Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 437

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Garland, Tx
      Posts
      533
      Country Flag: United States

      66 El Camino - Project CaMEANo

      Started looking for a '67 but found this '66 instead. Picked her up about a 6 weeks ago, a pretty complete car. 327/powerglide, factory A/C, power steering. It ran but smoked, died in gear, and had zero interior. Appears a tree had fallen on it and really messed up the driver's fender, smashed the windshield and hammered the cowl in. It must not have gotten covered after that, because water soaked the dash pad and rotted out the top of the dash. All repairable though! They did replace the hood but it's rotted out up front. I've since acquired a perfect pair of front fenders and a hood to swap out.









      It is to be my daily driver. Front fender and quarter emblems will be shaved, handles will stay though. The original plan was white, but I think I'm going to go back with the original Sandalwood tan metallic. Interior will be black.

      I've got a slightly warmed over 350 ready to drop in, and a th350 auto for now. I'd love a stick but it will have to wait. The th350 will drop in place of the powerglide easily.

      Will be using the stock control arms for now. I'm kicking myself for selling a set of Global West uppers with loaded Camaro spindles I had on my Cutlass. Never get rid of anything! But a set of poly bushings, offset upper shafts, 1.5" drop springs, 2" dropped spindles and 12" discs from CPP are on the way. KYB shocks and a 1.25" anti-sway bar are coming as well. The rear will get dropped springs, and I'm boxing a set of factory control arms for it. Eventually I'd like to add a DSE sway bar kit and some discs.

      Cowl repair...




      Dash repair...














      Now that the cowl and dash are fixed, floorboards are next. The front clip is coming off soon, will yank the engine and trans. Hopefully the new front end parts will get here in a timely manner, should all go back together pretty easily (famous last words!).





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com