Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast
    Results 901 to 920 of 949
    1. #901
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      Don't think of them as OCD issues, think of them as OCD skills. Outstanding work.
      Thank you so much I really appreciate the kind words
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    2. #902
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      A little bit of everything (02-05-22 )

      A couple weeks ago I was reading one of the new magazines that are still in print and low and behold they shared a picture of
      how Holley wants you to plumb the tank vent.

      Now if I could actually figure out the part number for the fuel tank filler neck.


      Name:  20220131224645-83bf7eab-me.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  89.0 KB


      Since I am still using the factory Dimmer switch I ordered the all black version of this one.


      Name:  20220131224647-541ce669-me.jpg
Views: 895
Size:  90.1 KB


      It is finally time to bring the Anvil Carbon Inner fenders down from my Attic Office and yes the kitchen table is the perfect place to put them.


      Name:  20220219172318-6c22cb3a-me.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  114.2 KB


      I needed to increase the gap in between the Holley Tank and the floor. So I used the Eastwood Sound deadening to increase the space just a little bit.


      Name:  20220219172320-df877728-me.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  91.9 KB


      It's a good thing these trunk floors are so amenable.


      Name:  20220219172322-effaabec-me.jpg
Views: 890
Size:  113.1 KB


      Name:  20220219172324-48ba75bc-me.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  123.1 KB


      Hopefully this will be the last time the radiator goes in the car.

      Name:  20220219172329-3b354874-me.jpg
Views: 850
Size:  119.4 KB


      So I forgot to flush the radiator so off to the spray wash to flush it out. I should mention it was only 6 degree's out and thankfully the spray
      wash uses hot water. This of course made this a very tolerable.


      Name:  20220219172332-93e5d0a4-me.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  96.8 KB


      I decided to lay the Anvil radiator cover on and it looks really nice. I will have to re-clear the radiator close out panel as it has yellowed.


      Name:  20220219172335-d57c7b9f-me.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  174.1 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    3. #903
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Anvil Carbon Inner Fenders Going in for the last time. ( 02-06-22 )

      Just ONE DAY later and the inner fenders are off the kitchen table.


      Name:  20220219172338-575edb1a-me.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  159.3 KB

      I placed the towel on the frame to protect the Powder Coating as they only sit about a 1/4' above the frame. I am going
      to address this later by trimming some off the inner fender.


      Name:  20220219172341-768fecb3-me.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  166.8 KB


      In order to install the passenger side the Billet battery Tray will have to be removed.


      Name:  20220219172343-ed6370f3-me.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  112.5 KB


      Name:  20220219172349-5822f758-me.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  139.0 KB


      I wanted to add a larger fender washer however I didn't have the correct size so I had to drill out the washer. This was my Grandfathers
      and I remember using it in his garage when I was a kid. My buddy Ben was kind enough to build me a rolling tool cart and he made a very
      cool removable mount.


      Name:  20220219172346-db502603-me.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  91.5 KB


      Name:  20220219172355-faa71b1c-me.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  153.4 KB


      Yes, The blue tape is back.


      Name:  20220219172358-2fe922da-me.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  164.2 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    4. #904
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Posts
      25
      Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      Yes, The blue tape is back.

      Name:  20220219172358-2fe922da-me.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  164.2 KB
      Hopefully, not for long.

    5. #905
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Holley Tanks Vent Hose Clamps ( 02-06-22 )

      When we mocked up the hoses on the Holley Tank I didn't install line clamps. I picked up a few line clamps from Napa and headed out to the garage.


      Name:  20220219172400-88e54707-me.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  103.0 KB


      I really like easy projects.


      Name:  20220219172404-3021b376-me.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  138.8 KB


      So do you guys think I should put some sort of foam to close out this area ?


      Name:  20220219172411-0259e900-me.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  99.3 KB


      Moving on to the final fan wiring.


      Name:  20220219172418-80d34569-me.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  133.1 KB


      Yep, It came back out as I needed to install a bolt & line clamp.


      Name:  20220219172420-0e37d15a-me.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  96.5 KB


      Name:  20220219172426-f8cd8831-me.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  147.4 KB


      I am still trying to decide if I am going to paint this thing or not.


      Name:  20220223185011-c9faccc2-me.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  143.6 KB


      Name:  20220223185014-5116d43d-me.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  143.2 KB


      The line clamp routes the wires safely and securely under the core support.


      Name:  20220223185016-679e6121-me.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  87.7 KB


      Name:  20220223185019-ffdba043-me.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  165.0 KB


      So I used one of the setting on the iPhone to take this picture. It make it look like my 1 Car stall is 20 feet wide.


      Name:  20220223185022-f24bedf0-me.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  145.4 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    6. #906
      Join Date
      Jul 2018
      Posts
      440
      amazing work

    7. #907
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
      amazing work
      Thank you very much
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    8. #908
      Join Date
      Jan 2020
      Location
      ORLANDO
      Posts
      25
      Country Flag: United States
      What is the deal with the hard line brackets / clamps you used for your fuel line? what are these, and where did you get them?

    9. #909
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      It's coming together nice! I wish I could say I was as organized as you, but I'm like a squirrel that berries his food and forgets where he put most of it.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    10. #910
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      839
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking like some great progress Marty.
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

    11. #911
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Smitham32803 View Post
      What is the deal with the hard line brackets / clamps you used for your fuel line? what are these, and where did you get them?
      They are line clamps from Notchead and they have them for Hardline and softline.

      https://www.notchead.com/store/p39/N...ne_Clamps.html

      Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      It's coming together nice! I wish I could say I was as organized as you, but I'm like a squirrel that berries his food and forgets where he put most of it.
      Ask anyone that knows me I am so organized that I actually am in the same boat and I forget where I put stuff.


      Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
      Looking like some great progress Marty.
      Jason
      Thank you Jason

      - - - Updated - - -
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    12. #912
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Battery Ground Redo ( 02-12-22 )

      Today's project need to be simple as I had a short window to go work on the car.


      Name:  20220219172454-381cfc1c-me.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  141.9 KB


      Name:  20220219172500-d093f1cd-me.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  121.8 KB


      Name:  20220219172503-d08a9758-me.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  117.7 KB


      Man was this stuff hard to find


      Name:  20220219172505-8097dd1b-me.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  34.3 KB


      I know it's shocking but I finally have a picture of me working on my car.


      Name:  20220219172511-74886b7d-me.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  136.7 KB


      Mike brought over his crimping tool which made the job go much easier as I didn't have to remove the wire.


      Name:  20220219172514-d4449fd5-me.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  117.1 KB


      I really want to buy one of these.


      Name:  20220219172516-a7ef1556-me.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  98.2 KB


      Name:  20220219172519-f5f90189-me.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  112.5 KB

      Name:  20220219172521-7df7a597-me.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  86.7 KB



      Name:  20220219172524-3990b6bb-me.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  75.8 KB


      Wire Routing


      Name:  20220219172530-23c3a2a7-me.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  91.7 KB


      Name:  20220219172531-2a5c94f9-me.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  137.1 KB


      Name:  20220219172535-3e9d08dd-me.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  96.4 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    13. #913
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Posts
      1,239
      Country Flag: United States
      Man looking good... the CF looks awesome...

    14. #914
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
      Man looking good... the CF looks awesome...
      Thank you Kevin and thankfully I bought all of the carbon stuff during the first build as with two girls in college that would not be in the budget.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    15. #915
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      DSE Top Post Battery Terminals ( 02-13-22 )

      So I have finally decided that I am going to use the DSE battery Terminals as they are the nicest looking and I just like them.

      Name:  20220219172540-251487dc-me.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  119.7 KB

      Name:  20220219172541-2851e487-me.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  99.2 KB

      Name:  20220219172543-da7838be-me.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  100.5 KB

      Now that I have made my final decision I can complete the wires that are going to the battery terminals.

      Name:  20220219172545-5480b29f-me.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  111.7 KB

      Fan Relay wires all wrapped & labeled in Tech Flex wire wrap.

      Name:  20220219172547-1399bbd7-me.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  123.9 KB

      Playing with the wire routing to see if I like it.

      Name:  20220219172550-a7195d48-me.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  87.4 KB

      Trimming the weld stud.

      Name:  20220219172552-b6b5f36a-me.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  125.3 KB

      Name:  20220219172555-76d1a8d9-me.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  139.4 KB

      Hard to tell in this picture but if you look closely you can see I added a line clamp to secure the wire behind the battery tray.

      Name:  20220219172558-b1df1ee4-me.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  77.9 KB

      The fan relay trigger runs under the battery tray and I will connect it to the Holley ECU wires that are running on top of the inner fender.

      Name:  20220219172605-a09e6a83-me.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  149.6 KB

      I am also looking at options for the Vintage Air Coolant & AC Line.

      Name:  20220219172605-a09e6a83-me.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  149.6 KB

      Need a break from the car so I ran over to the Eastwood store and picked up some Flexible strip caulk that I am going to use on the back of the Bolt On DSE Firewall closeout panel.

      Name:  20220219172608-a59bae83-me.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  110.7 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    16. #916
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Posts
      982
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks pretty good.

      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile


    17. #917
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      Looks pretty good.
      Thank You I am sure having fun.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    18. #918
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Shiftworks Shifter Cable & Detent thingy ( 02-17-22 )

      I needed a simple project as I didn't have much time to work on the car. So I decided I would install the shifter cable and the Detent piece.


      Name:  20220219172612-3a5f85f0-me.png
Views: 486
Size:  302.5 KB


      Name:  20220219173052-f127abcf-me.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  139.5 KB


      Name:  20220219173056-dd00f2ab-me.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  94.7 KB


      Name:  20220219173106-c47d7d9c-me.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  131.0 KB


      Name:  20220219173110-46ec866a-me.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  96.3 KB


      Name:  20220219173115-5c59035e-me.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  132.2 KB


      Name:  20220219173118-7690fe3b-me.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  113.8 KB


      Name:  20220219173128-3b039143-me.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  79.1 KB


      The 30'' cable seems very long. I am going call them to see if they have a 27" or 28" cable as I think the shorter cable will work better.


      Name:  20220219173137-33c6673b-me.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  82.8 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    19. #919
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Plugging away at all the little things ( 03-03-22 )

      Man are these hard to find and I have five Autoparts stores within four miles of my house and the good news is I finally
      found them at Autozone. I needed one for the radiator and one for the over flow tank. I like these as I can attach a 3/8's hose
      so I can control where the coolant goes if I have to drain the radiator or overflow tank.




      Name:  20220319115111-062059c9-me.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  112.8 KB


      Of course I couldn't get the old one out so a quick trip to my buddy Ben's house and the job of getting the old one out has begun.




      Name:  20220319115119-848c6012-me.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  152.6 KB




      Name:  20220319115120-0b25b875-me.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  131.2 KB




      Name:  20220319115124-fdbea4c5-me.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  105.6 KB




      A couple wraps of "Oatey FASTape" to prevent the fitting from getting stuck again.



      Name:  20220319115128-ea936dca-me.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  64.0 KB



      Another Quick trip to Ace Hardware for some small hardware and of course I need some animal crackers



      Name:  20220319115131-e77930ff-me.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  82.3 KB


      Name:  20220319115134-be97c0c8-me.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  123.2 KB


      Name:  20220319115137-f9895f6f-me.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  133.8 KB




      Yes, another quick note.




      Name:  20220319115141-e7368be1-me.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  95.3 KB




      I use the "Pushnut" bolt retainers to hold the bolt to the tank which makes installing the tank much easier. I also installed
      a layer of cork on the tank bracket to protect the paint on the core support.




      Name:  20220319115142-43ab977a-me.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  74.0 KB


      Name:  20220319115145-6c3a021c-me.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  118.6 KB


      Name:  20220319115150-4518b7ba-me.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  126.0 KB




      Has anyone use one of these as I might try this so I can bleed the brakes by myself ?




      Name:  20220319115113-79039560-me.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  105.5 KB


      Name:  20220319115116-9c4edece-me.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  116.3 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    20. #920
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Posts
      721
      I’ve used a similar tool to bleed brakes and clutch. Only difference I see is my tool had a vacuum gauge on it so I could actually see how much psi I was pulling. I also bought a fitting that went on the power steering reservoir cap so I vacuum bled the power steering system as well. Not that I needed to?? The thing that bothered me when bleeding brakes is that none of the fittings fit tight enough over the bleeder nut on the calipers but then again maybe I was pulling too much vacuum (15psi) so I would always get air bubble rushing in. After bleeding 3 bottles of brake fluid I just called it good. Tried the brakes and they felt great. Drove the car around the block a few times and they felt great. Never felt spongy, same with clutch.

    Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com