Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
    Results 21 to 40 of 949

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Bring the Shell Home
      2012 01-10 Update - Bringing the shell home
      Posted: Jan 24, 2012 www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Good Afternoon all,

      Mario and the guys at US Collision did a great job on the shell and now it's my turn to get back to work on the car.









      Once again I can't thank Mario enough for letting me borrow is rotisserie.

      Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - A Little Touch Up

      2012 01-10 Update - A Little Touch Up
      Posted: Jan 25, 2012 www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Good Evening all,

      Now that the car is home and my little helpers are ready and willing to help. A few area's needed a little more primer so my oldest
      volunteered to spray a little more primer on the car. It's important to keep your kids involved in every thing that is how they learn.



      Daddy -- Not to worry Kenny can sand it out.



      While the car is on the rotisserie I sprayed all of the hidden area's of the frame rails with Eastwoods Rust Convertor.



      Final parting shot.

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      st. paul mn.
      Posts
      438
      Marty I hope everything is going well for you! I am glad you are deep into another project.maybe you should start getting your daughters advice as how they will want it done. because I am putting money on they will be old enough to drive when you finish it.LOL this time you might have to keep it long enough to enjoy the driving part of it!. keep up the good work but if the kids decide they want to build a custom bike do it! you will never regret it.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by E.rodz View Post
      Marty I hope everything is going well for you! I am glad you are deep into another project.maybe you should start getting your daughters advice as how they will want it done. because I am putting money on they will be old enough to drive when you finish it.LOL this time you might have to keep it long enough to enjoy the driving part of it!. keep up the good work but if the kids decide they want to build a custom bike do it! you will never regret it.
      okay I deserved that. Kenny & I both agree it's more fun to build them then it is to clean them.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Good Evening All,

      Now that the shell is ready for construction it's time to post up the build outline. The main purpose of this car is to be a Mountain Bike Hauler since Mountain Biking is my first love with Car shows being a close second. The goal is to combine my the two and have the ability to drive to all of the nearby Good Guys Show and then on the way home hit the nearby trails. With that being said the car has to be dual purpose built. It needs to have a good set of street tire and then have an extra set of tires for the Good Guys Events.

      Last year at Good Guys Columbus I fell in love with a very understated Mustang built by Pinkee's Hot Rods. If you pick up the last months issue of Popular Hot Rodding you can see the feature they did on the car. After reading that article I new I was heading in the right direction.

      We are going to try to stick with the Vintage Race Car Theme without being overstated since I want to be able to street drive the car and not get pulled over every time I drive the car. And then there is that Mountain Bike issue where are we going to put the bike. Let's just say that this is going to freak some of you out and others are going to think it's awesome.



      There are a couple other cars that has truly inspired me and this build. When the car heads to a track event I will print up some removable decals that will instantly make it look more like a Vintage TA race car. Kinda like this beast.



      I have looked at this car for at the last couple years and I just love the look. So this car will also lend some idea's to the build.



      another very clean build.



      As for modification - most of them will be simple. The car will be mostly bolt together with very reliable part and most importantly something that if I break down they won't leave me Stranded.

      Wheels & Tires
      18 x 10 Rear - Billet Specialties MagG Wheels www.billetspecialties.com
      BFG KDW2 - 295 40 18 www.bfgoodrichtires.com
      18 x 8 Front - Billet Specialties MagG Wheels
      BFG KDW2 - 255 40 18

      Chassis
      Ride Tech Coil Ride Suspension www.ridetech.com
      MuscleBar Swaybar
      Tie Rod Adjuster

      G-Brace w/Cowl Brace www.pro-touringf-body.com
      DSE Aluminum Body Bushings www.detroitspeed.com
      DSE Subframe Connectors

      Flaming River Steering Shaft www.flamingriver.com
      Flaming Rivers Steering Box

      Eaton Differential
      TA Cover www.summitracing.com

      Brakes
      DSE Brake Booster with reduced angle brackets
      Kore 3 C5/C6 Brakes www.kore3.com

      SS Brake Lines
      SS Braided Brake Hoses
      Quick Clips Line Clamps www.quickclips.org

      Engine & Transmission
      LS1 Short Block
      Wegner Serpentine Alt P-Side www.wegnerautomotive.com
      Edelbrock Motor Plates
      Energy Suspension Motor Plates

      Edelbrock Camshaft www.edelbrock.com
      Edelbrock Heads
      Edelbrock Intake
      Edelbrock Carb

      Edelbrock Shorty Headers
      Floor Heat Shields
      Edelbrock Stainless Exhaust Polished www.highspeedwelding.com

      Bowler 4L60e Transmission www.bowlertransmissions.com
      Bowler Billet Torque Convertor

      Cooling
      Afco Aluminum Radiator www.afcoracing.com
      Afco Fan closeout
      Vintage Air A/C Condensor www.vintageair.com

      fuel delivery
      Edelbrock fuel pump
      Edelbrock fuel pressure regulator
      Black Push lock Earls fittings

      Stock Fuel Tank www.goodmarkindustries.com
      SS Tank Straps

      SS Fuel Lines
      Quick Clips Line Clamps

      Electrical
      AAW Custom wire harness www.americanautowire.com
      Tech Flex Wire Wrap www.techflex.com
      Phantom Keyless Entry www.phantom-products.com

      No Frills Billet battery Front Mount Battery Tray www.hoodpins.net
      optima red top Battery

      DSE Wiper Motor
      DSE 7" High Density Lights

      Interior
      Autometer Guages www.autometer.com
      Anvil Carbon Fiber Dash www.anvilauto.com

      Vintage Air Factory Fit A/C www.vintageair.com

      GM Tilt Column www.gmtiltcolumn.com

      Precision Billet Brake Arm
      Precision Billet Brake Pedal
      Precision Billet Gas Pedals

      Ride Tech Cage Tiger Cage www.ridetech.com
      4 Point Restraints www.seatbeltplanet.com
      4 Point Restraints - Rear Seat

      Stock Door Panels
      Rear Kick Panel Widened

      Kenwood Head Unit
      Kicker 5 Channel Amplifier www.kicker.com
      Kicker 5 1/4" Round Speaker
      Kicker 6 x 9 Speaker
      Kicker 10" Subwoofer

      Stock Buckets Seats Re-Foamed by Recovery Room Interiors www.recoveryroomrodinteriors.com
      Stock Rear Seat Narrowed

      Paint & Body Details www.kdhotrods.com
      Anvil Closeout Panel www.anvil.com
      Custom Works Radiator Cover www.customworksproducts.com
      Ride Tech Fender Braces

      DSE A/C Closeout Panel

      Billet Kruzer Hood pins - black finish www.hoodpins.net
      Stock Hinges filled, drilled & plated
      No Frills Prop Rod

      No Frills Custom Bike Rack www.highspeedwelding.com

      Rocky Mounts www.rockymounts.com

      Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Installing the Ride Tech Air Bar
      2012 02-21 Update - Installing the Ride Tech Air Bar www.2ndchancecamaro.com


      Good Morning,

      Now the fun begins.

      The goal with this project is to teach people what I've learned from the last build. The main purpose is to keep people from losing there project because of poor planning. Planning isn't just writing down what you want the end product to look like it's actually being honest with yourself and making sure you have the time, money and the resources to actually build your dream car.

      The plan is to show the option/cost you can do just for the rear suspension.
      1. Leaf Springs Similar to Hotchkis
      a. Benefits of keeping your leaf springs is cost is minimal and the car isn't going to be out of service.
      b. Most backyard mechanics can do this swap in there garage or even a driveway.
      c. Easy exhaust routing ( keeps your costs down when running exhaust )
      d. There is a good chance you are going to be able to find an aftermarket exhaust or even use your existing exhaust

      2. Diagonal 4-Bar Similar to Ride Tech
      a. Benefit of this set up is cost isn't much more then leaf springs and is very adjustable.
      b. There is minimal welding that can be done by any experienced welder.
      c. Custom exhaust is a necessity

      3. Weld in 4-Link Similar to DSE
      a. Cost is more then a Diagonal 4-Bar
      b. Your going to need a shop or have a good deal of Fabrication skills
      c. Very adjustable
      d. Custom exhaust is a necessity

      So for this project I choose to go with the Ride Tech Air-Bar Set up using the single Adjustable Coilovers. I can do most of the preliminary work in my garage and haul it over the High Speed Welding and have Jr. set the Pinion angle and weld the brackets on the Axle.

      Here is the Ride-Tech Bracket mocked up on the car the drivers side was a perfect fit. The passenger side needs a little adjusting to make it work.




      After I located the bracket on the frame rails I held it in place with a good set of clamps. After that all I had to do was drill a few holes in the floor and the upper bracket was in place.



      Here is a close up of how the bracket hit the floor on the passenger side. Since all of these cars are slightly different you can't expect them to fit perfectly. It's funny I was talking with Ron and his passenger side fit perfect and the drivers side was just a little off.




      Once the car arrives at High Speed Welding they will flattened the bracket so it would line up with the floor. Very simple fix.

      So be honest with yourself if the car your working is you only car then you should go the leaf spring route. If you don't have to worry about the car being down for a couple days then step up to the Ride Tech suspension.

      More to come later this week.

      Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Mocking up the Subframe
      2012 03-04 Update - Mocking up the Subframe
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Good Evening,

      Since the goal with this car is to use as many bolt-on's as possible and limit the custom fabrication which can drive the build cost up and sometimes spirals projects out of control. If you have an unlimited budget and money is no object then you don't have to worry about it. However, most projects are built on a very strict budget these days, this one included. I learned a lot building Syborg and let me tell you there are plenty of places I could have and should have saved money. One of the reason I picked a Camaro is there are plenty of parts available and also a very wise man that will only go by the name "Bob" once said to me when you build something make sure there will be plenty of buyers when it's complete. Remember, you may not have any intentions of selling your project but no one knows what the future holds. So when you looking to build something stay true to your goals which should include a realistic budget of time, money and skill.

      With the sub-frame back in the garage it was time to assemble all of these bolt-on parts. I also felt that it is important to involve my daughters and some of our friends kids.



      Installing the custom G-Force crossmember was fairly easy with the subframe out of the car.



      You can see my little helper putting the bolts in for the engine stands. I think she was having more fun then me.



      and this picture proves it.



      I think she did a great job



      Our neighbors son happened to be over so I figured I would let him bolt in the G-Force Crossmember.



      He did such a great job installing the crossmember I figured I would let him install the Edelbrock headers. In a previous post I think I mentioned that these are for a 2010 Camaro. With a little modification they will work perfect and we will be able to tuck them up nice and high so they are not visible when you look under the car. This part is another example of an off the shelf header that will require minor modification which will keep the overall build cost down.




      More to come later this week.

      Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Rear Axle Prep

      2012 03-22 Update - Rear Axle Prep
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com


      Good Morning all,

      It's time to get the rear suspension on the car so I can get it off Mario's Rotissorie. The Rear suspension is a pretty straight forward install.



      My oldest daughter figured I was hungry so she made me lunch. Now that is a good kid!



      Since the upper link bar brackets needs to be welded to the axle I wanted to make sure the Powder Coating wouldn't get damaged on the
      upper bars. Time to take stock in the 3m Blue Painters Tape.



      Lower Bar installed



      I just like this picture.



      I needed to get the rear differential in the trailer so my daughter Kenzie and I installed the rear tires so she could roll the rear differential into the trailer.




      and yes she did it all by herself. Man is this little girl strong.



      In the trailer and heading over to High Speed Welding so they can weld on the rear differential brackets.



      Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Installing the Ride Tech Rear Brackets

      2012 03-26 Update - Installing the Ride Tech Rear Brackets
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Good Evening all,

      While the car was at High Speed Welding the guy's flattened the passenger side bracket to match this cars
      floor pan. Very simple tweak that had to be done. Even though these parts are meant to be bolt-on some-times
      they require a little work to fit better.



      After some discussion Dennis at High Speed Welding felt it was important to retain the hardware supplied
      by Ride-Tech and to weld the brackets to the stock subframe to help distribute the load on the stock frame rails.










      More to come later this week.

      Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - BBT Fab New Front Spoiler & Rocker Extensions
      2012 03-28 Update - BBT Fab New Front Spoiler & Rocker Extensions
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Good Morning all,

      I dropped the car off on Friday the 16th at BBT Fab in Champaign, IL www.bbtfab.com with Troy for a couple modifications. After seeing the work that he has been doing on the 69 Firebird I wanted him to make similar rocker extensions for my car.

      Yesterday Troy posted a few pictures of the Camaro. It's starting to take shape and once the car is back on the ground I am sure it will look even "more better" <--- my daughters favorite two words.

      Firewall Modification
      The guys removed some of the unnecessary holes and put blind nuts in the firewall for the DSE Close Out Panel.

      Image Missing - Add

      Rocker Extensions
      The goal was to hide the pinch weld with little to no cost. In the past most builders spend hours extending the rockers
      and it doesn't always look right. BBT Fab solution is very simple and clean and it's something that you will be able to buy
      very soon for the 69 Camaro, 69 Firebird and Early 2nd Gen Camaro. The benefit of these rocker extension is that it will
      make the car look much lower then it actually is and that is a good thing since the roads in the Chicagoland Area are treacherous









      Moving on to the front Spoiler
      I gave Troy a very crude picture of what I was looking for and told him to have at it and here is what he came up with. With
      the spoiler split in the front I will still be able to get a floor jack under the nose of the car and I won't have to worry about
      every curb that I encounter.







      If there is enough interest I will look into getting molds made of the Front Spoiler so Troy can sell them.

      Since we have a couple more weeks before Kenny picks up the car the guys at BBT Fab are going to start repairing
      some of the original sheet metal. Less for Kenny to do



      Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      St. Louis, MO
      Posts
      193
      Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post


      If there is enough interest I will look into getting molds made of the Front Spoiler so Troy can sell them.
      I would be interested. I too have been toying with ideas but like this option.

      Tim
      Tim
      1972 Camaro

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by MoonMan View Post
      I would be interested. I too have been toying with ideas but like this option.

      Tim
      Hi Tim,

      I saw the car in person on Saturday and the front end looks great. When it comes home in two week I will taking the spoiler to the Fiberglass shop to have molds made.

      At this point it looks like we will be making at least 5 sets
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Ride Tech Coil Over Rear Suspension Part II


      2012 04-16 Update - Ride Tech Coil Over Rear Suspension Part II
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com



      Here is what the bracket looks like when it is removed.



      I need to thank a couple people here.

      Mario from US Collision for letting me borrow his 345 Michelin tire and Chris at JCG Customs www.jcgcustoms.com for letting me borrow his 3 finger wheel tool. The 345 fit perfectly after this very simple modification.





      The new Ride Tech lower bracket installed. Much cleaner look and no more ugly u-bolts.



      Joe has also been working on the Edelbrock modified exhaust. He made a couple modifications to the floor pan to get the exhaust above the site line under the car. I am very happy with the progress of the exhaust so far.





      All done and ready to roll.



      pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Rocky Mounts

      2012 04-30 Update - Rocky Mounts www.rockymounts.com
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com


      This post is all about my first love (other then my family of course). I am a die-hard mountain biker it is very hard for
      me to miss a ride in the summer due to a show schedule. The only way to solve this was either to buy a Lotus and
      order a rack from Unique Racks http://uniquerack.com so I could have a cool car with a bike rack on it. But it didn't
      solve the problem. I wouldn't be able to do any of the Good-Guys shows (www.good-guys.com ) since the Lotus would
      be was newer then 1972.




      Warning: the following pictures may not be suitable for immature audiences. author: David Chooey

      So here is my dream bike and I am trying to figure out a way to mount the bike on the side of the car and wondering how it would
      look. I know most people would put it on the back but that is way to boring for me.

      Now that I determined the location all I have to do is find the best looking tray on the market. When I was in Colorado at
      Cankworx ( www.crankworx.com ) I walked by the Rocky Mounts Display ( www.rockymounts.com ) and saw the perfect
      tray. I wanted to buy one at the show but I figured Southwest wouldn't let me carry it on the plane home.

      I ordered up the tray the day I got home and started mocking it up on the car.




      You can see that the tray's has a very thin profile and looks very clean on the side of the car. I can't wait to order a set
      for my daily driver.






      Warning: the following pictures may be offensive and not suitable for automotive purists. author: David Chooey

      I hauled the car back to High Speed Welding ( www.highspeedwelding.com ) and showed Dennis and Joe my idea.
      Good thing for me both of them thought it was a cool idea.

      We have two goals make it removable so I can run the car through a car wash and to try not to disturb the original lines
      of the car.



      When the tray is removed all that will be left is two stainless steel bungs on the quarter. Kenny will be making a cap to
      cover them up when the Rocky Mount tray is removed.





      Since this hole was already on the side of the car we choose to use it for the rear mount.





      Here is the finished product.

      I AM RIGHT HERE


      Just in case you didn't read the warning the first time.
      Warning: the following pictures may be offensive and not suitable for automotive purists. author: David Chooey







      I am well aware that most people think I am crazy and that is okay and here is my thoughts on that. I hear parents every
      day telling me that all there kids do is play video games. Then I point out that most adults sit on the coach at watch Sports
      and the latest TV Series. So as parents they are no better. So get out and do something active instead of telling your
      kids when I was young we never watched TV we were out playing. Live life guys and gals as this may be the only one you get.

      Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net

      I also need to thank my buddy Rick for showing me pictures of the Lotus Bike rack years ago. Without those pictures I may
      have mounted on the back of the car and that would have just been boring.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - DSE Subframe Connectors

      2012 06-26 Update - DSE Subframe Connectors
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Evening all,

      Since the body and the subframe need to get put back together we figured now is a good time to install
      the Sub-Frame connectors from DSE.
      Once again the guys at High Speed welding handled the work. www.highspeedwelding.com







      What I like the most about there connectors is how close they fit to the body.







      pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Cleaning Up the DSE Subframe Connectors

      2012 06-27 Update - Cleaning Up the DSE Subframe Connectors
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com


      Evening All,

      Okay since I am home for at least one more week and I am not allowed to drive it's time to play catch up.
      I enlisted the help of my oldest to help clean up the sub-fame connectors. It's amazing how fast they
      flashed over with rust. Out came the wire wheel and some serious elbow grease.



      Getting closer





      Time to get out the cheap labor. Did I mention she works for Taco's



      Looks much better.



      Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Ride Tech Muscle Bar

      2012 07-04 Update - Ride Tech Muscle Bar
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Afternoon All,

      People tend to think that they can handle a complete subframe swap. Then in the middle of the project they realize they have
      either run out of money, time or skill to finish the project. As said in previous post the build of this car needs to be simple and
      something that anyone can do. That is why Ride Tech is my first choice and always will be. Their product is proven and if you
      can do simple remove and replace you are going to be unbelievable happy with all of the products offered by them.

      Time to install the Ride Tech Muscle bar.



      30 minutes later the bar is installed.





      If your goal is to build you car in your garage or your driveway and not make it yard art then step up to Ride-Tech !!!!
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - Ride Rech Tiger Cage

      2012 08-04 Update - 2nd Chance Camaro - Ride Rech Tiger Cage
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Afternoon All,

      More boxes from Ride-Tech



      Good thing Scott was over he was able to open the box while I took pictures. It's to bad he's a cuB faN the good news is but he's
      still a good guy.









      It's going to look really nice once I get it installed.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - BFG 295's on the Rear

      2012 09-22 Update - BFG 295's on the Rear
      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Evening all,

      Picking the right tires for your car is important, it can make or break the final look . As much as I like the big tire look out back it just doesn't fit with the plan for this car. The goal is to have something that looks very classy and timeless. So the ideal size for this project would be somewhere around 12" wide.

      Remember timeless is the goal for this car.



      What was funny is I asked everyday people what they thought of the tire combo on this car while it was sitting in my garage and everyone
      said the same thing.

      Looks Perfect !! Not to big, not to small just like the perfect bowl of porridge - Just Right



      Some of the cool tools that I have laying around from the Syborg TT project is the Wheel Mate. It sure makes test fitting tires easy !!



      You can see that there is plenty of clearance using the stock rear spring perches.



      Quick look from the rear and you can there is plenty of tire out back.



      Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro - High Speed Welding Edelbrock Exhaust Mod Post 1


      2012 10-22 Update - High Speed Welding Edelbrock Exhaust Mod Post 1

      www.2ndchancecamaro.com

      Afternoon All,

      The guys at High Speed Welding are finishing up the exhaust and it should be done by the end of the week.



      The goal is to tuck the exhaust up tight to the stock floor pan.



      Close up of the new downpipes on the shorty headers



      You can see that nothing is hanging below the Stock Sub-Frame as the car will be 5 1/2" off the ground.



      In order to tuck the muffler tight to the floor they had to raise a section of the stock floor pan.





      It was very important to keep the factory rear seat for my girls to ride in.



      Finished front half of the exhaust.

      &

      &



      The G-Force cross member made tucking the exhaust up easy. This is a great piece !



      Up and over the axle is going to be exciting as the car has been lowered 3" in the rear so it's going to be a tight squeeze.



      I love how pictures make things look closer then they actually are.








      More to come this week.

      Pictures hosted by www.garagescene.net
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com