Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Results 101 to 113 of 113
    1. #101
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,355
      Country Flag: United States
      Are you going back with the sidepipes? I think a flared Vette needs them for balance. Black side pipes would be cool if you decide to black out the bumpers and chrome.

      Stephen


    2. #102
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      minnesota
      Posts
      52
      Country Flag: United States
      man that looks bad ass. i used to have a 73 and they are fun cars for sure...i love the flares

    3. #103
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      wow looks awesome!!!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    4. #104
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      London, UK / San Diego, CA
      Posts
      161
      Country Flag: United States
      Cut and buffed, now with the T-tops and hood painted up as well:









      Getting them to send pictures while I'm overseas has been a bit like pulling teeth but boy do I get excited when I see them pop in my inbox.

      Can't wait to get back and start reassembly. Next thing to figure out is how to mount the man pedal and the DBW LS3 accelerator.
      Eric
      1969/72 Corvette Coupe - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-Corvette
      454 Block / Heads For Sale - https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ads-SD-LA-Area
      Corvette Parts & Service:. www.vansteel.com

    5. #105
      Join Date
      Nov 2000
      Location
      O-town
      Posts
      4,330
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks great!! now it needs blackside pipes!!!
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL



      70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

    6. #106
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      4
      Awesome looking ride, I will definitely be keeping an eye on your progress. I have been looking at getting wheels, but I can't decide between a CCW or something like a Fikse FM/5. I think your pics have helped me make up my mind.

      One thing to consider is if you are lowering the car is to raise the differential. The halfshafts, which act as the upper suspension arm, will be past level and cause the wheel to toe out under hard corning. I raised mine by about 3/4" to help with the bump steer in the rear. Before I did this, the car was almost undriveable when autocrossing as the ass end would try to pass me when trail braking. Now on the autocross or road courses it's pretty stable. Just something to ponder.

      Looks great. Keep the updates coming!!!

      Name:  DSC_8005.jpg
Views: 9980
Size:  161.9 KB

    7. #107
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Location
      Nor Cal
      Posts
      14
      Country Flag: United States
      I to purchased a 1971 LS5 Vette this year from a museum where it was parked for a couple of years, I have not had a lot of time this year but am starting on it now. I was much like you thinking I could do anything and when I got it home I found that in general it would need a lot of work. I am going to try and keep the body on as I rebuild it but who knows what we actually do as we go. Mine will look like a stock Big Block but I am going to use all modern stuff under it. I want it to drive like a modern muscle car but look like a classic, I am also going to change that crappy auto transmission to a modern over drive so I can fly on the freeway like a normal modern car. Anyway I think yours is a small block and the flares are very cool. Its a badass car so keep the dream alive. If you want to exchange ideas my email is [email protected] (its Frank). By the way I love the paint color and its amazing. Perfect looking in fact hope to see it done soon.
      WHAT TYPE OF WHEELS AND TIRES ARE YOU USING THEY LOOK BADASS.

    8. #108
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Posts
      68
      Any updates?

    9. #109
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Oakdale, Ca.
      Posts
      192
      Country Flag: United States
      +1.... Love this build. Anything new?


      George Dias
      1973 Camaro
      2002 SVT Lightning
      2003 Z06 Corvette

      2015 Truckin Throwdown Champion http://www.trucktrend.com/events/tru...by-ebc-brakes/

    10. #110
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      1
      Country Flag: United States
      While I am not the owner of the car (and apologize for the bump) it would seem that the car is almost finished. I have seen it from start to present at the shop, as J&D Corvette has painted all of my Corvettes. This will be a Corvette to remember when it is finished. I am supposed to be picking up my '76 next week and will take a peep at this beauty while I'm there.

    11. #111
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Posts
      34
      Any updates on this work of art?

    12. #112
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      2
      Country Flag: United States
      The suspense is killing me. :/ I MUST see it finished... or my life will be incomplete.

    13. #113
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Posts
      227
      Any news?!

    Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com