Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Results 61 to 80 of 113
    1. #61
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Atlanta GA
      Posts
      7,477

    2. #62
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,355
      Country Flag: United States
      I know I may be in the minority, but these C3 Vettes are my favorite ever. This one is going to be something special!
      Stephen

    3. #63
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Location
      Austin, Tx.
      Posts
      1,539
      Country Flag: United States
      Car looks great with the flares and the older fender louvers. I like them much more than the egg crates that normally came on the '72!
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

    4. #64
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Brisbane Australia
      Posts
      410
      Country Flag: Australia
      Great progress
      Hot rodder's recycle, wheres those prius' going when the tree huggers have a new fad.

    5. #65
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      London, UK / San Diego, CA
      Posts
      161
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Dons67 View Post
      SINISTER - that is all
      That's the look I'm going for!

      Quote Originally Posted by Riggs 74 View Post
      That has to put a huge smile on your face, It's looking really great.

      Riggs
      Bigger smile than you can even imagine. Thanks for the nice words!

      Quote Originally Posted by KnightMare View Post
      That car looks killer, looks awesome
      Thanks man! Now I just wish I wasn't many thousands of miles away from it.
      Eric
      1969/72 Corvette Coupe - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-Corvette
      454 Block / Heads For Sale - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ads-SD-LA-Area
      Corvette Parts & Service:. www.vansteel.com

    6. #66
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      London, UK / San Diego, CA
      Posts
      161
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr.VENGEANCE View Post
      I approve of this.
      Hope that it ends up on the same par as your Camaro.

      Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      I know I may be in the minority, but these C3 Vettes are my favorite ever. This one is going to be something special!
      All my life I've lusted after steel bumpered C3 vettes and first gen camaros. Decided to do the vette first - haven't looked back since. Really appreciate the compliment.

      Quote Originally Posted by 454bug View Post
      Car looks great with the flares and the older fender louvers. I like them much more than the egg crates that normally came on the '72!
      I was torn on whether to change the front end to gills, but finally decided to make the car everything I wanted. I think it looks SO much better! How's work going on your beast of a project?


      Quote Originally Posted by linkstar69 View Post
      Great progress
      Thanks!
      Eric
      1969/72 Corvette Coupe - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-Corvette
      454 Block / Heads For Sale - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ads-SD-LA-Area
      Corvette Parts & Service:. www.vansteel.com

    7. #67
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      London, UK / San Diego, CA
      Posts
      161
      Country Flag: United States
      Next step is getting the appropriate tail panel on the car and start prepping for paint, which raises the million dollar question: stick with sidepipes or run straights out the back?

      I loved the sidepipes with my SBC in there originally, but no one makes sidepipe headers that match LS exhaust ports or have O2 bungs in the collector. Anyone know how much custom or modded headers generally run?

      Really thinking about running straight 3" duals out the back instead...
      Eric
      1969/72 Corvette Coupe - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-Corvette
      454 Block / Heads For Sale - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ads-SD-LA-Area
      Corvette Parts & Service:. www.vansteel.com

    8. #68
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Coronado, CA
      Posts
      1,688
      Country Flag: United States
      Didn't realize you were in S.D. C3's are super cool. Can't wait to see it finished.

      Johnny C.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      70 'cuda, Pro-Charged 408 stroker, Tremec 5 speed, Strange S-60, Alter-k-tion, Tri 4, Hydroboost and Wilwoods


    9. #69
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      London, UK / San Diego, CA
      Posts
      161
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by go-fish View Post
      Didn't realize you were in S.D. C3's are super cool. Can't wait to see it finished.
      Yes sir! Most recently up in Carlsbad. Been getting in touch with some of the other SD guys on the forum as well. When I move back in October we need to get together for a mini cruise or something! Definitely would like to check out the other PT rides in SD as well as meet some car minded buddies.
      Eric
      1969/72 Corvette Coupe - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-Corvette
      454 Block / Heads For Sale - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ads-SD-LA-Area
      Corvette Parts & Service:. www.vansteel.com

    10. #70
      Join Date
      Nov 2000
      Location
      O-town
      Posts
      4,330
      Country Flag: United States
      side pipes all the way!!!!!
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL



      70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

    11. #71
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      366

    12. #72
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Coronado, CA
      Posts
      1,688
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by sokoloka View Post
      Yes sir! Most recently up in Carlsbad. Been getting in touch with some of the other SD guys on the forum as well. When I move back in October we need to get together for a mini cruise or something! Definitely would like to check out the other PT rides in SD as well as meet some car minded buddies.
      October is the best time of year here; Coronado Speed Festival. I'm down in South County but I think Johny68 (John Dioli) lives in the best spot. He lives near Alpine and has a twisty hill climb literally in his back yard.
      Johnny C.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      70 'cuda, Pro-Charged 408 stroker, Tremec 5 speed, Strange S-60, Alter-k-tion, Tri 4, Hydroboost and Wilwoods

    13. #73
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Location
      Austin, Tx.
      Posts
      1,539
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by sokoloka View Post
      I was torn on whether to change the front end to gills, but finally decided to make the car everything I wanted. I think it looks SO much better! How's work going on your beast of a project?
      I have been caught up moving to Houston and focusing on learning my new job... I have sorted out my rear brakes on my floater setup and have fabbed the reluctor rings for my traction control. I have a few miscellaneous brackets to install on the frame and a couple of tweaks to my rollcage to get finished. I will then be able to send it to get powder coated. Then, it will be on to sheetmetal work for the inner fenders and interior!

      Keep up the great work on the car! I sure miss my '65 Corvette Convertible I sold a few years ago after owning it for 24 years...
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

    14. #74
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      California City Ca.
      Posts
      398
      nice cant wait to see it painted.
      Dale Hayes
      87 turbo t
      turbonetics t60, pet stock location intercooler, ride tech coilovers, rjc exhaust, 60lb injectors with tt chip, ported heads and intake, ported tb, baer brakes, roh 17 inch wheels....now need to finish paint and get it put back together.

    15. #75
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      London, UK / San Diego, CA
      Posts
      161
      Country Flag: United States
      Base color choice has been made final:



      2011 Bentley Continental Supersports GT "Quartzite"

      Still figuring out the stripe pattern while they're prepping the car for paint but all accents will be matte black.
      Eric
      1969/72 Corvette Coupe - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-Corvette
      454 Block / Heads For Sale - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ads-SD-LA-Area
      Corvette Parts & Service:. www.vansteel.com

    16. #76
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      Springfield OH
      Posts
      39
      Country Flag: United States
      That color combo will look great, Are you doing a motion strip down the center and around the tail?

      Riggs
      Slowly making progress on a 40 year old Pro touring Vette, some day it will be Awesome.

    17. #77
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      791
      Love this build!!! The wheels,the paint...its all going to look great together!

      A red interior may look pretty nice too.....haha, just say'n

      Good luck with the rest of the build!

      -Sean

    18. #78
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      London, UK / San Diego, CA
      Posts
      161
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Riggs 74 View Post
      That color combo will look great, Are you doing a motion strip down the center and around the tail?

      Riggs
      Thinking about doing something similar to either a motion stripe or the dashed stripe of the owens corning corvettes over the hood cowl and down the back.

      Quote Originally Posted by sr73bu View Post
      Love this build!!! The wheels,the paint...its all going to look great together!

      A red interior may look pretty nice too.....haha, just say'n

      Good luck with the rest of the build!

      -Sean
      Thanks! Still haven't even thought about interior but not going to lie - this picture makes me want to look at RED options!! Definitely thinking about getting some big red wilwoods to put behind the wheels as well.
      Eric
      1969/72 Corvette Coupe - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-Corvette
      454 Block / Heads For Sale - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ads-SD-LA-Area
      Corvette Parts & Service:. www.vansteel.com

    19. #79
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Location
      Sydney, Australia
      Posts
      1,797
      Country Flag: Australia
      Red, or a burgandy works nicely with silver....
      Regards,
      Leigh

      Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

    20. #80
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Brisbane Australia
      Posts
      410
      Country Flag: Australia
      My Chrysler hardtop is silver with red & black interior so I think red works with silver
      Hot rodder's recycle, wheres those prius' going when the tree huggers have a new fad.

    Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com