Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Results 61 to 80 of 208
    1. #61
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 64G-lark View Post
      Nice looking car Mike. Tom F. is a great guy and has helped me a lot. When you get ready to do engine mounts, headers and oil pan I have figured out a combination that works well for A-bodies. I will be watching along.
      I'm sorry I missed your post Mark..I would appreciate anything you want to share about mounts, headers and a pan. I probably won't be at that point until after the first of the year, but I would love to talk to you about it and exchange some information.

      Mike

    2. #62
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      I was able to get out in the shop for a few hours today and started welding up the driver's side wheel house, should have it finished tomorrow night. I'm hoping the passenger side goes quicker now that I have a little better idea of what i'm doing.


    3. #63
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      I got the driver's side tub finished today, It's not the prettiest job but the satisfaction is that I did it myself..I work pretty cheap



      Now on to the passenger side. I got the inner tub removed before football started.



      Mike

    4. #64
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Mooresville, Indiana
      Posts
      1,874
      Country Flag: United States
      Very excellent!

    5. #65
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by tommycomfort View Post
      Very excellent!
      Thanks Tom! Your rotisserie has been a life saver..I will never restore a car again without one

    6. #66
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      814
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice work, definitely a winter upgrade at some point for me.
      66 Chevelle - LS-Leap

      LQ9 / T56 Complete - Phase 2 in process!!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...t-LS-Heap-quot
      SC&C, Kore3, Detroit Speed, BBS, Advanced Induction, TickPerf, Currie, Moser, Holley, Hellwig, Edelbrock LS-Kit, Mast, Wilwood, BP-Automotive, StopTech, Ridetech, Hotchkis, UMI, Energy Suspension, AAW, B&B Classic's, PPG, Aeromotive, Canton, C&R, Sparco, Ididit, Spectre, Bridgestone, DakotaDigital, Alpine, RockfordFosgate

    7. #67
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks Kerry! I have been following along with your build, Has to be exciting finally getting some color on it!!!



    8. #68
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      814
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by MMcMasters View Post
      Thanks Kerry! I have been following along with your build, Has to be exciting finally getting some color on it!!!
      Definitely exciting. My painter gave me a peek to verify we liked the color choice since it was yellow!! He believes it will look good, but it pops in the light.
      66 Chevelle - LS-Leap

      LQ9 / T56 Complete - Phase 2 in process!!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...t-LS-Heap-quot
      SC&C, Kore3, Detroit Speed, BBS, Advanced Induction, TickPerf, Currie, Moser, Holley, Hellwig, Edelbrock LS-Kit, Mast, Wilwood, BP-Automotive, StopTech, Ridetech, Hotchkis, UMI, Energy Suspension, AAW, B&B Classic's, PPG, Aeromotive, Canton, C&R, Sparco, Ididit, Spectre, Bridgestone, DakotaDigital, Alpine, RockfordFosgate

    9. #69
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking good Mike! After watching you and Tom do this, I'm looking forward to doing the same with my Chevelle.
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    10. #70
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino View Post
      Looking good Mike! After watching you and Tom do this, I'm looking forward to doing the same with my Chevelle.
      Thanks Herb!!

    11. #71
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      I know this is a boring thread but I guess progress is progress. I got back to work on the chevelle today and was able to get the passenger tub fitted and welded in. Tomorrow I need to finish the braces and start on the trunk install. After finding the rust and the hidden fiberglass repair by the previous owner, I have decided to replace the entire trunk pan.





      Mike

    12. #72
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      I got the passenger side welded in today. Tomorrow I will finish the braces and start on the trunk pans.


    13. #73
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm sure everyone is sick of seeing wheel tub pictures but I finished the mini tub install today and I wanted to show one more:D Overall everything went together pretty smooth but it was a little more involved then I thought it would be. Not to mention all of the hidden stuff I found which caused a few headaches. I was very impressed with ABC's wheel houses, they fit the stock outers perfectly. I probably went about things different then someone who does this for a living but I did learn a lot. If I do another one down the road it will be so much easier the second time around.

      I'm going to try to get out in the shop a few hours each night this week and then hit it hard next weekend and try to knock out the trunk pan install. I still have to do the frame notch yet and I have all of this nice Ride Tech stuff sitting on the shelf waiting to get installed. I'm very excited to get started on the chassis, it's another step closer to getting the body back on the frame.


    14. #74
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      I started on the trunk today. I cut everything out but the braces. I tacked in some vertical braces on the trunk shelf to insure everything stayed in place and I removed the braces as well.



      This is what a good portion of the trunk looked like. Most of the drivers side had a layer of fiberglass covering rust.



      I was able to get the passenger side and the center pan fitted today. Hoping to get back on it this weekend and finish it up.



      Mike

    15. #75
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Chandler, Az (from west NE)
      Posts
      240
      Country Flag: United States
      Moving right along. I hate it when people " micky mouse( not a misspell, no trademark infringement, lol)" a repair job then cover it with paint.
      Ric

      2002 s10, DD and AutoX.
      1966 Malibu owned since 1971. Drag car converting to track toy!

    16. #76
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      I didn't get it completely done, still need to get the tank braces on but the trunk pan is done and welded in.







      Mike

    17. #77
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      Great Job! Its looking good.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    18. #78
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks Wayne!

    19. #79
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      Well I got called into work on Saturday but I was able to work all day today. I got the fuel tank braces done and the trunk and mini tub are officially done. It's masked off and ready for some etch primer/sealer. I know it didn't happen if there aren't pictures so here are a few



















      Mike

    20. #80
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Rochester, IL
      Posts
      143
      Country Flag: United States
      Well this weekend didn't quite go as planned. My son crashed his bike and broke his wrist Saturday morning. It was very warm Saturday but he managed to find some ice that had not melted yet. We spent most of Saturday in the emergency room. I was able to get the floors in sealer today in between football and waiting on my son hand and foot. He is taking full advantage of his injury, living on the couch like a king and has full control if the tv remote



      Mike

    Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com