Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 65 ... LastLast
    Results 281 to 300 of 1589
    1. #281
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      With the help of a few of the members from the DC forum I cut in the outboard dash AC vents use some great measurements, pictures, and part of an AC dash for an original template.
      Thanks
      Pat















    2. #282
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      Finished the AC and heater lines at the motor, all that is left is one short line to make from the drier to the inter fender bulkhead fitting.







      After bending the S/S line I had a friend weld the fitting on instead of silver soldering them on.

















      The short braided soft lines for the heater and AC running forward and down will help to de-clutter the engine bay.
      Thanks
      Pat

    3. #283
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      North Platte,NE
      Posts
      876
      Country Flag: United States
      That is really slick! I want to add ac to mine later on when everything else is sorted.

    4. #284
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      You did a nice job on the lines.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    5. #285
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      Today I replaced the right side radiator core support so I can use the larger radiator. The new part fit nice and I spot-welded it in place. I hope to test fit the new radiator next week.
      Thanks
      Pat


















    6. #286
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice! I would have loved to have that done to my support for a bigger Radiator, but I had it powder coated long ago. Great build.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    7. #287
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      sw Kansas
      Posts
      1,661
      Country Flag: United States
      I know the ac lines were pricey but they look real nice. Do you own a spot welder?

    8. #288
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      I know the ac lines were pricey but they look real nice. Do you own a spot welder?
      Yes they are a little pricey but so is most everything I put on this car unfortunately. I have a Miller spot welder and it works great.
      Thanks
      Pat

    9. #289
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      All the AC lines are finished and the drier & condenser have been test fit. So far I’m very happy with the Vintage Air Mopar B Body system. I’m getting closer to putting the car on the rotisserie.
      Thanks
      Pat










    10. #290
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      The lines look sweet! Nice job on them.

      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK


    11. #291
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      The lines look sweet! Nice job on them.
      Thank you sir!



      I had one bad spot in the right side cowl vent that needed a small repair, but fortunately it was accessible. The right side cowl vent is not used with new Vintage Air system; there is a plate that will cover it. Now I can water test it with a rust converter and spray it down with sealer. If anyone has a proven method for access, cleaning, and coating the inside of the cowl please let me know.
      Thanks
      Pat










    12. #292
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      I fitted and welded in the left side US Car Tool inner fender brace. It needed a little massaging but fit really nice. Right side is next!
      Thanks
      Pat


















    13. #293
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      I received my Griffin radiator yesterday so with the motor still in the car I test fitted it. I’m going to weld a 90 degree pipe on the thermostat housing so it will have a short top hose.
      Thanks
      Pat
















    14. #294
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      the dirty mitten
      Posts
      1,217
      Country Flag: United States
      Loving your work as always! I had to remove my cowl due to some damage and replace it with a donor panel. You would not like what I found under there, a lot of leaves and dirt. From what I could see, there is no good way to clean that stuff out without removing the cowl panel. Or go at it from the underside. If you are going to seal off that cowl vent to the passenger compartment anyway, maybe just cut out that riser and then just put a shop vac hose up there. Of course that will not clean out the other side but maybe you can get the hose over to that side.

      I had my new cowl painted with epoxy primer top and bottom. I also painted the under cowl panel area to keep it protected in the future. I had painted it orange because I had thought about having the car that color, I changed it to black before the new cowl went on just in case I didn't end up going orange. Glad I did because now I'm wanting blue
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

    15. #295
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      the dirty mitten
      Posts
      1,217
      Country Flag: United States
      Found the pics of when I removed my cowl panel





      Hand sanded and cleaned up, its a once every 40 some years chance to clean this thing up so I took full advantage of it


      Primed up all nice


      This is where I had painted it all orange, I changed my mind and made it black before i put the new piece on for good
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

    16. #296
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      Disassembled the brake pedal assembly and added the clutch pedal. Next I will fit the assembly to the Hydroboost and hydraulic clutch.
      Thanks
      Pat












    17. #297
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      It cleaned up nice.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    18. #298
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Motorcitydak View Post
      Loving your work as always! I had to remove my cowl due to some damage and replace it with a donor panel. You would not like what I found under there, a lot of leaves and dirt. From what I could see, there is no good way to clean that stuff out without removing the cowl panel. Or go at it from the underside. If you are going to seal off that cowl vent to the passenger compartment anyway, maybe just cut out that riser and then just put a shop vac hose up there. Of course that will not clean out the other side but maybe you can get the hose over to that side.

      I had my new cowl painted with epoxy primer top and bottom. I also painted the under cowl panel area to keep it protected in the future. I had painted it orange because I had thought about having the car that color, I changed it to black before the new cowl went on just in case I didn't end up going orange. Glad I did because now I'm wanting blue
      Steve,
      Thanks for the pictures and the info, fortunately my cowl is really in good shape and I'm just trying to figure out how to make paint it as nice-looking as yours with out removing the cowl.
      Thank you
      Pat

    19. #299
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      I test fitted the pedal assembly and had to weld over the original brake booster hole and cut a new hole in the firewall reinforcement mount. Also test fit the hydroboost and clutch master cylinder. I need to make the hydro boost and brake lines next.
      Thanks
      Pat


















    20. #300
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      sw Kansas
      Posts
      1,661
      Country Flag: United States
      Good progress!

    Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 65 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com