Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Results 21 to 40 of 122
    1. #21
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Seattle WA
      Posts
      288
      Country Flag: United States
      What makes you think those holes are from the factory? Maybe someone added something like a scoop? God only knows with a 50 year old car. Looking good!
      1967 El Camino 408ci LSx....and the build begins!
      1967 Turbocharged 408ci LSx Chevelle - 1012 rwhp, 959 rwtq 67 Chevelle
      2009 Supercharged Silverado - On the Dyno

    2. #22
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
      What makes you think those holes are from the factory? Maybe someone added something like a scoop? God only knows with a 50 year old car. Looking good!
      Precision stamped holes...never been a screw in them, never been disturbed.

    3. #23
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Seattle WA
      Posts
      288
      Country Flag: United States
      Think it was hit with some putty and painted over from the factory? Weird.
      1967 El Camino 408ci LSx....and the build begins!
      1967 Turbocharged 408ci LSx Chevelle - 1012 rwhp, 959 rwtq 67 Chevelle
      2009 Supercharged Silverado - On the Dyno

    4. #24
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      There was nothing on the underside of the hood where the holes are...it was only when I was scraping the insulation glue off that I uncovered them. This vehicle has been painted before so I'm not the only one to have seen them. If someone had a vision off adding some kind of hood scoop in the past it would have been a doozy...about 24" across lol. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it...just hard to imagine these holes being made after the fact.

    5. #25
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      Slowly making progress...



      I may have located a donor dash to repair the hacked radio opening in mine...that piece is on hold for the moment. I may get some color on this beast sometime this month if all goes well. I've narrowed the color selections to three so far...White, Cement Gray or Ceramic Blue.


      Last edited by HandOverFist; 01-02-2016 at 04:24 PM. Reason: fubar

    6. #26
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      Ran across a color this evening that just riveted my attention like no other has...2016 Corvette Shark Gray Metallic.



      I just don't know if I should attempt this metallic on my own or if I'm capable. Gawd, it is gorgeous!

      Edit: I'm committed now...have a new Devilbiss gun on the way. Wish me luck as I will certainly need it!

    7. #27
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      Excuse the crappy pic's...taken with an old flip phone late at night thru a show room window.






    8. #28
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      McKinney, TX
      Posts
      1,623
      Country Flag: United States
      That blue one next to it though!
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

    9. #29
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      Amazing how tough it is to pick a color...... Nice work.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    10. #30
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      I was talked out of the metallic paint for various reasons and likely a good decision. Left the paint store with Chrysler Ceramic Blue...the first image is the actual color, my camera being unable to catch the true color in the booth.


















    11. #31
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Location
      Boise , Idaho
      Posts
      320
      Country Flag: United States
      Can't wait to see it in the daylight . I hear you on the paint booth from hell , we primered my El Camino in a one car garage with no ventilation . The overspray was everywhere and it reduced visibility to the point you could barely see the car . I am still cleaning overspray out of spots I didn't want it .

    12. #32
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm going to leave it in the "hell hut" while I finish the remainder of the parts. After some cure time I'll reassemble the car and get some decent pictures.

    13. #33
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Posts
      10
      Country Flag: United States
      Good luck , I am watching u to see where I need to go with my 67 el co , love my el co s

    14. #34
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      Weekend plans for painting the remainder of parts is on hold due to recent snowfall. There is snow/ice on the roof in the rear portion of the shop...as I bring the room up to temp it begins raining inside from the melt. Forecast for next Saturday looks promising with sunny skies and temps around 60 degrees.






    15. #35
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Location
      Boise , Idaho
      Posts
      320
      Country Flag: United States
      When my buddy painted his FJ55 we had to keep going out into the shop and keep the wood stove stoked to keep the temperatures over 58 degrees so the paint would cure . Nothing like getting up at 3 in the morning to run out and stoke the fire again . It was 13 degrees outside so we were definitely fighting an uphill battle . The good news is that the weather will eventually cooperate



    16. #36
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Paraman1 View Post
      When my buddy painted his FJ55 we had to keep going out into the shop and keep the wood stove stoked to keep the temperatures over 58 degrees so the paint would cure . Nothing like getting up at 3 in the morning to run out and stoke the fire again . It was 13 degrees outside so we were definitely fighting an uphill battle . The good news is that the weather will eventually cooperate
      Yeah, the front portion of the shop is insulated and has a wood stove as well, but it is so large and the ceiling so high that the stove doesnt have much impact in the back. The back shop has no insulation whatsoever and the blower heater does well to maintain 60 degrees in this cold weather. Had it not been for the dripping water I would have given it a stab today. I fully expect to block sand the entire vehicle when it's finally reassembled...from there it will go to a real paint booth and a real painter to be slicked off.

    17. #37
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States

    18. #38
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      Tm I will bust apart the front-end to paint the subframe/cowl in preparation for assembly. When all parts are back on the vehicle it will be going to a proper paint booth.

    19. #39
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Rockvale TN
      Posts
      402
      Country Flag: United States
      The front-end was nastier than I initially thought...spent the entire afternoon scaping/cleaning. I did manage to get it sprayed this evening just before closing the doors to the shop. Tubular a-arms and ridetech springs are on the way...still no decision on the front disc brakes.


    20. #40
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks like you're making great progress! Nice!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com