Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Results 41 to 60 of 244
    1. #41
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      mass
      Posts
      493
      Country Flag: United States
      looking good and nice write up. Love that we got a few more buicks on the site.. fab work looks great and keep up the good work

    2. #42
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      Finally got around to spray the trunk/underside/wheel wells. First I sprayed PPG DP90 epoxy, then top coated everything with "Raptor" spray in bed liner. I love the spray in bed liner! It looks like factory except waaay nicer and stronger. The $150 truck bed kit was enough to do my whole floor pan and trunk (barely).Name:  gun test.JPG
Views: 4656
Size:  198.3 KBName:  trunk spray2.JPG
Views: 4642
Size:  249.7 KBName:  well spray.JPG
Views: 4634
Size:  217.6 KB
      Justin Snow

    3. #43
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      Name:  trunk finished.JPG
Views: 4567
Size:  291.2 KB
      Justin Snow

    4. #44
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      Quote Originally Posted by 66larkgs View Post
      looking good and nice write up. Love that we got a few more buicks on the site.. fab work looks great and keep up the good work
      Thanks for the compliment. Its a little intimidating posting fab work on here because there are so many well built high end cars on here.
      Justin Snow

    5. #45
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      mass
      Posts
      493
      Country Flag: United States
      Thier isand i think the quality just keeps on getting nicer as time goes on. It is like playing on a great team and you tend to play up. i find myself learning from all these great guys and builds that it only benefits our builds. What type of gun did you use to shoot the bed liner. What was the tip size?

    6. #46
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      McKinney, TX
      Posts
      1,623
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm tuned in for this one! I love GNs. Funny thing, there are 2 in my neighborhood that are parked in front of houses like a Kia or something. One never moves.
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

    7. #47
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      MD
      Posts
      232
      Country Flag: United States
      That came out looking great!

      Hey I just noticed you live in York! I'm in Cecil MD, we should meet up some time.

    8. #48
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      Quote Originally Posted by 66larkgs View Post
      Thier isand i think the quality just keeps on getting nicer as time goes on. It is like playing on a great team and you tend to play up. i find myself learning from all these great guys and builds that it only benefits our builds. What type of gun did you use to shoot the bed liner. What was the tip size?
      It was a $20 "shutz" gun. I bought mine through Autobodytoolmart.com where I bought the Raptor bed liner. I threw my gun away after I was done with it because they are so cheap and it looked like it would have taken a half gallon of laquer thinner to clean it.
      Justin Snow

    9. #49
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      Quote Originally Posted by SickSpeedMonte View Post
      That came out looking great!

      Hey I just noticed you live in York! I'm in Cecil MD, we should meet up some time.
      I drag race at Cecil. Probably have @100 passes there on bikes alone. I wouldn't mind having this thing back together for the fall show in Ocean City, MD. That's probably wishful thinking.
      Justin Snow

    10. #50
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      237
      Country Flag: United States
      I love this project, great work! The mini-tub job turned out awesome.

    11. #51
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      Name:  ucarrage2.JPG
Views: 4450
Size:  270.8 KBName:  ucarrage trunk view.JPG
Views: 4413
Size:  226.4 KB
      Justin Snow

    12. #52
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      I cleaned the fire wall up a bit. I got rid of a few holes I no longer needed and smoothed out a bunch of factory spot welds.Name:  firewall3.JPG
Views: 4375
Size:  164.0 KBName:  firewall notes.JPG
Views: 4368
Size:  131.5 KB
      Justin Snow

    13. #53
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      Heres the before and after shot. I top coated this with Eastwood ceramic chassis black. Its supposed to be satin but has a little bit of sheen to it (maybe adding some reducer would flatten it out a little more).Name:  firwall before.jpg
Views: 4364
Size:  174.6 KBName:  firewall after.jpg
Views: 4390
Size:  175.3 KB
      Justin Snow

    14. #54
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Woodbine, MD
      Posts
      2,770
      Country Flag: United States
      looking good!!!!!

      Remember that if you ever need an extra hand, i'm down to help!
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

      "Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

    15. #55
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      I removed my HUGE stock heater box and got a heat/defrost only kit from Vintage air. Its basically a heater core with a blower motor on it that mounts inside the car under the dash. I built this block off plate and a pair of catch can/breathers to mount on the passenger side of the firewall. One catch can for each valve cover.Name:  Catch cans before.jpg
Views: 4384
Size:  218.3 KBName:  breather black (1).jpg
Views: 5205
Size:  213.9 KBName:  breather black full firewall.jpg
Views: 4414
Size:  214.5 KB
      Justin Snow

    16. #56
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Posts
      8
      Nice build - i love the attention to detail and "stock-like" appearance of everything.

      aaron

    17. #57
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Phoenix,AZ
      Posts
      495
      Country Flag: United States
      I really like your build and mini-tub the rear. Gong to subscribe to this thread.
      James W.
      1987 Oldsmobile

    18. #58
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Cartersville, GA
      Posts
      1,298
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks great!
      Joe Hinds

    19. #59
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Posts
      179
      Quote Originally Posted by GNon18s View Post
      Name:  breather black (1).jpg
Views: 5205
Size:  213.9 KB
      That blockoff plate is amazing!

      What vintage air kit are you going with?

      Any photos of the blockoff plate from the interior so I can see how the heater mounts to the plate?

      I currently do not have heat in my Monte, and this looks like a really good solution.

    20. #60
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      I just googled "Vintage air Heat defrost" and it popped up right away. Its only like $230 from summit. I do not have pictures but I mounted mine under the dash (behind the stereo area). It would be pretty easy to mount it directly to the HVAC block off plate. Its small!Name:  VA heater.jpg
Views: 4548
Size:  2.3 KB

      Justin Snow


    Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com