san diego
      Posts
      5,101
      Country Flag: United States

    3. #143
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Rocky Mounts

      2012 04-30 Update - Rocky Mounts www.rockymounts.com
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com


      This post is all about my first love (other then my family of course). I am a die-hard mountain biker it is very hard for
      me to miss a ride in the summer due to a show schedule. The only way to solve this was either to buy a Lotus and
      order a rack from Unique Racks http://uniquerack.com so I could have a cool car with a bike rack on it. But it didn't
      solve the problem. I wouldn't be able to do any of the Good-Guys shows (www.good-guys.com ) since the Lotus would
      be was newer then 1972.




      Warning: the following pictures may not be suitable for immature audiences. author: David Chooey

      So here is my dream bike and I am trying to figure out a way to mount the bike on the side of the car and wondering how it would
      look. I know most people would put it on the back but that is way to boring for me.

      Now that I determined the location all I have to do is find the best looking tray on the market. When I was in Colorado at
      Cankworx ( www.crankworx.com ) I walked by the Rocky Mounts Display ( www.rockymounts.com ) and saw the perfect
      tray. I wanted to buy one at the show but I figured Southwest wouldn't let me carry it on the plane home.

      I ordered up the tray the day I got home and started mocking it up on the car.




      You can see that the tray's has a very thin profile and looks very clean on the side of the car. I can't wait to order a set
      for my daily driver.






      Warning: the following pictures may be offensive and not suitable for automotive purists. author: David Chooey

      I hauled the car back to High Speed Welding ( www.highspeedwelding.com ) and showed Dennis and Joe my idea.
      Good thing for me both of them thought it was a cool idea.

      We have two goals make it removable so I can run the car through a car wash and to try not to disturb the original lines
      of the car.



      When the tray is removed all that will be left is two stainless steel bungs on the quarter. Kenny will be making a cap to
      cover them up when the Rocky Mount tray is removed.





      Since this hole was already on the side of the car we choose to use it for the rear mount.





      Here is the finished product.

      I AM RIGHT HERE


      Just in case you didn't read the warning the first time.
      Warning: the following pictures may be offensive and not suitable for automotive purists. author: David Chooey







      I am well aware that most people think I am crazy and that is okay and here is my thoughts on that. I hear parents every
      day telling me that all there kids do is play video games. Then I point out that most adults sit on the coach at watch Sports
      and the latest TV Series. So as parents they are no better. So get out and do something active instead of telling your
      kids when I was young we never watched TV we were out playing. Live life guys and gals as this may be the only one you get.

      Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net

      I also need to thank my buddy Rick for showing me pictures of the Lotus Bike rack years ago. Without those pictures I may
      have mounted on the back of the car and that would have just been boring.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    4. #144
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,355
      Country Flag: United States
      You can use the mount up on the sail panel as a camera mount for autocross events. That will settle some people down around here.
      Stephen

    5. #145
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Yep we have a go pro mount ready to go
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    6. #146
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      Kiantone, NY
      Posts
      10
      Country Flag: United States
      Very cool, are there supports on the other side of the sheetmetal?
      1966 Chevelle had since I was 17.
      1990 Suburban w/38 Swampers
      2008 Z71 Suburban
      69 Camaro Project with my 15 yr old Son Jarod
      Looking for 70 Chevelle Project with my 14 yr old son Nik

    7. #147
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Posts
      1,402
      Country Flag: United States
      Marty, I must say i had to take a double look but I think its awesome!!! Its your car you dont owe anyone a explanation
      Brandon Slater

      1979 Z28
      1972 Nova
      2015 2500 silverado crew cab duramax

    8. #148
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Joe A Sanfilippo View Post
      Very cool, are there supports on the other side of the sheetmetal?
      Yep. The front bar is supported in 3 places
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    9. #149
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      SW, Michigan
      Posts
      875
      Country Flag: United States
      Haha.. that is cool as hell.. I'm pretty into motocross. I can dig it!!

    10. #150
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Livermore, CA
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Tray is removable right? so the rear mount looks like that where some people place their auto antenna's, but what's the front mount look like? is it just that nub or is the body smooth with a female like receiver? Definately one of a kind, unusual, but trick and purpose built! I think we should show up at a mountain bike competition with two nasty 2nd gens....If your ever out this way, there are some sick trails out here...Mike

    11. #151
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Morning Mike,

      Yep the tray is removable and all that is left is a Stainless Steel Bung. You are correct that there was an antenna in the rear and that is why we used that location.

      California is one of the few places I haven't ridden. However this year i have my sites set on Seattle's I-5 Colonnade MTB Skills Park

      http://www.mountainbikebill.com/WA-Colonnade.htm

      and

      Volutures Knob in Wooster Ohio

      http://jasonshafferphoto.com/vulturesknob/

      Which i plan to hit after GG Columbus



      Quote Originally Posted by mikes70 View Post
      Tray is removable right? so the rear mount looks like that where some people place their auto antenna's, but what's the front mount look like? is it just that nub or is the body smooth with a female like receiver? Definately one of a kind, unusual, but trick and purpose built! I think we should show up at a mountain bike competition with two nasty 2nd gens....If your ever out this way, there are some sick trails out here...Mike
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    12. #152
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Location
      Sydney, Australia
      Posts
      1,797
      Country Flag: Australia
      Cool mod....I was wondering if you supported those mounts under the skin...otherwise the body would look decidedly average after a long drive..theres not much support for the skin on that sail panel area.
      Hey, when the car's finished...colour match your bike to the same paint scheme.
      Regards,
      Leigh

      Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

    13. #153
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by LeighP View Post
      Cool mod....I was wondering if you supported those mounts under the skin...otherwise the body would look decidedly average after a long drive..theres not much support for the skin on that sail panel area.
      Hey, when the car's finished...colour match your bike to the same paint scheme.
      Trust me if it can hold Kenny it's all good.

      Actually the bike is going to be Viper Red to match the car.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    14. #154
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Location
      St. Pete FL
      Posts
      934
      Country Flag: United States
      That I-5 place looks pretty cool!
      Gotta love the Pacific NW. To me this is still one of the sickest trails I've seen:
      http://www.wimp.com/downhillsession/

      HELP!!!
      1973 TA 4 spd #'s match red/white = STOLEN
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...55#post1106255


    15. #155
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by cdoggy81 View Post
      That I-5 place looks pretty cool!
      Gotta love the Pacific NW. To me this is still one of the sickest trails I've seen:
      http://www.wimp.com/downhillsession/
      That was AWESOME !!!!
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    16. #156
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Livermore, CA
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      That was sick! I wonder if it looks harder/trickier on film, i dunno if i have the cojones to do some of those jumps and single wood trac, i do have scars from trying that kinda stuff in the past. "You know your getting old when you go to bed feeling pretty good and wake up injured" (Rodney D)

      But, are you hardtailing that Seattle stuff or full suspendy? Looks like a little of both...

    17. #157
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by mikes70 View Post
      That was sick! I wonder if it looks harder/trickier on film, i dunno if i have the cojones to do some of those jumps and single wood trac, i do have scars from trying that kinda stuff in the past. "You know your getting old when you go to bed feeling pretty good and wake up injured" (Rodney D)
      Nope I think it's just hard and the Film makes it look easy.


      Quote Originally Posted by mikes70 View Post
      But, are you hardtailing that Seattle stuff or full suspendy? Looks like a little of both...
      I still like a short travel full Suspension so for me it would be a 26" Tire 3" Travel Bike.

      Here is the skinny in my back yard it's part of a course I built so I could just get up in the morning and screw around in the back yard

      Name:  2011 06-19 MTB Final (3).JPG
Views: 2106
Size:  121.7 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    18. #158
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Livermore, CA
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice! now you just need to put an alligator pit under it....Rode today 94* out, from 50s to 90's geez, almost no spring...

    19. #159
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      193
      Country Flag: United States
      I have garage envy...
      Asa Walker
      Houston, TX

    20. #160
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by mikes70 View Post
      Nice! now you just need to put an alligator pit under it....Rode today 94* out, from 50s to 90's geez, almost no spring...
      Alligator pit - interesting Idea. I am going to see if the wife approves.


      Quote Originally Posted by acegto View Post
      I have garage envy...
      Thank you and it has taken years to get to this point and it's still not done. I am working on the climbing ceiling and wall next.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com