Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 83 of 121 FirstFirst ... 33 73 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 93 ... LastLast
    Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2412
    1. #1641
      Join Date
      May 2001
      Location
      Mesa, Az.
      Posts
      1,434
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by monteboy84 View Post
      Does the LS7 come with Forged pistons standard or were those hypereutetics like other LS motors?

      -matt
      They come with hypereutetics.. That is why Katech does so many forged piston conversions. I remember when we originally got our LS7 the guys basically said if you plan on beating on it with repeated high rpms a piston swap was a necesity.. Like Ron said, it is hard to know what the previous owner of the engine did to it, but this is really unfortunate.

      I would say the best route to go would be to rebuild the LS7. New block/crank/pistons/rods and return this beast to it's prior glory! Even if it takes extra time. I just hate throwing money at an engine that will just be a temporary solution. Seems like a waste.

      Phillip
      64 Studebaker Daytona Twin Turbo- http://bit.ly/1SgxQ0g
      65 Cutlass F-85 - http://bit.ly/1W4lJm4


    2. #1642
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Posts
      261
      Country Flag: Canada
      Those heads ls7 heads may bolt on to an ls3:
      http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/genera...-bolt-ls3.html
      Though the exhaust valve proximity may hurt flow too much (Do ls7 heads have low exhaust flow like l92s?). Anyways, a little valve clearance work on an LS3 shortblock could get you running again with a fair bit of power. Might be a little difficult to find compared to a ls1/2/5.3 though.

    3. #1643
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Just got back into town after my daughters wedding, it was nice not thinking about cars for a few days. First I just wanted to thank everyone who called or emailed, you'd have thought a person died instead of an engine. Thanks guys

      Will probably start on the sheetmetal ASAP, still looking for some engine stuff, have seriously been looking at Ford stuff, still cost too much.
      Ron Schwarz

    4. #1644
      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Location
      Motorcity, Canada
      Posts
      292
      Awful news Ron - glad to see that you are OK. I am sure you will have another engine built, installed and running again before most of us can swap out a set of wheels and tires . It always amazes me how fast you get things back together again and running in no time flat.
      Craig
      1968 Torino GT 4.6L S/C T56 IRS x2
      www.twintorino.com

    5. #1645
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Picking up some sheet metal today, have a few leads on a couple of power plants.
      Ron Schwarz

    6. #1646
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Woodstock, Ga
      Posts
      695
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Picking up some sheet metal today, have a few leads on a couple of power plants.
      LS power plants?

      Robert

    7. #1647
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Albemarle, NC
      Posts
      1,170
      Country Flag: United States
      stroked pushrod small block fords with turbos?
      Michael Crawford

      1970 plymouth Duster back under construction:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-makeover

      1987 GMC S15 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ct-drivabeater

    8. #1648
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm pretty sure it will be LS powered, once again to get to the power level that I had, I'd have to spend way too much to go Ford.

      I did start ripping off some old sheetmetal, used the hillbilly frame machine(a Jeep with a winch) to pull the metal around. Can't get over how ridgid the chassis was and how straight it kept the car. I'm convinced that a stock bodied Mustang would have blown the back window out, and been shaped like a taco. I guess its english wheel time.











      Ron Schwarz

    9. #1649
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Woodstock, Ga
      Posts
      695
      Country Flag: United States
      haha wow buddy that looks like some fun! I've used 1 poor mans puller, but not 2 lol.

      Glad your sticking with the LS idea, it's one of many cool things about your car!

      Robert

    10. #1650
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,355
      Country Flag: United States
      New rear valence? Shelby tail lights? I am glad for your sake that your fab skills not only made a cool car, but a safe one.
      Stephen

    11. #1651
      Join Date
      May 2001
      Location
      Mesa, Az.
      Posts
      1,434
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice to see you fixing it so quickly Ron!
      Phillip
      64 Studebaker Daytona Twin Turbo- http://bit.ly/1SgxQ0g
      65 Cutlass F-85 - http://bit.ly/1W4lJm4

    12. #1652
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      Elk River, MN
      Posts
      676
      As far as track wrecks go, that looks pretty minimal. Glad to see it's not more severe than that. When you're touching up the paint you'll be happy you didn't go with a metallic or some kind of 3-stage ;)

      -matt

    13. #1653
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Huntington Beach, CA
      Posts
      2,420
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post

      That is pure win Ron. For the majority of us on PT.com if we posted this pic, we'd get laughed right off the board. With your skills we just become more impressed!

      Two whinches, a floor jack and a metal stabalizer bar thing. Too funny
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

      Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

    14. #1654
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      El Dorado Hills
      Posts
      1,645
      Country Flag: United States
      Wow, that sucks. Sorry to see this. The only thing I could think of saying to better the sitch is it could have been worse. Hope you have an easy time putting it back together.

      Gaetano Cosentino
      Dont Drive Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly

    15. #1655
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Chad-1stGen View Post
      That is pure win Ron. For the majority of us on PT.com if we posted this pic, we'd get laughed right off the board. With your skills we just become more impressed!

      Two whinches, a floor jack and a metal stabalizer bar thing. Too funny

      The crazy part is, I have full access to a state of the art frame machine anytime I want, but after measuring the car there was truely no need. The damage was all just sheetmetal, thank God. The hillbilly frame machine kind of goes with the budget theme don't you think?, and it made me laugh. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    16. #1656
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Woodbine, MD
      Posts
      2,770
      Country Flag: United States
      Where have I been???? I had no idea the $5000 mustang thread was Ron's!! It's time for me to get out from under this rock.

      Ron it was great to meet you at RTTS and it really sucks to see what happened to your car. At least you are ok though!
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

      "Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

    17. #1657
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      westchester county new york
      Posts
      2,995
      Awesome!

    18. #1658
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I thought I posted these already, apparently I didn't.
      http://57hemicuda.smugmug.com/Cars/C...45716649_fgW7V
      Ron Schwarz

    19. #1659
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Atlanta GA
      Posts
      7,477

    20. #1660
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Posts
      23
      I just wanted to say i really love the bare bones approach to your mustang. I have a 66 i built around ten years ago for strip duty and i've grown tired of the poor handling even with aftermarket components. I like the idea of putting a frame under it, ive wrenched for a shop for years but i think its time to learn to weld. Did i notice you ran your exhaust through the frame? Did you have to reinforce that area or is it of minimal concern?

    Page 83 of 121 FirstFirst ... 33 73 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 93 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com