Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Results 21 to 40 of 182
    1. #21
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      41
      Yeah guys....I was hoping she would come back from the blaster a little cleaner. OUCH.

      :windsor..can you PM me where you are deployed? Yes...damn the swiss.

      Ron, your car is a great inspiration and you are incredibly skilled and a hard worker. I am not the best body man, so I am leaving that to Rusty.

    2. #22
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      St. Pete, FL/Deployed
      Posts
      185
      Country Flag: United States
      Kennedy...will do.

    3. #23
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Orlando, Fl
      Posts
      1,229
      Country Flag: United States
      Ouch, well looks like that snowball is starting to gain momentum.

      Looks like those metal flares and shaved drip rails are going to be put on the back burner. :P

      Rusty, if I am in the area, any issue with stopping by to see the progress?
      Nick DiPrenda

    4. #24
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by dipren443 View Post
      Ouch, well looks like that snowball is starting to gain momentum.

      Looks like those metal flares and shaved drip rails are going to be put on the back burner. :P

      Rusty, if I am in the area, any issue with stopping by to see the progress?
      No problem just let me know ahead of time since at this time we are working out of two shops. One fab shop and one paint and assembly shop.
      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    5. #25
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      I had Brian weld the shock towers since we are going to be using Opentracker front suspension



      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    6. #26
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      St. Pete, FL/Deployed
      Posts
      185
      Country Flag: United States
      lookin good!

    7. #27
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Posts
      32
      What you did to the shock towers, is that what they call "stitch welding"? Sorry if thats a dumb question.

    8. #28
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      41

      Stitch vs Seam

      runningriot,

      I think that is closer to seam welding than stitch welding, though local to an area, not the whole car.

      Some guys, especially rally car builders stitch weld the car, think on an inch, off an inch throughout the car and especially in the floorpan area to keep the car strong but also allowing a little give.

      I am not an expert, but this is what I have picked up. Any all knowing people, feel free to correct me.

      break: Good stuff Rusty. She should be a lot stronger with all that new metal you are putting in.

      Chris

    9. #29
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Orlando, Fl
      Posts
      1,229
      Country Flag: United States
      Hope Chris doesn't mind me posting this pic...

      I think we can name the project...

      Project Snowball sounds good to me... or

      Domino effect?

      Nick DiPrenda

    10. #30
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      The fender aprons had been replaced at one time but they had not cut out all of the old metal and were not welded in some places. Brian removed the fender apron cleaned it up and welded back in and repaired a little rust.





      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    11. #31
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      Carthage, MO
      Posts
      97
      wow this turned into a big project... doing a nice job up front..

    12. #32
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      41
      Looks good Rusty.

      Nick, project snowball might be the nom, especially considering my prowess as a snow skier.

      Also, I am glad I saved the drivetrain out of the 2006$ challenge car we built. It will need a refresh, but will get her moving well enough.

      Iraq is good all. I am getting adjusted and getting my butt to the gym. It is starting to warm up here....

      Take Care,
      Chris



    13. #33
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Orlando, Fl
      Posts
      1,229
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
      Looks good Rusty.

      Nick, project snowball might be the nom, especially considering my prowess as a snow skier.

      Also, I am glad I saved the drivetrain out of the 2006$ challenge car we built. It will need a refresh, but will get her moving well enough.

      Iraq is good all. I am getting adjusted and getting my butt to the gym. It is starting to warm up here....

      Take Care,
      Chris
      I think the challenge motor needs some new rings... Whatcha think? I am not quite sure, were we burning wood or gas in that thing? It sure as hell was smoking a bit.
      Nick DiPrenda

    14. #34
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      Fresno
      Posts
      164
      Good progress. I did the same thing with my shock towers.

    15. #35
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Location
      mason city iowa
      Posts
      119
      Country Flag: United States
      well at lest you're car is not as rusty as mines

    16. #36
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      Brian finished welding the engine compartment and epoxy primed it yesterday.








      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    17. #37
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      Brian cut the floor out next step will be subframe connectors.



      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    18. #38
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      LYNCHBURG,OHIO
      Posts
      512
      Country Flag: United States
      Chris,
      Thank you for all that you do. I wish you well. I hope your time flys by.

      Greg
      Greg Tholen
      GT Motorsports
      Dealer for Wilwood,Baer,Viking,Moser,BMR,Earl's
      (937)763-7272

    19. #39
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      41
      Rusty and Brian,

      The progress looks great. I know it is getting hot down there, so hang in there.

      Greg,

      I am a month through my one year tour. I have been getting to the gym and am enjoying my job, but do miss my son and girlfriend.

      Thanks for the well wishes.

      Chris

    20. #40
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      Location
      miami.fl.us
      Posts
      86
      Country Flag: United States
      So, what are the plans for the car's engine? Looks like either a 289/302/351 since you kept the shock towers. Brian is doing a heck of a nice job in this Florida heat.

      EDIT: Stay thirsty, my friends.
      Last edited by hivewax; 05-07-2010 at 10:30 AM. Reason: =)
      EngineeRunner - Vintage Ford - '66FBGT + '68F250CC4x4

    Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com