Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 45 ... LastLast
    Results 681 to 700 of 949
    1. #681
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Panel Bonding the Access Door (( 10-25-20 ))

      Time to put the Access panel in for the last time. I applied panel bond on the floor and screwed the panel in for the last time.

      Name:  20201116175225-c9ef6db3-me.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  72.2 KB



      Name:  20201116175222-5d880a18-me.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  138.0 KB

      Applied some paint & primer in one on the bare metal area's

      Name:  20201116175226-934c69b9-me.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  83.5 KB

      Name:  20201116175229-9213ac23-me.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  89.1 KB

      At some point I will clean off all of the finger prints.

      Name:  20201116175231-872fc438-me.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  82.9 KB

      Name:  20201116175234-04438341-me.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  125.8 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech


    2. #682
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      4l60e - 700R4 Case Compare (( 10-27-20 ))

      When we built version 1.0 of the car it had a 700R4. Version 2.0 is getting 4L60e built by Atomic Transmission in Villa Park, IL. What I have learned is that the mounting position on the tailshaft is further back and the top of the case is a little fatter. Which means there is a a whole lot less room on the sides for you to reach up and install the wiring and tighten the coolant line fittings.

      Name:  20201116175237-7cb4f404-me.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  206.5 KB

      For now the empty 700r4 case is going back in as I can't seem to find one. You can see I had to drill new holes in the G-Force Crossmember for the 4L60e which are currently hidden under the tape.

      Name:  20201116175241-95ad946e-me.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  113.2 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    3. #683
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      5th Gen Edelbrock Shorty Headers (( 10-31-20 ))

      So Mike called me to ask what I was doing and I told him I was about to install the headers in the car and that I would call him back in 5 minutes. Every step of the way on this build I wanted to make a car that was easy to work on and fun to drive. Since I a very content with 468hp I didn't see a need for long tube headers and a 3" exhaust. So we took a set of Edelbrock shorty headers and the guys at High Speed Welding made a down tube to connect to the exhaust.

      Name:  20201116175308-7351a0e1-me.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  117.8 KB

      Name:  20201116175310-7545604c-me.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  125.5 KB

      Name:  20201116175313-d028bedf-me.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  122.5 KB

      Name:  20201116175316-e3c6c422-me.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  130.0 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    4. #684
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Holley PFT Fuel Line (( 10-31-20 ))

      After talking with the guys at Holley I decided that I was going to skip making hard lines and just run soft lines front to rear. The benefit is there would only be two possible places it could leak and it would take a lot less time to run.

      I started at the Filter/Regulator and plan to run up and over to the rear frame rail and use the OE mounting points for the line.

      Name:  20201116175319-69996996-me.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  62.1 KB


      Name:  20201116175321-cdbb98df-me.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  154.2 KB


      Name:  20201116175324-069baeca-me.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  84.3 KB


      Name:  20201116175326-2adbba31-me.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  80.8 KB


      Name:  20201116175326-2adbba31-me.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  80.8 KB


      Name:  20201116175328-1f46dda7-me.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  108.0 KB


      Name:  20201116175329-e178b38e-me.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  82.9 KB


      In order to keep the line above the frame I took advantage of this slot and ran the line through it.


      Name:  20201116175331-68454247-me.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  92.9 KB


      I am also ordering some aviation wrap from Tech to put around the fuel line as it passes through this area.


      Name:  20201228093420-35f781ff-me.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  89.4 KB


      Name:  20201116175333-ed305ac2-me.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  86.1 KB


      Thankfully I have a nice right hand drill attachment as this prevented me from going to Ace Hardware and buying a new tool. Darn !!!


      Name:  20201116175337-ea31b130-me.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  96.4 KB


      Name:  20201116175343-1beb4814-me.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  73.0 KB


      Name:  20201116175345-909bc60b-me.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  111.3 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    5. #685
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Assembling the Holley Sniper Sheet Metal Intake (( 11-02-20 ))

      The car is progressing nicely and it's time to address the one issue I have with the Holley Intake. I've been working with the guys at Holley and I explained to them the Fuel Log connecting the rails in the front is way to short. It's so tight that it actually bends the rails in when I try to install the Throttle Body.


      Name:  20201116175351-0e51a789-me.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  102.2 KB


      Name:  20201116175353-c717afc5-me.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  108.9 KB


      Name:  20201116175402-ab20275f-me.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  93.9 KB


      Name:  20201116175404-e261b264-me.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  91.8 KB

      So I am going to plan "B" and ordering up a few more fitting and going to use the Black PFT line and I will add 1.5" to the length of the line so it fits neatly under the throttle body.

      Name:  20201116175421-0df53f89-me.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  132.9 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    6. #686
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Why is this bracket so darn Ugly (( 11-02-20 ))

      So I have the Holley Throttle Bracket and it has got to be the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

      Hideous would be the word that comes to mind.

      Name:  20201116175428-9ef07277-me.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  108.9 KB

      Dear Lord this thing sticks up so high it could possible hit the hood.

      Name:  20201116175430-934ebe8d-me.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  97.8 KB

      Summit Racing an I have become good friends.

      Name:  20201116175435-d162674c-me.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  129.0 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    7. #687
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Coolant Hoses by Kenny Davis (( 11-08-20 ))

      I ordered up some new hoses to connect the metal coolant hose that Kenny built.

      I borrowed the red connection hose from my buddy Ben and I liked how nice it fit and looked.


      Name:  20201116175439-b667725f-me.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  106.6 KB


      Knowing that the hose I borrowed worked and looked nice I ordered up some in black.


      Name:  20201116175441-01a7be02-me.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  135.9 KB


      Name:  20201116175443-45a4493a-me.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  130.0 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    8. #688
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Trans Coolant Lines (( 11-08-20 ))

      Today I am going to try to figure out a good way to run the transmission coolant lines. I started at the
      radiator using the lines Kenny bent as they look great and work perfect. I will most likely change the blue fittings
      to black so it blends in with the engine bay.


      Name:  20201116175502-6036b032-me.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  111.2 KB


      Name:  20201116175504-7ce56c0c-me.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  104.3 KB


      Once again I pulled out the clear tubbing and layed it out the way I suspect it will go.


      Name:  20201116175509-7a149b99-me.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  135.6 KB


      Name:  20201116175519-37b3e533-me.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  94.0 KB


      Name:  20201116175521-77ce236a-me.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  106.7 KB


      Name:  20201116175522-6317a480-me.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  95.8 KB


      There is a lot going on here.

      Fuel line, Vintage Air Drain & of course the Trans Coolant Lines which will have DEI heat wrap installed near the headers downpipe.


      Name:  20201116175526-5e3761f9-me.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  96.6 KB


      You can see the green rope as I use that to estimate the length of hose I will need.


      Name:  20201116175529-5e005905-me.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  109.5 KB


      Name:  20201116175531-1e1711b2-me.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  115.2 KB


      Name:  20201116175533-515f0ae1-me.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  218.2 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    9. #689
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Throttle Cable Bracket (( 11-12-20 ))

      As previously stated I have no love for the Holley Throttle Cable bracket as it's just fugly looking and there has to be a better solution.


      Name:  20201116175428-9ef07277-me.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  108.9 KB


      Name:  20201116175430-934ebe8d-me.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  97.8 KB


      Attempt # 1 - Unfortunately the cable alignment was off a little bit


      Name:  20201116175653-856da09e-me.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  91.9 KB


      Attempt # 2 - At least I was a little closer


      Name:  20201116175656-4a62746a-me.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  140.2 KB


      Name:  20201116175658-069e35bd-me.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  82.4 KB


      Name:  20201116175700-a75018e2-me.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  106.9 KB


      Attempt #3 - Looks like I am ready to make a Prototype


      Name:  20201116175702-a0dd80f1-me.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  119.8 KB


      Name:  20201116175704-baf41ef0-me.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  115.4 KB


      Name:  20201116175707-4d9fc5f7-me.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  90.7 KB


      Name:  20201116175709-9bf92e51-me.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  94.6 KB


      Off to High Speed Welding to make a prototype out of Aluminum.


      Name:  20201116175837-bd69540e-me.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  104.9 KB


      Name:  20201116175839-2181ae26-me.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  83.7 KB


      Name:  20201116175842-164d8ff9-me.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  78.9 KB


      Name:  20201116175844-c853cac8-me.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  89.3 KB


      Alignment is spot on.


      Name:  20201116175846-ee2fff60-me.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  88.8 KB


      Since I am a mountain biker and I build bikes I grabbed an old school brake cable and mocked up a throttle cable so I could make sure the gas pedal would open the throttle blades completely.


      Name:  20201116175848-ecc79d38-me.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  103.6 KB


      Name:  20201116175856-92f8d9c8-me.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  104.2 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    10. #690
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      My OCD is killing me (( 11-12-20 ))

      Yes, I am aware I have a problem and after I finish this car I will seek therapy.


      Racetronix sell black anodized adel clamps and I had to have them even though now one will every notice them.


      Name:  20201116175717-6b2f6e28-me.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  113.7 KB


      They also sell a very nice aluminum -6 line clamps.


      Name:  20201116175719-1dfc7439-me.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  103.3 KB


      I also picked up some Knotchead -6 soft line clamps.


      Name:  20201116175738-028a61e1-me.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  95.0 KB


      Name:  20201116175733-38d5e3ac-me.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  98.9 KB


      Name:  20201116175736-1930dc72-me.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  75.4 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    11. #691
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice job on the throttle bracket. It's all looking great.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    12. #692
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Nice job on the throttle bracket. It's all looking great.
      Thank you and I still need to tweak it a little bit.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    13. #693
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Not going to lie it's been 20 years since I have bent lines (( 11-15-20 )

      So it has been years since I made brake lines and I figured what the heck I have nothing but time so why not give it a shot. I decided I
      was going to make the mock up line in the 3 pieces and then come back and attempt to make the line in one piece.

      So out comes the trusty metal coat hangers and I made my first pattern.


      Name:  20201116175757-7af7b423-me.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  69.3 KB


      Then the next


      Name:  20201116175759-ef5db7b8-me.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  74.9 KB


      and finally I made the complete pattern.


      Name:  20201116175802-307f9153-me.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  75.8 KB


      Here goes nothing !


      Name:  20201116175805-7cacd916-me.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  81.7 KB


      Name:  20201116175808-da815fb2-me.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  91.3 KB


      Name:  20201116175813-c44690e1-me.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  92.2 KB


      Hard to believe my first attempt went so well.


      Name:  20201116175822-f615a2ec-me.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  113.5 KB


      The final bends on the drivers side went well however I was way off on the passenger side.


      Name:  20201116175825-93953e19-me.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  87.3 KB


      Opps - oh well I will give it another shot in a couple days.


      Name:  20201116175828-eee1710e-me.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  108.5 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    14. #694
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      2nd Attempt at the brake lines (( 11-15-20 ))

      No one ever called me a quitter.


      I am going to skip most everything I did to get to this point.


      Name:  20201116180006-849a2243-me.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  134.2 KB


      Love this tool from Eastwood.


      Name:  20201116180014-444a3ea7-me.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  128.5 KB


      Looks like I will be doing it again as I miss-calculated where I needed to bend the lines so I straightened it and bent again so I could get closer on the next attempt.


      Name:  20201116180023-c67f2f8d-me.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  99.7 KB


      Thankfully brake lines are cheap.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    15. #695
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Don't ever call me a quitter (( 11-20-20 ))

      Here we go again.

      As you can see I was practicing the bends that each tool was able to do and making reference marks on each piece so I would have a much better chance of bending the lines exactly where & how I want them to turn out.


      Name:  20201219124711-309c0b53-me.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  156.1 KB


      More practice bends


      Name:  20201219124714-377c5563-me.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  91.5 KB


      Name:  20201219124717-3ca73c65-me.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  71.1 KB


      Name:  20201219124718-8de6cd5b-me.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  92.3 KB


      You can see the refence marks on the line.


      Name:  20201219124720-5062802a-me.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  100.7 KB


      I used the string to determine exactly how much brake line I will need to make the desired piece.


      Name:  20201219124743-f6662a75-me.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  103.3 KB


      Name:  20201219124746-96661fb8-me.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  85.7 KB


      Name:  20201219124749-47381341-me.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  105.1 KB


      Name:  20201219124752-6470272f-me.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  96.2 KB


      Name:  20201219124755-c0456e99-me.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  102.7 KB


      Name:  20201219124757-353af238-me.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  122.0 KB


      Name:  20201219124808-2d6d3dbf-me.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  96.2 KB


      Back to the Autoparts store.


      Name:  20201219124819-4a190087-me.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  106.5 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    16. #696
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Posts
      25
      Your attention to detail is amazing! Possibly unhealthy, but amazing!

    17. #697
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Toccoa View Post
      Your attention to detail is amazing! Possibly unhealthy, but amazing!

      Thank you and you might be right about it being unhealthy.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    18. #698
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Brake Lines Brake Lines Brake Lines (( 11-21-20 ))

      Picking up where I left off I need to connect both front calipers to the master and my goal was to keep is simple and fairly
      easy build. I plan to install a Knotchead line clamp under it to support it.


      Name:  20201219124827-4d09f1c4-me.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  94.2 KB


      Name:  20201219124831-6e777d45-me.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  98.4 KB


      Name:  20201219124833-6af5e9c7-me.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  80.2 KB


      Time to make the final line.

      Since I made reference marks on the practice line I used those to make the new line all in one piece and it turned out exactly how I wanted it.


      Name:  20201219125039-4df0b308-me.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  128.6 KB


      Yep, I kept practicing with the scrap pieces to help me learn where to line up the tools so I can get the desired bends.


      Name:  20201219124836-1e4b2047-me.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  163.2 KB


      So I was feeling a little bit ambitious and I gave it another crack on the crossover line on the subframe.


      Name:  20201219124848-f54c9daa-me.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  140.4 KB


      I needed an extra hand so I put the brake line bender in my Grandfathers Vice and wow was this a total game changer it was like having Mike in the garage helping me.


      Name:  20201219124944-f80e7394-me.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  152.8 KB


      Name:  20201219124935-d179c939-me.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  145.9 KB


      I just realized the sweatshirt that I am wearing in this picture was the last gift I received from my Grandmother before she died
      in 1989. It had moved with me many times over the years and I never wore it. A few years back I pulled it out and decided I would
      finally where it.


      Name:  20201219125016-7f86dbaf-me.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  138.0 KB


      Name:  20201219125019-2b5fd26e-me.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  136.6 KB


      Using the reference marks I made allowed me to duplicate the final line all in one piece. I also traced out the line with sting so I new exactly how much line was necessary. It would have sucked if I had started with a 60" line as this line turned out to be 62" in length.


      Name:  20201219125049-9da81bf1-me.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  152.6 KB


      Name:  20201219125042-a2f9d0d4-me.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  146.3 KB


      The final flare and yes the fitting is on !!!


      Name:  20201219125102-15472f4e-me.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  97.8 KB


      Name:  20201219125105-21bc1f5b-me.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  172.2 KB


      The tape makes the line not look centered but it is actually almost perfect.


      Name:  20201219125122-1452887e-me.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  118.0 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    19. #699
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Posts
      510
      Country Flag: United States
      Great job Mary!! My skills are so lacking I had to drop to copper nickel line and cheat.
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

    20. #700
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
      Great job Mary!! My skills are so lacking I had to drop to copper nickel line and cheat.
      I was considering the Copper-Nickel but had never used them before. Tell me you thought as I would love to know how it was using those lines.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 45 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com