Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast
    Results 141 to 160 of 902

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      640
      Country Flag: United States
      Oops. The pictures aren't loading right now for some reason.



      Fixed it.


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      640
      Country Flag: United States


      I have all the components for the sound system. A little early but I hate to wait for parts when I do need them. The head unit is a navigation unit from Pioneer and appears to have all the bells and whistles my new cars have including a backup camera. Should be a decent sounding system.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      640
      Country Flag: United States
      I have had a bit of a delay in my build. The guy that was doing the metal work on my car left the company and moved to another place down the road. :( They have been working on the hood this past month repairing areas around the hinge mount and attaching a hood scoop. The rear fender arches have been tack welded but still need completed.

      I was talking with the shop owner yesterday and it looks like there is another year of work to do on the car. Just about every panel is having pretty significant modifications done to it and that takes time. I am a little frustrated since there hasn't been too much done in the past year. I can see this extending another 2 years. I need to evaluate options to make this project progress a little faster. I think I will take the car home and do some of the work myself.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      453
      Country Flag: Australia
      Don't lose heart. It is an awesome project. Making something as unique as this takes time but will be worth it.
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      640
      Country Flag: United States

      1968 Volvo project Pure Volvocity

      I had a conversation with my body guy last week about wanting to take the car to another shop so it will progress at a faster pace. He asked for anther chance and has really picked up the pace. He finished the hood and has the new buckets for the tail lights built and ready to mold in. I am really pleased with the progress he is making now.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      McKinney, TX
      Posts
      1,623
      Country Flag: United States
      What tail lights are those?
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      640
      Country Flag: United States
      They are from the first generation Lotus Eclipse. Aftermarket LED versions I picked up from http://www.eliseparts.com/.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      McKinney, TX
      Posts
      1,623
      Country Flag: United States

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      640
      Country Flag: United States
      Those are the ones. The S2 lights have a larger diameter.

      Are you thinking about them for a project or curious?

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      McKinney, TX
      Posts
      1,623
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      Those are the ones. The S2 lights have a larger diameter.

      Are you thinking about them for a project or curious?
      Sort of both, I'm not sure they would "work" on a Mustang though. And they're a little pricey
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      640
      Country Flag: United States

      1968 Volvo project Pure Volvocity


      The light turned out terrific! I couldn't be more pleased with the results. It is almost identical to the VOX rendering except the inside light is slightly smaller on the rendering.

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Southern Idaho
      Posts
      54
      Country Flag: United States
      I think your 'equal' sized tail lights look much better than the rendering! They remind me of a Ferrari. ...or a Lotus. lol

      Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post

      The light turned out terrific! I couldn't be more pleased with the results. It is almost identical to the VOX rendering except the inside light is slightly smaller on the rendering.

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      640
      Country Flag: United States

      1968 Volvo project Pure Volvocity

      Here is a picture of the rendering.


    14. #14
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      453
      Country Flag: Australia
      Looks better than the rendering!
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      12
      Country Flag: Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by Godbolt View Post
      Looks better than the rendering!
      Agreed!

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      640
      Country Flag: United States
      I have been making progress on the suspension modifications. I changed the springs to PAC Racing Springs but 1" shorter to allow for more ride height adjustment. The orange color isn't my favorite but they will work.

      I changed out my lower control arms for a newer version that has additional reinforcements. They were provided to my by Mad Volvo who too over the production and sales for Sweedish Ops. They are really nice and the finish was a perfect match. ?

      I also installed the front splined away bar. That took a little planning since the sway bar bushing has quite a bit larger spacing between the bolts. I mounted the bushing to a piece of flat stock with a nut welded to the cack side of the steel where the back hole is attached. The front hole is mounted where the factory mount is bolted to. For the back mounting point I used an existing factory hole and installed a Rivnut.. This way I can go back to a factory bar style setup it if I want.

      The arms for the sway bar was kind of fun. I ended up buying some pretty nice end links from Total Control Products that utilize heim joints and are rebuildable. The have a stud that comes off at a 90* angle that attaches to the arms. I had to cut the arms down and then tap them to accept the studs. Looks really clean and should work great. I still need to shorten or buy shorter bolts for the suspension crossmember mount. It looks like they may rub on the arm if I don't.



      I also moved the upper link bar mounting pint to the inside of the frame rail. I picked up some brackets from Mad Volvo Performance. I had to cut some of the floor under the rear seat and still need to make that look pretty. I also picked up a revised upper shock bar that adjusts the shocks to a slightly different position and is less bulky than the original Sweedish Ops design.


      I still need to mount the rear end back in the car but it is getting close to done with the suspension for now. I do plan on getting rid of the QA1 shocks for a set of JRI's. I am not sure if I will go with triple adjustable a or stick to singles. One last item, My wider wheels should be done this week. Once I get them mounted I will give the car back to the body shop so they can work their magic.

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      640
      Country Flag: United States

      1968 Volvo project Pure Volvocity

      Here are a couple pictures of the rear suspension bar and brackets installed. And welded in place. The entire piece is removable for service if needed. Now it needs a little paint!



      Darreld
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Location
      DC
      Posts
      39
      Country Flag: United States
      Great project and I can't wait to see the outcome. Those taillights are really nice and for a moment there I was wondering what they'd look like on my Mustang...

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Posts
      151
      Country Flag: United States
      nice done so far

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      SW KS
      Posts
      162
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking good!

    Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com