Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Results 101 to 120 of 139
    1. #101
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Posts
      95
      Great score. These cars are getting scarce. Most people think they're Hemi Cuda convertibles.

    2. #102
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      165
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for the atta'boys gents.

      Some cool action shots from the last autocross. (DAMN this thing needs some paint! :D )



      The CAM Challenge is coming up in a couple weeks. They require different numbers than the normal SCCA events. Luckily, my Stepmonster has access to some pretty cool sticker makin' machines. So, while the car will still be 50 shades of grey for the big national event, at least it'll have some cool racecar inspired steekers.


      My "new to me" GT bumper was missing the Ford emblem up front. So instead of ebay'n one, I had my Stepmonster make up something more appropriate for this turd. This is the second "Pile of a Mustang" in my group of racing buddies. Since its a clever way to label the car #2 and liken it to poop at the same time, its been labled "Deuce". This'll be in place of the Ford emblem up front for a while.

      CAM-T Autocross Fox Mustang
      LX mustang autocross on the "cheap"...
      1953 PickEmUp
      1953 Chev Pickemup

    3. #103
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      1,557
      Country Flag: United States
      That first picture is badass!


      Ridetech Suspsension
      Tech Specialist
      Phone: 812.481.4734

      Project Fox
      1979 Trans Am

    4. #104
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      165
      Country Flag: United States
      So, I had plenty of other things I should have been doing... but I had received the "93 Cobra" style bumper extensions from Cervinis, and couldn't stand knowing that they were in a box.


      Due to the fenders being pulled and the fiberglass flares, these were not at all a direct fit. I had to take a cutoff wheel to these BRAND NEW bumper extensions, and I can honestly say I was more reluctant to make the first cut than I was when I cut the rear quarter panels. (ridiculous I know.)


      Surgery required to fit the extensions.


      The official point when I couldn't stand how many colors I was seeing on this poor turd. The bolts visible on the bumper extensions were necessary because of how the pieces needed to twist. They come from Cervini's with adhesive tape that was not going to cut it. I'll look at doing some more tidy options for finial mounting, but the less than tidy bolts will at least keep me moving.


      When I called it quits for the night, I was down to 3 colors on the car... 4 if you count the rust!
      CAM-T Autocross Fox Mustang
      LX mustang autocross on the "cheap"...
      1953 PickEmUp
      1953 Chev Pickemup

    5. #105
      Join Date
      Sep 2016
      Posts
      147
      I just read theough the whole thread. Awesome job. It makes me want to get a fox now,

    6. #106
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Posts
      171
      Country Flag: United States
      I regret selling my 89 LX all the time. I had it when I was 16, 5.0, gt-40 intake, and a vortech supercharger...loved that car. If I were to do it again I would find a notch back...

    7. #107
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      165
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Dalpilot View Post
      I just read theough the whole thread. Awesome job. It makes me want to get a fox now,
      You don't have to want. I'd trade you for that beautiful mustang in your avatar pic right this second. And thanks for the attaboys!

      Quote Originally Posted by wyattroa View Post
      I regret selling my 89 LX all the time. I had it when I was 16, 5.0, gt-40 intake, and a vortech supercharger...loved that car. If I were to do it again I would find a notch back...
      Thats a whole lot of car for a 16yr old. My best buddy in high school had a 89 convertible 5.0 as his first car. I can think of a couple times off hand that I almost died in it.

      Poser pic (really cool to me since this is exactly what I pictured when I thought, " fox mustang autocross " from the start.) from a little rainy day shake down run before CAM Challenge:


      All "mandatory" stickered up for the 2017 CAM Challenge West. (ok ok... and a couple that I thought were bitchin.)





      The event was awesome. Fun course was plenty fast. I think there were 28 drivers in CAM-T alone. AWESOME turnout. I was running well even. I was well into the top 10 in class most the weekend. I was feeling pretty damn proud of my little beater.




      Naturally, this self-esteem high could not last long. I got paired up against Mary Pozzi in the second round of brackets for the "Challenge". I was excited... but apparently my car was not. I was about 1/3 of the way through my run, feeling great when the car dropped the drivers side lower A-arm up front. An adjustable clevis on the two piece arm broke. Skewered the tire, and took a bite out of my fender and flare. BUMMER.


      So, i'll be revisiting the adjustment in the arm. I'm going to look into replacing the clevis with something more robust, Pics of that whole operation to follow. I'll have a look about for a junkyard fender... so it looks like we'll be adding one more color.
      CAM-T Autocross Fox Mustang
      LX mustang autocross on the "cheap"...
      1953 PickEmUp
      1953 Chev Pickemup

    8. #108
      Join Date
      Sep 2016
      Posts
      40
      Damn, that's no bueno! Looking good though


      What wheels are those?

    9. #109
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      1,557
      Country Flag: United States
      Dang man. I bet that was a nice surprise when it happened! If you were closer I have a fender that you could have!


      Ridetech Suspsension
      Tech Specialist
      Phone: 812.481.4734

      Project Fox
      1979 Trans Am

    10. #110
      Join Date
      Nov 2016
      Location
      Sulphur, La
      Posts
      613
      The lowers on my Bart's Works were not adjustable. I wonder which version is the later one.



    11. #111
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Location
      H-Town, TX
      Posts
      356
      Country Flag: United States
      That sucks- this car was really coming together

      - - - Updated - - -

      Hope you can find another or fix the flare as they really give the car attitude

    12. #112
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      165
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Merritt5 View Post
      Damn, that's no bueno! Looking good though
      What wheels are those?
      It was definitely a less than bitchin' way to end the weekend. The wheels are just cheepo' XXR 531's. 18x11 on all 4.

      Quote Originally Posted by Josh@ridetech View Post
      Dang man. I bet that was a nice surprise when it happened! If you were closer I have a fender that you could have!
      Thanks Josh. It was a "OH @#$%!!!" moment for sure. I have a fender actually, and I think the flare will be fixable. If I lived closer do you have a set of adjustable resivior coilovers laying around too?

      Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
      The lowers on my Bart's Works were not adjustable. I wonder which version is the later one.
      The SLA I have has "HP Motorsports" markings on it. I believe this version was the last offered, when Bart Spivey was working with Paul Brown. (that said i'm not 100%sure?) The adjustment is a cool feature. I like the option of manipulating the wheelbase slightly, and the easier caster adjustment. I think my current plan is to replace all the hardware and put it back together as designed, just freshened up. I'll definitely keep a close eye on the clevis with each race.

      Quote Originally Posted by 1965gp View Post
      That sucks- this car was really coming together

      - - - Updated - - -

      Hope you can find another or fix the flare as they really give the car attitude
      Thanks for the kind words. I'm actually glad it happened now. I would have been 10x more bummed if I had spent all the time blending flares for this to happen! I was already considering making molds of the finished flares to create one piece fiberglass fenders and quarter panels. Its making even more sense to do so now.

      Lateapexphoto.com posted some pretty damn cool action shots. (none of the car eating itself unfortunately!)



      CAM-T Autocross Fox Mustang
      LX mustang autocross on the "cheap"...
      1953 PickEmUp
      1953 Chev Pickemup

    13. #113
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      165
      Country Flag: United States
      More than a month later... have not TOUCHED the poor thing. I did get some goodies in the mail a few days ago.

      Some of FK's finest heims, and the most beefy clevis joints I could find. I was hoping for 4130, but could not find them anywhere. These clevis joints are at least bigger than what I broke.



      Hoping to be racing again June 4... cross your fingers for me.
      CAM-T Autocross Fox Mustang
      LX mustang autocross on the "cheap"...
      1953 PickEmUp
      1953 Chev Pickemup

    14. #114
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Posts
      118
      Country Flag: United States
      Bummer on the fender and broken parts. That fender looks like it would straighten out pretty easily if you took it off of the car. The car is looking great!
      Eddie

    15. #115
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      DFW, Texas
      Posts
      220
      Country Flag: United States
      Love this shot!


    16. #116
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      1,557
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by LERM View Post


      Thanks Josh. It was a "OH @#$%!!!" moment for sure. I have a fender actually, and I think the flare will be fixable. If I lived closer do you have a set of adjustable resivior coilovers laying around too?
      ]
      lol, I can't say that I do... but I know a place that does!!


      Ridetech Suspsension
      Tech Specialist
      Phone: 812.481.4734

      Project Fox
      1979 Trans Am

    17. #117
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      165
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
      Love this shot!

      ME TOO! Looks tough as could be.

      Quote Originally Posted by Josh@ridetech View Post
      lol, I can't say that I do... but I know a place that does!!
      Worth a try! :D

      I finally got the car back together and made it out for some racing... and was rewarded with my first win! 1st place in class out of 15 cars! I think its heading in the right direction. I'll be getting back to pecking at the body/paint idea next as long as this thing stays raceable.

      CAM-T Autocross Fox Mustang
      LX mustang autocross on the "cheap"...
      1953 PickEmUp
      1953 Chev Pickemup

    18. #118
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      165
      Country Flag: United States
      I went to unload the car from the trailer after racing to find a puddle. I've had a slowly worsening leak from the timing chain cover that I had been putting off. It was more of a "wetness" than a leak, and well... its not fun to wrench when its not making anything faster or cooler looking.

      The puddle was enough. Don't wanna be "that guy" who's car leaks everywhere...


      I'm going to do some more clean up while i'm in here. Install some mechanical autometers that I scored a few weeks back. Maybe i'll even paint up what I can reach and add some fancy pants stainless hardware?
      CAM-T Autocross Fox Mustang
      LX mustang autocross on the "cheap"...
      1953 PickEmUp
      1953 Chev Pickemup

    19. #119
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Posts
      1
      My friend shared your build thread with me today, and i was very impressed with what you've done! Had to create a login for it so i can continue to follow. Have a few more questions though about your SLA, where did you find it? and who sold them originally?

    20. #120
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      165
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by horse_play_22 View Post
      My friend shared your build thread with me today, and i was very impressed with what you've done! Had to create a login for it so i can continue to follow. Have a few more questions though about your SLA, where did you find it? and who sold them originally?
      Thanks for the kind words. I found my SLA on a "mustang roadracers" Facebook page. (It kinda found me, I wasn't a member of the page at the time. A friend sent me the link)

      This is the "as I understand It" version, so don't take it as gospel. The system was originally designed by Bart Spivey. Later on the design was sold to HP Motorsports /Paul Brown who made some changes to optimize it for their American Iron efforts. The version I have is the later version. The kits are no longer produced or supported, but I did get a chance to talk to Bart Spivey personally about set up etc. Great guy.

      I got lucky price wise and paid less for this hub to hub system with tube K member and all than I would have paid for MM coilovers alone.

      If I hadn't stumbled onto this, I'd no doubt have done the MM coilovers
      CAM-T Autocross Fox Mustang
      LX mustang autocross on the "cheap"...
      1953 PickEmUp
      1953 Chev Pickemup

    Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com