Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 77 of 121 FirstFirst ... 27 67 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 87 ... LastLast
    Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2412
    1. #1521
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I whined alot about the Baer stop challenge flat spotting the tires, but I got a contingency check from both Baer and BFG, to buy new tires and brakes, so it all worked out in the end. I guess abs would be a great upgrade, save the tires, or maybe I just need to learn how to drive better.
      Ron Schwarz

    2. #1522
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,295
      Nice... I had the some a##hole pull out in front of me stop challenge on the way home from work in the G8.... Thank god for ABS... it still stopped like a pig though. Is it bad I want to upgrade to the 09+ CTS-V/ZL1 14.5" rotors and 6 piston Brembo's up front on my DD?
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

    3. #1523
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I could not get the proper shim with the LS7 clutch with this setup, I was forced to fabricate a bellhouing shim to fit between the bell and the block. The nice part about this setup is, the trans can go in and out without touching the throwout bearing.


      Attached Images Attached Images    
      Ron Schwarz

    4. #1524
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by bonecrrusher View Post
      Nice... I had the some a##hole pull out in front of me stop challenge on the way home from work in the G8.... Thank god for ABS... it still stopped like a pig though. Is it bad I want to upgrade to the 09+ CTS-V/ZL1 14.5" rotors and 6 piston Brembo's up front on my DD?
      I am a participant in the Ahole stop challenge everyday here in Baltimore.LOL I never in my wildest dreams would have thought I'd be wanting a Caddilac so bad, those things are just cool, kind of a pleasure ZR1.
      Ron Schwarz

    5. #1525
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Location
      Northern Minnesota
      Posts
      231
      Country Flag: United States
      i do believe we have all been a part of that challenge..... here where i live it mostly happens with deer. i would love bigger brakes and farther reaching lights on my DD.

    6. #1526
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Dallas, TX
      Posts
      260
      Tire pattern baldness can be fixed. Call Bosley.
      '69 Chevelle - LQ4/T56
      '71 GMC SWB Fleetside - LM7/AR5

    7. #1527
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Finally getting this car back together. Got the clutchless 4 speed in, cut the headers up, shortened them to give the car a little more ground clearance, and got most of the the air dam, fabbed up for the brake ducts. Used turbo V band clamps to attach the exhaust to the header. Installed stainless flex tubes, and used 409 stainless for the exhaust, Hoping it cuts down on the rattling that the exhaust used to do.

      Special shout out to my buddy Frank for use of his lift,and help tigging up the exhaust.

      Driving impressions: Thought the the trans would be hard to shift, its funny, when you hammer the throttle, lift for a second, the trans pulls itself into the next gear. I absolutely love it. Its a little noisey, but its a hoot to drive. Shifts as faster then any automatic I've ever driven. Exhaust seems to be rattle free, at least so far. Ron







      Ron Schwarz

    8. #1528
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Posts
      38
      Lookin good.

      Is it ready for Jersey?

    9. #1529
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      As ready as it will ever be I guess. I few little loose ends to finish, I wish the weather would clear up, so I could put a few miles on it though.

      You ready to start on that 37 Ford. LOL
      Ron Schwarz

    10. #1530
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Posts
      38
      I'm ready.

      Rat Rods hide a multitude of welding sins.

    11. #1531
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Location
      Austin, Tx.
      Posts
      1,539
      Country Flag: United States
      Hey Ron,

      The exhaust looks really nice. Was the rattling you heard before from a pipe touching the frame/body? Did the "flex" joint help this?

      Also, the brake duct inlet looks interesting... What was the reason for the different design from the left and right side? Or are you just not finished with the piece?
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

    12. #1532
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      The brake duct/lower grill isn't finished yet, finished trimming, and welding tonight.

      The exhaust had this resination at about 3000 rpm, I assume it was from the way I mounted the mufflers. Everything was in such tight quarters(as I'm sure your real familiar with) that when I mounted the mufflers, I welded three little mounting tabs to the frame, and 3 to mufflers. I used the little exhaust hangers that look almost like a shock bushing. I guess it was kinda rigid, because the front bushing kind fell apart, and started this ratting, that drove me up the wall. I'm hoping the flex in there will correct this issue. Only time will tell.



      Ron Schwarz


    13. #1533
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Out in El Paso, TX
      Posts
      190
      Very awesome car bro. We have alot of the same tastes/ideas. Keep up the great work
      low is all I know..

    14. #1534
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Atlanta GA
      Posts
      7,477
      that exhaust looks sweet Ron!

    15. #1535
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Hey Ron,

      It's great that you like the trans. The LS7 clutch is very heavy. The lighter you make the flywheel/clutch assembly, the faster and smoother your shifts will be. When I had the Liberty T56 in my RX7 I was using a Quarter Master flywheel and a single disk 8.5" clutch. The flywheel and clutch assembly were under 20 pounds, combined. That combo really made a difference in shift speed and quality.

      Since this is the $5000 build thread, you can dream about a 3 disk carbon/carbon clutch setup with a reverse mount bellhousing. You did say $5000 per major component, right? :-)

      Andrew
      Last edited by andrewb70; 03-07-2011 at 10:12 AM.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    16. #1536
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Getting that LS7 clutch shimmed right, and the pedal stop adjusted was a PITA, but now that its done, it shifts great. This engine revs so quickly anyway, I don't know if I would really want the thing to wing any faster. And your right, those 2 and 3 disc setups cost way too much.

      Did you get your trans. back in yet Andrew? I know it broke, but how do you ike it? Was that the same trans you had behind the big block?
      Ron Schwarz

    17. #1537
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      I hear what you are saying about revving fast. The LS6 in my RX7 revved so fast that the stock belt tentioner couldn't control the belt well. I would throw a belt on occasion. PM sent.

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    18. #1538
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Mountain View, CA
      Posts
      9,583
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      I hear what you are saying about revving fast. The LS6 in my RX7 revved so fast that the stock belt tentioner couldn't control the belt well. I would throw a belt on occasion. PM sent.

      Andrew
      That was a neat car.
      True T.

      Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?


      Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

      My blog

      When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

    19. #1539
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Finally finished the lower grill, brake ducts. Put the race mesh in the center to match the grill, the turned out OK, but I wish I could produce these parts out of carbon fiber, would be alot lighter.








      Ron Schwarz

    20. #1540
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Kalamazoo, MI
      Posts
      144
      Lots of great info and ideas on this thread! Love the car!
      1969 Pontiac GTO
      -The Nameless project.

      0331, USMC, Semper Fi.

    Page 77 of 121 FirstFirst ... 27 67 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 87 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com