Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 78 of 121 FirstFirst ... 28 68 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 88 ... LastLast
    Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2412
    1. #1541
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Where the hosers are.
      Posts
      201
      I like those ducts.
      1973 Datsun 240 Z
      2.8L Turbocharged and Injected, WIP.

      DIY Fuel injection forums and information

    2. #1542
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,295
      Get some CF, resin, and a vaccum bag??
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

    3. #1543
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      san diego
      Posts
      5,101
      Country Flag: United States
      Ron,

      CF is not that hard to make, unless you need ultimate strength and/or a perfect finish.

    4. #1544
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      795
      Dude, that is going to be killer in there.

      Tell me you did not cut that board just for place to take a picture. LOL



    5. #1545
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Mountain View, CA
      Posts
      9,583
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks great Ron. Has the gears turning for a couple things on my car. How did you affix the mesh?
      True T.

      Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?


      Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

      My blog

      When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

    6. #1546
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Apex, NC
      Posts
      1,020
      Country Flag: United States
      I am in the Baltimore area at least once a month for work.....do you offer tours? :-)

    7. #1547
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Payton King View Post
      Dude, that is going to be killer in there.

      Tell me you did not cut that board just for place to take a picture. LOL
      No Payton, that is the stuff my contractor has set up in the basement. I'm sure he wouldn't mind me using it.
      Ron Schwarz

    8. #1548
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Damn True View Post
      Looks great Ron. Has the gears turning for a couple things on my car. How did you affix the mesh?
      Its pinched in between a 1" aluminum flat bar, and the framing, and held together with rivets. The hard part True, is building a wooden buck to hammer the mesh over. These weren't that bad to make, the side vents on the car were a PITA though.
      Ron Schwarz

    9. #1549
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Crestronwizard View Post
      I am in the Baltimore area at least once a month for work.....do you offer tours? :-)
      I work in Bmore, but live at the MD./PA. line.
      Ron Schwarz

    10. #1550
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Watching that show last night motivated me to finish this lower grill/brake ducts. I kind of liked the thing without the splitter, but its growing on me with it. If the weather holds out, I plan on hitting the drag strip next Sat., interested to see what kind of quarter mile times this thing runs.





      Ron Schwarz

    11. #1551
      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Location
      livermore ca
      Posts
      718
      looking good! is that a little nova under the cover?
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=22724

      65ss chevelle
      95 lt1 LE2 heads gm847 cam, 1.6 gold sereis roller rockers,52mm tb,37lb racetronix injectors. hooker headers

      63ss nova
      350:cam headers,roller rockers.pete jackson gear drive,
      th350 shift kit 3,500 stall
      3:73

      **Drive it like you stole it!!

    12. #1552
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Thats my buddy Franks twin turbo LS1 powered 63,somewhere around 900 hp's. It kind of did a dance with a telephone pole, and he is in the middle of rebodying it as we speak, it should be a super nice car.
      Ron Schwarz

    13. #1553
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Location
      Northern Minnesota
      Posts
      231
      Country Flag: United States
      Ouch! Poor guy. those telephone poles make poor dance partners.......

    14. #1554
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,355
      Country Flag: United States
      The bumper looks great. Are you still planning on tidying up the interior some?
      Stephen

    15. #1555
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      The bumper looks great. Are you still planning on tidying up the interior some?
      I'd like to, but dought I'll have the time.
      Ron Schwarz

    16. #1556
      Join Date
      Nov 2002
      Location
      state of confusion
      Posts
      1,499
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      The brake duct/lower grill isn't finished yet, finished trimming, and welding tonight.

      The exhaust had this resination at about 3000 rpm, I assume it was from the way I mounted the mufflers. Everything was in such tight quarters(as I'm sure your real familiar with) that when I mounted the mufflers, I welded three little mounting tabs to the frame, and 3 to mufflers. I used the little exhaust hangers that look almost like a shock bushing. I guess it was kinda rigid, because the front bushing kind fell apart, and started this ratting, that drove me up the wall. I'm hoping the flex in there will correct this issue. Only time will tell.

      I think as long as the flex sections have more than enough "flex" to accommodate engine/transmission rocking and chassis flex, you'll be OK. There doesn't look like there's a huge amount of clearance between the muffler inlet pipe and the hole cut in that frame tube, so I can see where looseness at the front of the muffler would make for a rattle.

      You'll also relieve fore/aft loads and lateral pipe displacement caused by exhaust pipe expansion - I'll bet it wants to grow quite a bit during a track session, and if it can't grow rearward it'll "pop out" of its cold shape either laterally or vertically. If it's mostly quiet just cruising around on a cold day and noisy out on the track or when driven hard, this is the likely reason.


      You may or may not fix the resonance. That's a function of the lengths between changes in exhaust system cross section. Sometimes a drone where the two pipes get to resonating in phase with each other can be reduced or eliminated by making the right side and left side exhaust lines slightly different length ahead of the mufflers. The flex sections will at least shift the frequency that the pipes as a whole will want to buzz at.


      Norm
      '08 GT coupe, 5M, suspension unstockish (the occasional track toy)
      '19 WRX, Turbo-H4/6M (the family sedan . . . seriously)
      Gone but not forgotten dep't:
      '01 Maxima 20AE 5M, '10 LGT 6M, '95 626, V6/5M; '79 Malibu, V8/4M-5M; '87 Maxima, V6/5M; '72 Pinto, I4/4M; '64 Dodge V8/3A

    17. #1557
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Posts
      3
      Nice build up mate Ron S! From a rust into a new one! Fit to budget. :D

    18. #1558
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Had a very good day at the drag strip. Me and a buddy drove our cars to the track, its still pretty cold here so it wasn't real crowded. We both made about twenty passes, I was a little worried about the clutchless 4 speed, beacause this was kind of its maiden voyage. It took a few passes to master, man is it a hoot to drive.

      The track was cold, so the Bfg's spun through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears. At one point, because of the violent nature of the trans, I broke loose pulling 4th gear and got a little close to the wall. Still managed to run a 10.94 @ 132 mph. If I had a set of drag radials, I think the car had a 10.4 in it. Nobody broke, everybody ran good, a really fun outing.

      A buddy took a bunch of video, as soon as he gets it up, I'll post it. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    19. #1559
      Join Date
      Aug 2002
      Location
      Waleska Ga.
      Posts
      2,722
      Country Flag: United States
      Very cool, glad to here it went well. That's some good times for the tires an cold temps! Man i cant believe the weather today its 81% here. I sure wish mine was done, but i am working on it today.
      Got the old floor pans out an cleaned up the welds for the new pans to go back in.
      David Sloan

      If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!


      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

    20. #1560
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      ....It took a few passes to master, man is it a hoot to drive.

      ...
      Told ya! Great times for being so traction limited.

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    Page 78 of 121 FirstFirst ... 28 68 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 88 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com