Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 198

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      886
      Country Flag: United States
      We're a couple days behind schedule but here are a couple updates.

      The time studies for the crossmember and lower control arms are complete after 10 sets were finish welded.







      A small but significant change to the Torque Arm.





      -J
      www.totalcostinvolved.com
      "Quality doesn't cost, it pays"


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Posts
      8
      Parts are looking good. Quick question you might know the answer to. I have a 71 chevy c10 stepside, but I have an extra frame from a gmc, same year model. I've had this extra one for quite a few years, and the thought hit me that I could get the gmc frame ready without having to tear my truck apart until I'm ready to do bodywork. I know the gmc is leaf spring, but is all the dimensions the same so I could change it to a coil spring setup with the trailing arms? My plans are to change about all of the rear suspension anyway including rear axle, break, trailing arms etc.. Will this work?

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      886
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by glennheath View Post
      Parts are looking good. Quick question you might know the answer to. I have a 71 chevy c10 stepside, but I have an extra frame from a gmc, same year model. I've had this extra one for quite a few years, and the thought hit me that I could get the gmc frame ready without having to tear my truck apart until I'm ready to do bodywork. I know the gmc is leaf spring, but is all the dimensions the same so I could change it to a coil spring setup with the trailing arms? My plans are to change about all of the rear suspension anyway including rear axle, break, trailing arms etc.. Will this work?
      I can't confirm anything at this point but if it has leafs my guess would be that it is different. Probably 3/4 Ton esque which if that is the case would mean the front will work but not the rear. We will definitely be looking into it in full detail now that you brought it up.

      -J
      www.totalcostinvolved.com
      "Quality doesn't cost, it pays"




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com