Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 30 ... LastLast
    Results 381 to 400 of 949
    1. #381
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      New Washington, IN
      Posts
      1,509
      Sorrybif I missed it, what's the color?

      1971 Camaro 427 in waiting
      1988 C1500 Daily Driver
      1955 Bel Air, blown BBC street car


    2. #382
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      It came out so nice Marty! I love it!!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    3. #383
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blaze View Post
      Sorrybif I missed it, what's the color?
      Not sure if you did as I don't think I ever posted it.



      Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      It came out so nice Marty! I love it!!
      Thank you very much
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    4. #384
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      New Washington, IN
      Posts
      1,509
      Very cool! Reminds me of a play on the factory 71 camaro color Ascot Blue.

      Love your overall build!

      Enjoy it!
      1971 Camaro 427 in waiting
      1988 C1500 Daily Driver
      1955 Bel Air, blown BBC street car

    5. #385
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Thank you and that was the goal as the car was originally blue. At some point in time we may paint the car with a gloss clear just to change things up a little bit. Kenny sprayed the core support in gloss and we liked it so much it stayed gloss. Maybe when we add the Scott Mock subframe we shoot the car wit the gloss clear.

      This is the only decent picture I have of the core support



      Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blaze View Post
      Very cool! Reminds me of a play on the factory 71 camaro color Ascot Blue.

      Love your overall build!

      Enjoy it!
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    6. #386
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      New Washington, IN
      Posts
      1,509
      Awesome! I like your style ;)
      1971 Camaro 427 in waiting
      1988 C1500 Daily Driver
      1955 Bel Air, blown BBC street car

    7. #387
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blaze View Post
      Awesome! I like your style ;)

      My goal is to keep this car for a few years and make small big impact changes every couple years instead of
      building a completely new car every couple years.

      Stage 1 - Bolt together Driver

      Stage 2 - Interior

      Stage 3 - Chassis

      Stage 4 - Street Machine of the year type build ( Gloss Paint )
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    8. #388
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Apparently I am way way behind on updates.

      So I am not a big fan of chrome or polished wheels as I really don't like cleaning them and on certain cars it just looks good. For me I just
      didn't like how they looked so the wheels and the trim came off and were coated in a Titanium color to give the car a more industrial look.



      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    9. #389
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Before the car left Kenny's to come home I asked him to make me down bars in the engine bay which would eventually hold the remote reservoir shocks by Ride Tech.










      Now that the car has been home for about 7 months and the first punch list is complete I figure I should do some back
      posting to catch get everyone up to date on the car.

      When the car left Kenny's the car had some motor issues. No fault of Kenny's but after 6 months Kenny & I decided to give the car to my
      buddy Don at Village Auto. Kenny and Stan were able to fix the main issue but were unable to figure out why it would idle and had terrible driveability.

      Well after many hours of screwing around with the car Don and the guys at Village Auto figured it out. The Holley HP carb that was our problem and it seems
      no matter what we did the carb would dump fuel into the motor when the fuel pump kicked on even if the car wasn't running. So with a quick call to Summit
      we ordered up a new old school 650 Holley carb and all of our problems were solved. The car now runs great and it is a tire smoking king which I am certain
      is going to get me a ticket or two.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    10. #390
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      So when the car came home back in October I gave it a bath for the first time and Satin paint is really easy to wash. Just make
      sure you use a Boars Hair brush as you don't want to polish the finish.





      Test fitted the fat bike on the 70 couldn't get it to work on my Rocky Mount tray.

      For now I swapped my Kuit tray and it worked but it's a bulky tray in the car.

      So I will be modifying the tray and hoping I can get the Rocky Mount tray to work.

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    11. #391
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      So first thing that we needed to figure out was how to get rid of the old car gas smell.

      First up replace the gas cap. The tank I received from Goodmark was for a 71 and up and the cap we had was for a 70. I big thank you goes to the guys at Goodmark for helping me figure this out.




      Next up was a filter/vent on a budget.







      So 2 months later and no smell. Sometimes budget fixes work great

      - - - Updated - - -

      Last year Victor was kind enough to do a rendering for me.

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    12. #392
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Posts
      105
      Country Flag: Norway
      Great work! Loving the bike rack, I like mountain and trail biking myself! Seat covers from TMI?

    13. #393
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      So I took the car to a local cruise night. People really seemed to like the simplicity of the car.





      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    14. #394
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Next up...

      I wanted to change up the feel on the inside of the car so the plan is to experiment with steering wheel and steering wheel dish so I
      ordered up a new Grant Steering wheel in Suede. I like the feel and the new locations of the wheel. However I may consider one with
      less dish next. But for the time being this should work fine.



      Okay, I finally ordered up a set of header studs and let's not talk about the bolts that are currently on the motor. Remember the 1st
      version of the car was to be bolt together and so is the second version. Lets call version "Attention to Detail" phase.





      Okay, it happened... "the might as well" since I am here thing.

      My goal is to quiet down the inside of the car so I called the guys at DEI and ordered more BOOM MAT. Which of course meant
      that I need to remove the Seats, Carpet and Tiger Cage and of course I might as well order a few 12 point ARP bolts to put back
      in the Tiger cage.



      It's a good thing I have good company while I am working in the garage. Not sure why I didn't get a new dog sooner even though they
      can't talk it's nice to have someone just hanging with you. His favorite spot in under the brake pedal.

      The first thing I need to do is isolate the interior from the trunk which should help reduce the sound from the Edelbrock electric fuel pump
      and the general noise from an old car trunk. My plan is to make patterns of all of the opening and create close-outs with a thin high density
      board and then line-x over it so it looks like part of the rear firewall.





      And of course in short order my garage was full of cars and parts.

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    15. #395
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      So as ya all know I love these seats and I have been looking at these for a long time. Here are some of the ideas I have been considering.



      Considering using these for my upper & lower radiator clamp.



      Stealing this idea from Porsche.





      Since I would like a 3 Point seat belt in red similar to this.



      I'm looking at having Morris custom make me a set in red.





      Need install my Kicker iPod controller.



      More stuff from DEI to reduce some of the interior & engine bay heat.





      Don't worry not going this crazy



      Considering padding and leather wrapping the cage.



      - - - Updated - - -

      And I love this finish and I am considering doing this with the center console and lower dash.



      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    16. #396
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Next Up...POR15 Bed Liner (this stuff is hard to get off your skin)

      I plan to do a bed liner in the trunk and keeping with the budget friendly and do as much as you can I going to try to use POR15 bed liner for the trunk.



      So I prepped the trunk and started by brushing Por15 in the trunk floor and inside of the quarters.





      Holy shine batman.



      And yep I got it on me

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    17. #397
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by kimosabi View Post
      Great work! Loving the bike rack, I like mountain and trail biking myself! Seat covers from TMI?
      Thank you and yep the Seats are by TMI
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    18. #398
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      orlando fl
      Posts
      419
      Wow those interiors rock! Where does one get those sparcos in the first pic? Excited to see how the POR15 comes out

    19. #399
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Schwartz Performance usually stocks them www.schwartzperformance.com and there price are really good.

      ps they are Recaro Sportster R seats with Sparco harness's

      Quote Originally Posted by yellow1098 View Post
      Wow those interiors rock! Where does one get those sparcos in the first pic? Excited to see how the POR15 comes out
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    20. #400
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Posts
      510
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking good Marty!! Glad to see you're still rolling on this one, looking at the existing seat, you're getting some smiles per mile.
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

    Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 30 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com