Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast
    Results 181 to 200 of 949
    1. #181
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Posts
      1,607
      Country Flag: United States
      Way to go Marty. Best wishes for continuing good health!

      Ron in SoCal
      69 Camaro in progress
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=31246

      Used to be known as flash911


    2. #182
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Livermore, CA
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Wow, sux!, well I am glad your healing...nasty stuff. Get well soon, those little ones will keep ya going!!! (My little ones are 18,19 and 21) outa college, in college and just graduated, they grow fast and make life purposefull (course none of them will ride with me lol),

    3. #183
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - DSE Brake Booster Install

      2012 07-02 Update - DSE Brake Booster Install
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Good Evening All,

      It's very important to mock everything up before paint and final assembly. The perfect example is what happened when I installed
      the Brake Booster. The angle is off even though this is the correct DSE part number for a 70 Camaro.

      You can see that the hood won't close with the supplied bracket. So back on the phone with DSE to talk with Tech Support,
      send some pictures and wait for a response & solution.







      A few weeks later DSE has a solution and it's simple bracket swap. I like simple, especially when your trying to build a bolt-on
      Camaro.



      The new bracket part # 050302 if you need one.



      Problem Solved - Thank you DSE

      Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    4. #184
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Wiper Motor & Firewall Modification

      2012 07-03 Update - Wiper Motor & Firewall Modification
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Good Morning All,

      First up order the DSE closeout panel.



      Since the plan is to actually drive this car I am certain it will be caught in the rain more then once. Quick call to the guys
      at DSE and a Wiper motor is on the way.



      I remember back in the day when Mark Steilow was building the Mule and he did this modification. I knew that I would be
      ordering one of these for future projects.



      Troy & the guys at BBT Fab started working their magic on the firewall. The goal is to have a very clean look once it's complete.











      Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    5. #185
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Fitting the LS1

      2012 07-04 Update - Fitting the LS1
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Morning All,

      It's time to put the actually motor in the car so the guys at High Speed Welding can finish up the edelbrock exhaust.



      The plastic blocks are sure awesome it's to bad I am not strong enough to lift the real motor.



      I purchased the LS1 from Travis at Kenny Davis Hot Rods it came out of a 98 Camaro.



      I used Edelbrock adaptors to mount the motor and you can see the F-Body oil pan clears the subframe perfectly.



      Motor is in and there is plenty of hood clearance with the stock intake manifold.



      But of course I have no intention of using the stock manifold as this motor is going to have a Carb.



      Did I mention it's made in America.



      Once again you can see I am using as many Edlebrock products as possible. Nothing say vintage race car and Americana
      then Edelbrock !!!



      Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    6. #186
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      N.J.
      Posts
      690
      Country Flag: United States
      Hi Marty,
      Looks great so far. The DSE wiper motor is such a clean design.
      Is the booster & mc all from DSE?

    7. #187
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by aps63 View Post
      Hi Marty,
      Looks great so far. The DSE wiper motor is such a clean design.
      Is the booster & mc all from DSE?
      Yep, right out of there catalog. Just make sure you get the correct bracket with the master. Also don't forget to get the proportioning valve when you order the master. Save some dollars on the shipping.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    8. #188
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Ride Tech Muscle Bar

      2012 07-04 Update - Ride Tech Muscle Bar
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Afternoon All,

      People tend to think that they can handle a complete subframe swap. Then in the middle of the project they realize they have
      either run out of money, time or skill to finish the project. As said in previous post the build of this car needs to be simple and
      something that anyone can do. That is why Ride Tech is my first choice and always will be. Their product is proven and if you
      can do simple remove and replace you are going to be unbelievable happy with all of the products offered by them.

      Time to install the Ride Tech Muscle bar.



      30 minutes later the bar is installed.





      If your goal is to build you car in your garage or your driveway and not make it yard art then step up to Ride-Tech !!!!
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    9. #189
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Clovis NM, 88101
      Posts
      329

      front spoiler

      count me in on the spoiler!! Pm sent

      73 Camaro
      Gene

    10. #190
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by newmexicosaint View Post
      count me in on the spoiler!! Pm sent
      They have just been body worked - I will keep all posted.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    11. #191
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Billet optima battery Tray

      2012 07-15 Update - Billet Optima Battery Tray
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Afternoon All,

      The goal with this project is to keep it simple which means keeping the battery in the stock location. So I worked
      with Ron Wilson at Wilson Muscle Cars to design a stock location Billet Battery Tray that would hold an Optima
      red top Battery.



      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    12. #192
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Ride Rech Tiger Cage

      2012 08-04 Update - 2nd Chance Camaro - Ride Rech Tiger Cage
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Afternoon All,

      More boxes from Ride-Tech



      Good thing Scott was over he was able to open the box while I took pictures. It's to bad he's a cuB faN the good news is but he's
      still a good guy.









      It's going to look really nice once I get it installed.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    13. #193
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,295
      Go Cubs!

      Cage looks good. Are you going to weld it or bolt it in?
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

    14. #194
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Victoria, Texas
      Posts
      28
      Country Flag: United States
      I like the Tiger Cage! Are you going to install the road race bars also? Please post more photos and information during the install.
      VCT-TA (Dan)
      77 TA SE
      86 F250 4X4

    15. #195
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      orlando fl
      Posts
      419
      Been following this build closely and I must say I love the car and how instructive you have been. I am planning on doing a lot of the same upgrades on my car and with no help or background building cars, I have learned a lot of little tips and advice just from reading this. So Awsome that your thread has been a lot about keeping guys like myself in mind. Always looking to learn and find ways to copy guys like yourself. Love the car and your setup and best wishes for your health. Keep it coming

    16. #196
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by VCT-TA View Post
      I like the Tiger Cage! Are you going to install the road race bars also? Please post more photos and information during the install.
      Yep, we are doing the complete cage.

      Quote Originally Posted by yellow1098 View Post
      Been following this build closely and I must say I love the car and how instructive you have been. I am planning on doing a lot of the same upgrades on my car and with no help or background building cars, I have learned a lot of little tips and advice just from reading this. So Awsome that your thread has been a lot about keeping guys like myself in mind. Always looking to learn and find ways to copy guys like yourself. Love the car and your setup and best wishes for your health. Keep it coming
      Thank you very much. I learned a lot building the truck and wanted to share as much as I could on this project. I also wanted to keep the budget much lower on this project. Working with local fab shop High Speed Welding and Kenny Davis Hot Rods have really kept this project on budget.

      Also thank you for the well wishes on my Health. 1st Chemo treatment is over and it was not that bad and Friday I get the chemo pump removed which will make doing thing a littl easier. Only 11 more treatments to go over the next 6 months.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    17. #197
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Tiger Cage Install Part 2

      2012 08-09 Update - 2nd Chance Camaro - Tiger Cage Install Part 2
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Good Evening all,

      Installing the Tiger cage is fairly easy. I was able to install the complete cage in about 4 hours. However, I did
      need a helper to finish tightening some of the supplied hardware



      The hoop mounts into the floor brackets which self align for easy drilling.



      The down bars attach through the package tray.





      Quick look at the finish of the down bar.



      The down bars attach to the trunk floor. I used the frame rail spot welds as a guide to line up the bolt holes.
      Make sure you line this up perfectly so it hits the flat part of the frame rails. I used a right angle drill with a
      1/8 drill to make sure I hit the frame rail perfectly.



      You can see that the bolts hit there mark perfectly. I also had to get tweak the floor just a little bit.




      Finishing off the cage I once again enlisted the help of one of my daughters. I also found the perfect use for an
      old cotton shower curtain. It makes a perfect blanket for my daughter to lay on.




      You can see Ride-Tech did a perfect job when designing the Tiger cage. The main hoop is in perfect alignment
      with the "B" pillar.



      Harness bar installed.



      Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    18. #198
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,355
      Country Flag: United States
      Now you have me wanting a Tiger Cage. Argh, more money.
      Stephen

    19. #199
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Tiger Cage Install Part 3

      2012 08-12 Update - 2nd Chance Camaro - Tiger Cage Install Part 3
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Good Afternoon all,

      Even my girls are excited when boxes come from Ride Tech.



      The most important thing is "Do Not Open" the Envelope from Ride Tech. You may order more stuff !!!!!



      Now this is how parts are suppose to be shipped.



      Mounting the side bars is very simple. Locate the brackets on the main hoop and tighten once all hardware is loosely fastened.





      Still trying to decide if we are going to hide this bracket under the carpet. It's almost to nice to hide.





      On forward door bar one of the bolts must come up from the underside of the car.



      These are the only tools that you need to install a Tiger Cage after you drill the holes in the floor pan.



      Cage fully installed.



      pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    20. #200
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,355
      Country Flag: United States
      Do I spy wheels in the pics? Mock up? Tiger Cages looks like it fits like a glove.
      Stephen

    Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com