Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Results 81 to 100 of 244
    1. #81
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      Name:  New Frame inside weld.jpg
Views: 10862
Size:  268.8 KBName:  New Frame boxing rear.jpg
Views: 10837
Size:  234.7 KB
      Justin Snow

    2. #82
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      Name:  New frame top corner.jpg
Views: 7837
Size:  55.5 KB
      Justin Snow

    3. #83
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      London, Ontario
      Posts
      294
      Amazing build!

      73 Maverick Grabber Project

      My never ending project:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...hlight=grabber

    4. #84
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Location
      Eden, WI
      Posts
      97
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by GNon18s View Post
      Name:  New frame top corner.jpg
Views: 7837
Size:  55.5 KB
      Nice fab work and build.

    5. #85
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Lawler, IA
      Posts
      569
      Country Flag: United States
      Pretty envious of your talent. I went the easy way and did the Schwartz Performance route. Great build.w

    6. #86
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      Quote Originally Posted by howehot View Post
      Pretty envious of your talent. I went the easy way and did the Schwartz Performance route. Great build.w
      Thanks for the compliment. From what I have seen on your chassis it is a winner.
      Justin Snow

    7. #87
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      Last edited by andrewb70; 04-11-2013 at 07:49 AM.
      Justin Snow

    8. #88
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      Last edited by andrewb70; 04-11-2013 at 07:48 AM.
      Justin Snow

    9. #89
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      Well, I changed my mind about 10 times on which rear axle to go with but I finally decided on a Moser 12-bolt with 33 spline axles, Detroit Trutrac, and 3.42 gear. I almost bought a Currie 9" but I wasnt impressed with their sales/tech people when I called them. Currie acted like I was bugging them when I called with a few questions. Moser on the other hand, was very helpful and seemed to know exactly what I was asking for in every way. Plus the 12 bolt just looks right in a GM.
      Justin Snow

    10. #90
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      I did some very basic mock-up with some of the new rear suspension. Upper control arms bolt rite in like factory but nothing is there for the lower arms yet. I will need to build the lower control arms and frame mounts. Also my new DSE sway bar is hitting the new frame rails so I need to do some brain storming there.
      Justin Snow

    11. #91
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Location
      Buffalo NY
      Posts
      259
      Country Flag: United States
      All i can say is WOW....that is awesome!

      Dave "Big Nasty" B

    12. #92
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Stillwater Oklahoma
      Posts
      183
      Love the build! GN's have always been a favorite of mine. Might be worth making a call to Moser to make sure they didn't send you the housing that has the raised upper control arm mounts. Not positive they offer that for G-bodies but I know they do for A-bodies. The raised mounts help for drag racing but are not good for handling.

    13. #93
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      Quote Originally Posted by pist0lpete View Post
      Love the build! GN's have always been a favorite of mine. Might be worth making a call to Moser to make sure they didn't send you the housing that has the raised upper control arm mounts. Not positive they offer that for G-bodies but I know they do for A-bodies. The raised mounts help for drag racing but are not good for handling.
      They never mentioned an option for raised upper mounts. Now that you mention it I have seen an A-body 12 bolt with really high mounting points but I dont think mine are that high. I thought about making a few different adjustment settings where the upper arms bolt into the frame by making three different hole positions.
      Justin Snow

    14. #94
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      I spent a full day building new lower control arm mount for the frame. Again, I just went off the stock design and just tried to beef them up a bit.Name:  LCA mount hand.jpg
Views: 5941
Size:  54.7 KBName:  LCA all 4.jpg
Views: 5915
Size:  57.3 KB

      Justin Snow


    15. #95
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      I made them with a little access hole in the bottom to fit a wrench. This way I dont have to drill through the side of the frame and use long extensions like the factory did.
      Justin Snow

    16. #96
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      Here's a comparison of the factory welds on the control arm brackets I cut off compared with the new welds on the brackets I just made. ..Shame on you GM!!
      Justin Snow

    17. #97
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Independence,IA
      Posts
      68
      Country Flag: United States
      Thats the problem with Robots, they don't care.

    18. #98
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Location
      Delaware/MD
      Posts
      14
      Awsome work, looks great! just curious what are you using to cut all the steel plate.

    19. #99
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      I use a plasma cutter most of the time (Hypertherm powermax 30). I usually have to fine tune everything with an aggressive sanding disk on a 4.5" angle grinder. Its dirty but it gets the job done.
      Justin Snow

    20. #100
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Location
      Casey,il
      Posts
      11
      Country Flag: United States

      Garage built Buick....GN

      Nice work

    Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com