Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 82 of 121 FirstFirst ... 32 72 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 92 ... LastLast
    Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2412
    1. #1621
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Bellmawr, New Jersey
      Posts
      15
      Some of the pictures I took of Ron's mustang. I was talking about your car to my dad all week I even showed him the ceceil runs because we go down there ocasionally and before I could make it up the bridge to watch you crashed. Your car and fabrications skills are inspiring. It was nice seeing the car. Best of luck with the engine.



      Chris
      Attached Images Attached Images        
      Last edited by JerseyNova; 04-10-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: idk


    2. #1622
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      East-Tennessee
      Posts
      291
      Ron, This is horrible! Your Mustang is Amazing and I hope you can get it back together for Nashville. Maybe not paint the block blue this time? I really wish I could of made this event!!!

    3. #1623
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks Yancy, The sheet metal shouldn't be bad. I was afraid that one day this would happen, so I made the tail panel, and inner wheel well a bolt on, will have to reshape a new quarter panel, but other then that its all nut and bolt. As soon as I get back from North Carolina I'll get to the sheet metal. I'm still pretty up in the air on the engine though. Why do we do this to ourselves?lol
      Ron Schwarz

    4. #1624
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      Hampton Bays NY
      Posts
      338
      Sorry about your car...... Had a great time hanging with you!!! Hope to see you in Nashville
      Vinnie Allegretta
      A Winner Never Quits...A Quitter Never Wins
      www.fquick.com/vinz68

    5. #1625
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks Vinn, its always good seeing you and Tina. The new Camaro is awesome. I'm pretty sure the piston broke Friday night when it belched out all that oil.The car didn't feel right Saturday, I should of stopped beating on it, but you know, I couldn't.
      Ron Schwarz

    6. #1626
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,355
      Country Flag: United States
      So, the first iteration had an LS1 and you windowed that block. You made the next logical step and went to an LS7 and now you have windowed that block. Where do you go from here? C5R block or a C6R block? I hate seeing this, but I am glad to hear that you are ok. As everybody else has stated, you have to be saluted for driving your car particularly after all of the wrench time that you have put into it.
      Stephen

    7. #1627
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      Elk River, MN
      Posts
      676
      Man, that's a bummer :( But remember, a bad day on the track beats the best day standing next to a trailer queen at a car show

      Can't wait to see what you come up with this time!

      -matt

    8. #1628
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      795
      Spent the better part of yesterday looking for you an new block and crank. I did not come up with any deals, but i will keep an eye out. Good thing when you built the car you made it like a tank. I would have thought there would have been more damage to the rear. Deck lid looks good except where the gas monkey dropped the nozzel on it. LOL

      I also feel bad about the Crash Test Dummy comment...Evil Knievle or Joey Chitwood would have been more fitting.

    9. #1629
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Atlanta GA
      Posts
      7,477
      daaammn Ron!.. glad your okay, but whoa that is a terrible feeling..

      but hell.. you did all the work to it.. you can put it back together.

    10. #1630
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Posts
      24
      Any thoughts on putting the new 5.0 Coyote in it?

    11. #1631
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      NW burbs IL
      Posts
      1,732
      Slap a cheap ls1 into it, I know Darrin has one, I sold it to him!!
      Matt


      Current project: " Chain Reaction "

      A.K.A. " BIG " by wife, biatch in garage.

      1969 RS Camaro L92 T56 Quadra-link, CW sub, Ford 9" a progressive build.

      Ex track car: 1995 Camaro LS1 T56

    12. #1632
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Yeah Matt, I'm pretty sure thats what its going to get. After paying for this wedding, funds are pretty slim. I've got a bunch of feelers out, hopefully I come up with something.

      And yes, I'd love to put a Coyote engine in there, I always wanted this car to be Ford powered. I just can't swing it right now.
      Ron Schwarz

    13. #1633
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      826
      It just seems that with all of the accessories, mounts, headers, etc. you already have in place to run an LS engine, it might be a waste to ditch all that and go Ford; even if you could sell some of the parts used.

      I'm starting to wonder if all of us in the PT world that put our cars on the track (even if it's just occasionally) need to start thinking harder about oiling systems. With the destruction of your LS7, Bill's Hemi, Chris' BBC and a few others all meeting their maker at road course events, I wonder if we're all overlooking something we shouldn't.
      Jeff K.
      69 Camaro SS, 406 SBC, TKO600, 9" w/3.73 tru-trac, Speedtech Arms, AFX Spindles, Lee 670 Box, Baer GT front, C5Z rear. Hyperco Leafs w/ Fays2 Watts Link + Varishocks.

    14. #1634
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      The death of my engine, and Bills engine were not oil related, i don't know about Chris. Bills car just ate a valve, part failure, not oil related. Mine broke a piston, shot the rod through the block, also not oil related,and my car already had dry sump oiling. The piston I'm almost positive broke Friday night on the cruise, puking oil out the breather like crazy. The car was slightly down on power Saturday, I should have recognized the symptoms, but didn't until it was too late. Lesson learned, expensive lesson. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    15. #1635
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      826
      Gotcha Ron. I had forgotten that you retained the dry sump system. All the more reason to stick with an LS?

      Very sorry to hear about your expensive misfortune on that Ron. Did anyone else have an engine failure at RTTS?

      I know this is an area of my car that has been largely overlooked so now I'm thinking about what needs to be done to make it live over the longrun.
      Jeff K.
      69 Camaro SS, 406 SBC, TKO600, 9" w/3.73 tru-trac, Speedtech Arms, AFX Spindles, Lee 670 Box, Baer GT front, C5Z rear. Hyperco Leafs w/ Fays2 Watts Link + Varishocks.

    16. #1636
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      Elk River, MN
      Posts
      676
      Does the LS7 come with Forged pistons standard or were those hypereutetics like other LS motors?

      -matt

    17. #1637
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      Medina Ohio
      Posts
      82
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Yeah Matt, I'm pretty sure thats what its going to get. After paying for this wedding, funds are pretty slim. I've got a bunch of feelers out, hopefully I come up with something.

      And yes, I'd love to put a Coyote engine in there, I always wanted this car to be Ford powered. I just can't swing it right now.
      Glad you are OK Ron. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

      Chris

    18. #1638
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Location
      SLC
      Posts
      660
      Quote Originally Posted by monteboy84 View Post
      Man, that's a bummer :( But remember, a bad day on the track beats the best day standing next to a trailer queen at a car show

      Can't wait to see what you come up with this time!

      -matt
      Absolutely. This has got to be the coolest car on this site, and the thing that sets it apart is that Ron is willing to frequently push its limits. The wreck is a bummer, but I'd be ok with a little body damage if it meant I was getting that much seat time.

      Ron,
      can't wait to see your car back in action.
      Zach

      1970 Mach 1 build - Half-Breed (pro-touring.com)

    19. #1639
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Apex, NC
      Posts
      1,020
      Country Flag: United States
      Well this sucks.........sure you will have it back going in no time. Headed down to NC eh? My buddy is getting married this weekend, guess a lot of that going around. Good luck!

    20. #1640
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      1
      Oh my God! Sorry about your car. First time I have posted here, been a member for a while. I couldn't keep quiet. I met you at V I R last year and watched you spank that Nissan GTR's ass. As a mustang owner, first mustang to get a pass with Chevy drivetrain. Enjoyed meeting you. Hope you get your car fix soon. Thanks for thinking outside the mustang box.

    Page 82 of 121 FirstFirst ... 32 72 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 92 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com