Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 90 of 112 FirstFirst ... 40 80 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 100 ... LastLast
    Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2412

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Yeah that was a wild storm with no windows or wipers.

      It looks like I can make it to RTTOS, hoping to roll in Fri. evening.

      Ron Schwarz


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Woodstock, Ga
      Posts
      695
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Yeah that was a wild storm with no windows or wipers.

      It looks like I can make it to RTTOS, hoping to roll in Fri. evening.
      Cool, glad to hear. It's going to be a great time!

      Robert

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Finishing up a few things that have been an issue for a while. Under extreme braking, and cornering, the oil from the dry sump tank would slosh up into the oil vent lines, filling the vent tank, then puke out the breather on to the headers. Couldn't find anything that would work, so in true $5000 Budget Mustang fashion, I cut up an old GM air conditioning drier, shaped it into a surge tank with multiple baffles, and fittings. Worked out pretty well, its always nice when you can put the fittings right where you want them. I powder coated it wrinkle black to match the vent tank.









      Ron Schwarz

    4. #4
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Posts
      228
      1965th post. Just sayin.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Posts
      228
      I mean, 1966th. But this is 1967th. I screwed that up.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      5
      Country Flag: United States
      I saw Ron and the mustang for the first time in person. The pictures just don't do this car justice. After reading all about your car it was nice to see it and meet you. Thanks for letting me check out those seats.
      Matt

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Good meeting you Matt, that was a nice cruise up there, I'm glad my buddy Mike talked me into it.
      Ron Schwarz

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      193
      Country Flag: United States
      Ron S,

      Man you do some awesome work. Just read through this entire thread over the weekend and have to say that this IS hot rodding. The drive to make better parts, your ingenuity, fabrication...Its all way above the level that most guys consider a hot rod. I would like to congratule you on the overall look and performance of your ride and want to say that you've inspired me to snatch the body off my car and start a Street/Racecar myself. Thanks for going all out and showing what can be done in our hobby by dedication and perserverance.
      Asa Walker
      Houston, TX

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Location
      Katy, Tx
      Posts
      309
      Country Flag: United States
      This is such a great build thread...

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      2,996
      Country Flag: United States
      I like the work that you did with the rear end cooler. Nice work.


      1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      795
      A little birdie told me it was blazing fast at RTOS and a completely different car from the changes that were made. Drifting at 110 mph...the man has big balls

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      193
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Payton King View Post
      A little birdie told me it was blazing fast at RTOS and a completely different car from the changes that were made. Drifting at 110 mph...the man has big balls
      I'd like to see that.
      Asa Walker
      Houston, TX

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Huntington Beach, CA
      Posts
      2,420
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Payton King View Post
      A little birdie told me it was blazing fast at RTOS and a completely different car from the changes that were made. Drifting at 110 mph...the man has big balls
      Ok spill the beans I want to hear about this! Even better if there is video or photos to embellish the story with!
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

      Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Payton King View Post
      A little birdie told me it was blazing fast at RTOS and a completely different car from the changes that were made. Drifting at 110 mph...the man has big balls
      It was a fun weekend, I so have to get a GoPro. When I came off the track, someone asked if I was a dirt track driver. I was following Kyle Tuckers lead, saw him sideways in front of me most of the day. As tight as the car used to be, I can't beleive its the same car. Honestly, I was having so much fun roasting the tires at speed, I'm sure it slowed me down some. I do hope somebody got some good video. We need to get an official video guy for the series.
      Ron Schwarz

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      It was a fun weekend, I so have to get a GoPro. When I came off the track, someone asked if I was a dirt track driver. I was following Kyle Tuckers lead, saw him sideways in front of me most of the day. As tight as the car used to be, I can't beleive its the same car. Honestly, I was having so much fun roasting the tires at speed, I'm sure it slowed me down some. I do hope somebody got some good video. We need to get an official video guy for the series.
      I agree about needing an official video guy. I'm no drifter, but damn if I didnt find myself hangin the back end out everywhere! I can only imagine you guys with 100-200-300 more horsepower than me!!
      Justin Snow

    16. #16
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      213
      Country Flag: Canada
      I hope you mean you'd like to see the drifting......

      This is a great thread, has pretty much made me decide to build a 69 Camaro like this for the track after I finish my street car.

      Keith

    17. #17
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Posts
      301
      Country Flag: France
      Working on the 100's page! Still bluffed, even though the budget might be slightly off, this car is amazing and the quarter and fenders should be duplicated for others to have fun too! (Hint, hint!)

      Good Jon Ron!
      1972 Nova " Hotwhilz Special"

      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...t&goto=newpost Under the knife!

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      193
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by keithq69 View Post
      I hope you mean you'd like to see the drifting......

      This is a great thread, has pretty much made me decide to build a 69 Camaro like this for the track after I finish my street car.

      Keith
      Canadians and their humor...of course I meant the driving.
      Asa Walker
      Houston, TX

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryville, TN
      Posts
      844
      I like the window upgrades. I was just thinking the other day that when you get tired of this car and sell it to me, I'd be putting some sort of interior in it. I guess if we put that off long enough... you may do it for me.

      Dan
      A.K.A: That bald guy
      Find me on Facebook or my personal website.

      - 67 Camaro: Current Project Car

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Kyle was saying after about 4 laps the tires went away, so you needed to come in to let them cool down. He was right, the car became a hand full once the tires went away. The set up was so new in the car I wanted to see how it would act, and how predictable it would be. Early in the day spun the car once, while Kyle was chasing me, I got all excited, and rolled on the throttle too hard in the turn, total driver error. I know it was the track, but I have never drifted anything like that at speed, it was a hoot. I know the sliding slows you down, and in the future I need to get more serious, but that was a crazy fun weekend.
      Ron Schwarz

    Page 90 of 112 FirstFirst ... 40 80 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 100 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com