Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 93 of 112 FirstFirst ... 43 83 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 103 ... LastLast
    Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2412

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Woodbine, MD
      Posts
      2,770
      Country Flag: United States
      I like the black...I have a think for satin black.

      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

      "Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Roanoke (FortWorth) Texas
      Posts
      786
      I didnt like the idea at first but I like the stripes. But Im not sure white is the right color for it. How about you carry the fabricated/machined look into the stripes with satin gunmetal (like the wheels) or brushed silver like the ridetech Velocity Camaro stripes. It'll work well with the wheels, splitter, and interior panels.
      Chris

      Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      compton IL
      Posts
      159
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by GrabberGT View Post
      I didnt like the idea at first but I like the stripes. But Im not sure white is the right color for it. How about you carry the fabricated/machined look into the stripes with satin gunmetal (like the wheels) or brushed silver like the ridetech Velocity Camaro stripes. It'll work well with the wheels, splitter, and interior panels.
      +1 with the silver stripes or match them with the wheel color. that would look sick !

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Got the rear straightened and back in, with the gear change, and Wavetrac installed. Took it out for a cruise, after running the Detroit, and the 3.18 gears, this such an improvement. No more cracking and banging, and at 40 mph, I matted it and damn near lost it. I can't believe how finicky that engine is, if you don't keep it in its happy power band its a bit of a turd, but when its in its happy place its a complete handful.
      Ron Schwarz

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Lombard, IL
      Posts
      545
      Country Flag: United States
      +2 on the satin gunmetal. But I almost hate to try to give Ron guidance since everthing he's done on this car is so "right on"!
      Dan
      1971 Chevelle Maliboo Convertible 496/4L80E
      1956 210 2 door Sedan 8-71 blown 468/T400

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Nor Cal
      Posts
      2,196
      Country Flag: United States
      Ron, I am thinking just the opposite... ditching my *******ized white Mustang stripes and going with flat black. lol

      For yours, I think it'll look tits either way.... it's tough to leave things alone... and appears tougher than average for you. Ha.
      1968 Camaro widebody project
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
      Ron, I am thinking just the opposite... ditching my *******ized white Mustang stripes and going with flat black. lol

      For yours, I think it'll look tits either way.... it's tough to leave things alone... and appears tougher than average for you. Ha.
      I need to consentrate on fine tuning, and stop all this major changing. I only really get to beat on the thing 3 or 4 times a year, and everytime I do its a new car, and I need to learn to drive all over again, usually with no practice. Some changes were improvements, and some were a total fail, like the 3.18 gears. I guess the only way to find out is to try different things. I think I'll stick with the 3.89's and just practice driving it, and fine tune the shocks etc.

      As far as the stripes go, the more I look at it, the more I like it the way it is. When the windsheild got knocked out, I painted the cowl blue, thinking I would try this stripe thing. I will probably put blue on the hood when I paint it just to see, but in the end I see the flat black ending up where it started.
      Ron Schwarz

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      6
      Country Flag: Portugal
      This build is awesome, great fab work man.

      Please build me a factory width splitter like yours for my 66 coupe project

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Posts
      318
      Country Flag: United States
      +3 on the satin gunmetal. match the rims. also add side shelby stripes.

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      Didn't you place very well at Carolina motorsports park? Was that with the 3.18's? I thought that track was very challenging on street tires but seemed like you did great. I will say I thought your car was broke at one point when you pulled under the garage because that differential was banging and clunking like crazy, glad to here you ditched that!!
      Justin Snow

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Kershaw is kind of different then any track I've been on. Gearing played no part of that equation, I was spinning though 50% of the course. Hate to say that gave me some bad input,once I hit a track where I needed some bight (due to the traffic) the 3.18's dogged the the engine too bad. The power ban that my cam likes leaves me a small widow for gearing.

      I've always made up for my lack of road course experience with raw horsepower, take away my horsepower, and I suck. There is no substitute for experience, and beating on the car a couple times a year when your running with the likes of Danny, Kyle, and Brian ain't makin it. Really need to do more track days in Jersey I guess.
      Ron Schwarz

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Starting to peck away at some of the stupid stuff, that has always bugged me. Trying not to go to SEMA with a car that is so rough around the edges (literally). Ford was kind of odd on the fastbacks, in that they allowed rain water to enter the quarter vents, draining into a rain gutter, down a tube, and through a drain hole in the rocker panel. Of course all that was rotted off of this car, so when it rained it just ran into the car. When there was no windows it didn't matter, but now that the car is pretty tight I figured I'd fix it.

      Fabbed up some new rain gutters out of aluminum, installed the drain tube, and installed a drains in the rocker panel. I started to make some aluminum panels to cover all that up, all that little stuff is a PITA, but it is becoming a real car.





      Ron Schwarz

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Posts
      50
      Wow, I'm very impressed with this car! You do fantastic work!!

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Location
      STUDIO CITY, CA
      Posts
      139
      Country Flag: United States
      Ron.... Big fan of this build. Saying that I would like to weigh in on this stripe and look debate. Keep it in the spirit of the build... smart, rough,and mean...keep it the way its is with the black hood! get a couple of smart @ss bumper stickers (like "eat my stang" or something) and just lay waste to people of the tracks and autcrosses. Big props T

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      New Hampshire
      Posts
      85
      Country Flag: United States
      If you go with the stripes I think you need to black out the headlight and grill area to keep the bad ass look going, like the new stangs. Incredible build by the by. Gives me some confidence to go do my own wide body on my second gen camaro.

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Lodi, California
      Posts
      3
      Country Flag: United States

      $5000 budget Mustang

      Would you consider coming to the west coast? Like maybe an autoX event? It'd be sick to see that car in real life! When/where is the optima street challenge?

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Roanoke (FortWorth) Texas
      Posts
      786
      Is that a fan attached to your brake cooling hoses?

      Name:  DSC00518-L.jpg
Views: 4507
Size:  104.4 KB
      Chris

      Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      795
      Look on page 97. Hoses with fan goes to diff cooler mounted right there.

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Roanoke (FortWorth) Texas
      Posts
      786
      Thanks. Havent seen on a fan like that one.
      Chris

      Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Posts
      318
      Country Flag: United States
      looks like the exhaust fan from my boat and jet ski, used them to get the gas vapors out before starting the engine.

    Page 93 of 112 FirstFirst ... 43 83 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 103 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com