Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast
    Results 161 to 180 of 949
    1. #161
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      Easton, PA
      Posts
      989
      Country Flag: United States
      I like it. considering the 2nd gen doesn't have rain gutters you were kind of stuck. I also don't like hitch mount racks and used to run a yakima roof rack on my '70 Nova all summer long (when I had my Fat Chance on the roof I tripled the value of the car!)

      Keith C.


    2. #162
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by twosaturns View Post
      I like it. considering the 2nd gen doesn't have rain gutters you were kind of stuck. I also don't like hitch mount racks and used to run a yakima roof rack on my '70 Nova all summer long (when I had my Fat Chance on the roof I tripled the value of the car!)
      Which Fat Chance did you have ?
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    3. #163
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      Easton, PA
      Posts
      989
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      Which Fat Chance did you have ?
      I worked in a shop in the early '90's, custom ordered a Yo Eddy in periwinkle blue, built up w/ Campagnolo Euclid.
      then I rebuilt it Campagnolo Record OR when that came out, and sent the frame back to Fat City and had it repainted cheese whiz orange, w/ a new box crown fork.
      yeah, I spent a lot of money on it...
      Keith C.

    4. #164
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by twosaturns View Post
      I worked in a shop in the early '90's, custom ordered a Yo Eddy in periwinkle blue, built up w/ Campagnolo Euclid.
      then I rebuilt it Campagnolo Record OR when that came out, and sent the frame back to Fat City and had it repainted cheese whiz orange, w/ a new box crown fork.
      yeah, I spent a lot of money on it...
      So the question at hand - Do you still own it
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    5. #165
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      Easton, PA
      Posts
      989
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      So the question at hand - Do you still own it
      LOL no :( I made some big life changing decisions in '93, sold my Nova and that frame. kept a custom Slim Chance I had at the time too (custom purple paint, box crown fork too, and Campagnolo Super Record) but had to sell that frame a year later also.
      just have a Surly Pacer now, that's all I need.
      Keith C.

    6. #166
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Livermore, CA
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Marty, so thinking about your build, are you going to incorporate any mountain bike parts into it? How about a "tuffy" steering wheel? Five spoke from late 70's early 80's bmx bike, maybe too large a diameter though. Any thoughts? Hows it coming?

    7. #167
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by mikes70 View Post
      Marty, so thinking about your build, are you going to incorporate any mountain bike parts into it? How about a "tuffy" steering wheel? Five spoke from late 70's early 80's bmx bike, maybe too large a diameter though. Any thoughts? Hows it coming?

      Actually there will be a hint of MTB Stuff in the car and the trunk. But I still need to discuss that with Kenny.

      PS - Kenny we need to make a home for Shoe's, Helmet, Gloves, Camalback, and MTB tool box in the trunk. Maybe even figure a way to mount a bike stand on the back of the car so I can fix what I break on the trail.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    8. #168
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Livermore, CA
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      You may be able to make the "tune up stand" mountable to the bottom side of the trunk, one of the hitch mount portable types cut down and retrofitted to the under of the trunk deck lid and then a couple of hinge latches to secure the trunk lid when open....? Luv this crap...p.s. went over the handle bars on my Cervelo going to watch the second stage of the tour of california, no longer a road virgin..lol (ouch)

    9. #169
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      OREGON
      Posts
      364
      Country Flag: United States
      Very detailed build keep up the good work.... Cant wait to see the mtn bikes on there..

    10. #170
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Kore 3 Rear Brakes & Moser Axles's

      2012 05-29 Update - Kore 3 Rear Brakes & Moser Axles's www.kore3.com
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Okay I am way behind at posting updates.

      Installing the Kore3 brakes is so easy install even my 11 year old daughter can do it. First we remove the stock axles and original drum brakes.



      Here is the complete Kore3 rear brake kit.



      We installed the supplied bracket and did a quick test fit of the caliper.



      In order for the GM Rotors to fit on the axles you need to machine down the axle flange. Instead of machining down the 40 year old axle I called Moser and had the build a set of HD Axles with the proper flange diameter. My daughter ran the tap down thru the bolt holes to ease the install of the ARP wheels studs.



      Like I said so simple a 11 year old could do it.



      Final Install Picture and yes my daughter installed the entire kit with only a little help.



      Since the rear cover was off it was the perfect time to install the Aluminum Differential cover from Summit Racing.



      Did I mention it's "Made in America"



      pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    11. #171
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      N.J.
      Posts
      690
      Country Flag: United States
      Great update Marty. Just got my Kore-3 rear kit in last week too.
      Keep the pictures coming.

    12. #172
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by aps63 View Post
      Great update Marty. Just got my Kore-3 rear kit in last week too.
      Keep the pictures coming.
      Save yourself some Time and money and just call moser and get a new set of Axles. There only $300 shipped to your door with Studs.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    13. #173
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Rear Seat Restraints

      2012 06-25 Update - Rear Seat Restraints
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Evening all,

      Since this car is being built to haul the family it's important to have restraints for all passengers. I had
      the guys at High Speed Welding in Westmont, IL install a mounting point for the 4 Point restraints for
      the kids. www.highspeedwelding.com

      Couple Quick Pics







      Sorry about the picture quality however you can see where the mounts are located.

      Once the car is back together the plan is get a hold of the guys at Seat Belt planet to make some custom
      seat belts for the kids.

      pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    14. #174
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      OREGON
      Posts
      364
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice work I like that child seat restraint very cool..

    15. #175
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - DSE Subframe Connectors

      2012 06-26 Update - DSE Subframe Connectors
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Evening all,

      Since the body and the subframe need to get put back together we figured now is a good time to install
      the Sub-Frame connectors from DSE.
      Once again the guys at High Speed welding handled the work. www.highspeedwelding.com







      What I like the most about there connectors is how close they fit to the body.







      pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    16. #176
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Cleaning Up the DSE Subframe Connectors

      2012 06-27 Update - Cleaning Up the DSE Subframe Connectors
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com


      Evening All,

      Okay since I am home for at least one more week and I am not allowed to drive it's time to play catch up.
      I enlisted the help of my oldest to help clean up the sub-fame connectors. It's amazing how fast they
      flashed over with rust. Out came the wire wheel and some serious elbow grease.



      Getting closer





      Time to get out the cheap labor. Did I mention she works for Taco's



      Looks much better.



      Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    17. #177
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - DEI Boom Mat
      2012 06-29 Update - DEI Boom Mat
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com


      Morning All,

      I love Christmas in June even if it's Hot as Hell out. www.boommat.com

      We used DEI products on Syborg www.syborgtwinturbo.com to keep the heat down under the hood
      and now they offer a full product line to keep you cool on the inside.







      Don't forget to check out the full product line. http://www.designengineering.com/


      Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    18. #178
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - A Little Primer on the DSE Tubs

      2012 06-29 Update - A Little Primer on the DSE Tubs
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Morning All,

      My buddy rick came over to help me clean up the mini-tubs. Seem he was the supervisor.











      Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    19. #179
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Livermore, CA
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      So what keepth you from driving?
      is it keeping you from riding?

      I had shoulder surgery 3 wks ago, turned out my main tendon was completly torn, Doc fixed, i recoupin, no bikes for 5 months minimum. Its also postponing my T56 conversion sitting in the garage....least i can drive with my left hand. Did my brake break-in last weekend (followed with a couple of donuts...fun)

    20. #180
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by mikes70 View Post
      So what keepth you from driving?
      is it keeping you from riding?

      I had shoulder surgery 3 wks ago, turned out my main tendon was completly torn, Doc fixed, i recoupin, no bikes for 5 months minimum. Its also postponing my T56 conversion sitting in the garage....least i can drive with my left hand. Did my brake break-in last weekend (followed with a couple of donuts...fun)
      Well, had a colonoscopy and it didn't go well. They had to go brave heart on me and remove a 12" section of my colon and a ping pong ball size tumor. Yes it was cancer yet again but the good news is that it was isolated to my colon and had not spread to my lymph nodes.

      So good new is they removed the bad stuff and they explored around for 2 hours looking for more of the bad stuff and didn't find any. Meet with the Doc and Oncologist on Monday to see if I need to do Chemo but it looks like I may not have to. Even if I do it's just a small set back and I'll beat it again.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com