Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 12 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 62 ... LastLast
    Results 221 to 240 of 1589
    1. #221
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Ca
      Posts
      134
      Country Flag: United States
      The transmission mount looks great. I am curious what it weighs? Doesn't matter but curious. The tunnel looks very OE which is always a favorite concept.

      Thanks

    2. #222
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by MichaelUser View Post
      The transmission mount looks great. I am curious what it weighs? Doesn't matter but curious. The tunnel looks very OE which is always a favorite concept.

      Thanks
      Great question! The new aluminum cross member is 5.9 lbs and the parts I cut off or not using from the original cross member combined for 11.6 lbs. Another 5.7 lbs off the toral
      Thank you!
      Pat

    3. #223
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Ca
      Posts
      134
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by keepat View Post
      Great question! The new aluminum cross member is 5.9 lbs and the parts I cut off or not using from the original cross member combined for 11.6 lbs. Another 5.7 lbs off the toral
      Thank you!
      Pat
      Colin Chapman said it best: Simplify and then add lightness...

      Great job, Keep up the great work.

    4. #224
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      North Platte,NE
      Posts
      876
      Country Flag: United States
      Aluminum is awesome, just wish I had a TIG.

    5. #225
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      A few pictures of the new cross member installed with the transmission.
      Thanks
      Pat












    6. #226
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      It looks good in there. What size exhaust are you using?
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    7. #227
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      3" TTI exhaust pipes with original looking tail pipe. not sure about the mufflers yet.
      Thanks
      Pat

    8. #228
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      I made a shifter cover with a similar shape as an original 4 speed cover using a wood block and a press. This will cover will be removable for shifter access.
      Thanks
      Pat




























    9. #229
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Location
      Austin, Tx.
      Posts
      1,539
      Country Flag: United States
      GREAT build!!!

      Fantastic fabrication skills!!
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

    10. #230
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 454bug View Post
      GREAT build!!!

      Fantastic fabrication skills!!
      I'm with Ray, Awesome job!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    11. #231
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Location
      Cedar Rapids, IA
      Posts
      999
      Just flew through the whole thread. What an amazing build. You make it look easy.

      Some times I'm fast sometimes I'm half-fast


    12. #232
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Posts
      167
      Pat - I like the shifter set up! With the carpet and the boot only a few people will notice it is moved over a few inches. Very nice. Are you going to put a seal around the edge and make it removable for shifter access?

      The tunnel was made on mine to fit the T56 Magnum. Since my car was a console car I decided to make the console work. Moved it a few inches back. Picked a shift handle and the cue ball shifter knob to make it look period correct.

      Name:  DSC07046.jpg
Views: 3446
Size:  281.1 KB

    13. #233
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      I'm with Ray, Awesome job!
      Thank you gentlemen!
      Pat

    14. #234
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by rohrt View Post
      Just flew through the whole thread. What an amazing build. You make it look easy.
      Thanks, I enjoy the work and the picture do make it look easy ;-)
      Pat

    15. #235
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68Cuda440 View Post
      Pat - I like the shifter set up! With the carpet and the boot only a few people will notice it is moved over a few inches. Very nice. Are you going to put a seal around the edge and make it removable for shifter access?

      The tunnel was made on mine to fit the T56 Magnum. Since my car was a console car I decided to make the console work. Moved it a few inches back. Picked a shift handle and the cue ball shifter knob to make it look period correct.

      Name:  DSC07046.jpg
Views: 3446
Size:  281.1 KB
      Yes I'm planing on using a foam gasket and screwing the cover on as to make working on the shifter easy! Yours looks great!
      Thank you!
      Pat

    16. #236
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Dude...

      You have amazing fabrication skills. Nice work. I really enjoy this thread.

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    17. #237
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Dude...

      You have amazing fabrication skills. Nice work. I really enjoy this thread.

      Andrew
      Thank you sir!

    18. #238
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      This is the shifter that came with the T56 and I would like to find an original 1968 T handle shifter that I can modified the T handle to trigger a relay for the reverse lockout on the new trans. If anyone has one or knows where to get one please let me know. I’ll check at Carlisle in a few weeks.
      Thanks
      Pat












    19. #239
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Location
      Lethbridge, AB
      Posts
      177
      Country Flag: Canada
      I'm loving the tranny tunnnel and trans cross member brace, awesome!!!!
      Build Thread!!!https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?88692-1971-Speedipus-Rex&p=925864&posted=1#post925864

    20. #240
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by dangina View Post
      I'm loving the tranny tunnnel and trans cross member brace, awesome!!!!
      Thank you!

    Page 12 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 62 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com