Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Results 21 to 40 of 81
    1. #21
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Location
      Georgia
      Posts
      2,178
      Country Flag: United States
      The most important part of using a small vendor is to check their reputation, not just here but in other venues as well. You can usually get a quick idea by doing a little research. If there are multiple locations where people were fed lines, sent the wrong part, or not sent any part, then you should spend your dollars elsewhere.

      If it were me, and I had been receiving funds through a company that wasn't delivering, I would spend my own personal funds to repay those people. Even if I had to file bankruptcy, if I was still running another business I would make it a point to give people their product or their money even after the fact. Talking about how tough one has it, then in the next sentence talking about how customers of the second company are still getting their products and that business is fine is the same as giving the finger to those that helped GET YOU to where the second company could flourish.

    2. #22
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Sunny Florida on the Suncoast
      Posts
      1,060
      Country Flag: United States
      I got to agree with Sparky.
      Stay in it till you see God....then lift

      Where patience fails, force prevails

      "When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat." G. Carlin

      Stapp's Ironical Paradox...... "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

    3. #23
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Posts
      1,464
      Country Flag: United States
      Business is business... sometimes they work out sometimes they dont... Unfortunately in my line of work I have seen hundreds of businesses file for bankruptcy chapter 11 and refile under another entity giving them a clean slate from their bills... Is it right? Maybe not but it is all part of business and our government allows businesses to be protected personally this way(that is why you incorporate when ever your in business to protect yourself personally) Again I am not sticking up or going against anyone here. Jon is right though about getting your credit card company to dispute and reverse the charges. The LAWS protect the consumers in cases where they have paid with their credit card and so in the end although inconvinient you can recoup your MONEY and the only thing that has been lost is your time and a little aggravation.... This is different from regular commerce and one I can speak from experience on... I had one customer owe me $75000 in receivables only to have them file for chapter 11 protection, reorganize under a completely different name and then CALL me to place another order saying that they were a totally different company now... I DID BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY FOR 12 YEARS!!! Long story short, I didnt take the order BUT I also never got the 75K either... Consumer businesses are ALOT different because there are no receivable or payment terms just CREDIT CARD.... So contact your credit card companies and stop bitchn about it.

    4. #24
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      This whole situation sucks for everyone, mostly, we the hobbits that save our pennies to buy parts from people that we think are there to help us with a good business standard.

      Personally, I think anyone that now goes out and buys NewGen wheels is insane and is supporting what Jon has done here. Show him how you really feel and boycott his business.

      His response just seems like an "oh well" to me. Sure just go ahead and get your money back from the credit card company. What a jerk. Ok, yes you may get your money back, but what about the cc company that is now out thousands of dollars? They don't just eat that loss. That is partly why fees and rates keep gong up on cc's, to pay for criminals like Jon.



      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

    5. #25
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Location
      Tracy, CA.
      Posts
      1,347
      A blind man could have seen this coming IMO...never was a fan of the guy or his business anyway...

      Steve Martin
      67 Camaro RS
      66 Chevelle


    6. #26
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Tampabay, Florida
      Posts
      78
      Country Flag: United States
      First off, I own my own business. With that said, the life of an entrepreneur is one big crap shoot. Every time you expand your biz you take a chance that there may not be enough new customers to pay for it and you may go broke. Maybe you invest in a new CNC machine to make a great widget and someone imports 10 billion of them from China and sells them for a nickle each. Maybe you buy a $10000 billboard ad and it doesn't produce. A company can lose a fortune because of a technology change, mismanagement, crooked employees, bad partners and a million other reasons. I've seen companies that sold year memberships WHILE they were in the process of closing the business. I've also seen people pay back every cent they owed no mater the effort that it took. Hopefully that is the way he will handle it. But be aware that companies can easily amass huge debts that CAN'T be paid back. There's about 1,000,000 examples of that due to the recession. That is the reason for bankruptcy laws. There is something to be said for dealing with long established companies with good reputations.
      I do recognize that I would be pissed if I lost a lot of money this way. If I found out that he was still taking orders with no intention of filling them I'd take it very personally.

    7. #27
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Clearwater/FL
      Posts
      512
      Country Flag: United States
      Start business, take money, close business, start other business, repeat....

      Perfect business model
      85 monte, drift project- small block t5 and 8.8
      88 Blazer sbc
      05 300c

    8. #28
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      Glendale, AZ
      Posts
      251
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by toofun View Post
      Business is business... sometimes they work out sometimes they dont... Unfortunately in my line of work I have seen hundreds of businesses file for bankruptcy chapter 11 and refile under another entity giving them a clean slate from their bills... Is it right? Maybe not but it is all part of business and our government allows businesses to be protected personally this way(that is why you incorporate when ever your in business to protect yourself personally) Again I am not sticking up or going against anyone here. Jon is right though about getting your credit card company to dispute andreverse the charges. The LAWS protect the consumers in cases where they have paid with their credit card and so in the end although inconvinient you can recoup your MONEY and the only thing that has been lost is your time and a little aggravation.... This is different from regular commerce and one I can speak from experience on... I had one customer owe me $75000 in receivables only to have them file for chapter 11 protection, reorganize under a completely different name and then CALL me to place another order saying that they were a totally different company now... I DID BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY FOR 12 YEARS!!! Long story short, I didnt take the order BUT I also never got the 75K either... Consumer businesses are ALOT different because there are no receivable or payment terms just CREDIT CARD.... So contact your credit card companies and stop bitchn about it.
      You're comparing a business-to-business deal of which I'm sure you had set up in which it couldn't effect your personal assets. So if some guy stole the wheels off your 69 camaro you wouldn't be "bitchin? "
      Last edited by parsonsj; 04-10-2012 at 04:59 PM.

    9. #29
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Cartersville, GA
      Posts
      1,298
      Country Flag: United States
      I think the worst part of stories like this...amd there have been far too many of them lately...is that a lot of honest dealers are going to lose business over it. Parts sales are a very small part of my business, but I order some very expensive parts for my shop customers and this kind of thing pretty much ensures that I will go direct to the manufacturer whenever possible. The higher price is worth it, knowing that I have a far better chance of getting my parts, and getting them in a timely manner.
      Joe Hinds

    10. #30
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Woodbine, MD
      Posts
      2,770
      Country Flag: United States
      im floored by all this....
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

      "Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

    11. #31
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Woodstock, Ga
      Posts
      695
      Country Flag: United States
      For those of you that never read this thread, check it out......

      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ide&highlight=

      Robert

    12. #32
      Join Date
      May 2002
      Location
      Northern California
      Posts
      10,716
      Country Flag: United States
      I have had great dealings in the past but i believe someone just shot themself in the foot. Bad move.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε


    13. #33
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Snohomish, Washington
      Posts
      2,235
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by RS_Customs View Post
      For those of you that never read this thread, check it out......

      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ide&highlight=

      Robert
      If you look at the date that thread was posted and go to the feedback forums, Most of the people that sent money to Driverz and didn't get any wheels had done so after Jon had announced that the sell of Driverz was finalized... Just sayin
      Matt

    14. #34
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Clearwater/FL
      Posts
      512
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by RS_Customs View Post
      For those of you that never read this thread, check it out......

      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ide&highlight=

      Robert
      I just wanna se Amir get his hoops so we can finally see those flares on Venny.... ;)
      85 monte, drift project- small block t5 and 8.8
      88 Blazer sbc
      05 300c

    15. #35
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Posts
      1,464
      Country Flag: United States
      ......
      Maybe its me but if I ordered parts and then the company closed... I would call my credit card company and get the money back.. YES I would be aggravated, YES if Jon took orders knowing he was closing I would be pissed too(I dont know if that is the case or not just saying) YES I think it is really gonna hurt his new business.. YES it looks bad that after filing bankruptcy through the old business he now has opened a NEW business with a clean slate. In my situation it was business to business and I deal with manufacturers NOT DIRECTLY WITH CONSUMERS OR END USERS.. When you are in the public eye dealing with end users you are ALWAYS going to be under a microscope and your reputation stands for everything...

      Jon I think this would have gone alot better for you if you DIDNT open a NEW business almost right after you filed bankruptcy with the old one. If it were me I would have waited a good 6-8 months and offered a huge discount to all of the people who were inconvinienced in time and waiting to get their money back from the credit card companies. I think that would have gone better. Just my .02 cents from years and years of experience in the global business world.

      Mark
      TOOFUN
      Last edited by andrewb70; 04-11-2012 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Political content removed

    16. #36
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Castro Valley, CA
      Posts
      530
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by muthstryker View Post
      These things happen, Deals go wrong all the time. At least Jon was man enough to let everyone know what was going on, unlike previous vendors who have done the same thing with not even as much as a "sorry". It is unfortunate that this happened as I liked Driverz and I like Jon.

      On that note, Newgen wheels are in my future.
      I need some money wired to my bank account in Nigeria to bail out your family member.
      John S.

      68 "Bloodline" Camaro in assembly...

      Speedtech Sub, Alston G-Billet/Fab 9 rear, Ridetech coil overs, Moser axles, Fesler 19's, Lots of Anvil parts,Twin tubo LS3/T56, Carbon fiber manifold, and the list goes on and on..........

    17. #37
      Join Date
      Feb 2003
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      3,446
      Country Flag: United States
      What a mess. Hopefully Jon does make things right with those who spent money and didn't receive anything. It may take time and stressful sacrifices, but all we ask is for a commitment to do the right thing, for now. I would sell everything I own to repay a debt that I was responsible for.

      Tony
      Co-Founder, LS1TECH.com


      Forged Wheel Dealer, Contact me for a quote!
      www.DV8Motoring.com

    18. #38
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Location
      Georgia
      Posts
      2,178
      Country Flag: United States
      Robert, that post didn't apparently reflect what really happened, as Jon pointed out that the transfer never fully took place, so he was still in some form an owner of the company at the time of it's downfall.

    19. #39
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Posts
      176
      Some more detective work over at lateral-g:

      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/show...t=36395&page=3

      Start at post 24.
      Nick
      '72 Monte Carlo
      Build Thread

    20. #40
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Location
      new braunfels, tx
      Posts
      545
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by class67 View Post
      A blind man could have seen this coming IMO...never was a fan of the guy or his business anyway...
      i agree, i'm surprised that so many are shocked at this news. there have been far too many complaints for jon/driverzinc/newgen/etc. over the years on all of the forums. did jon make some of those failed transactions right? yes. but the fact that it kept happening is telling.

      i'm surprised it took this long for the doors to finally shut. similar situation to the whole 360forged debacle.

      when negative feedback is posted for any vendor, all potential buyers need to take heed. also, actions from moderator teams must be swift and absolute. jon/driverzinc should have been banned a long time ago. or at the very least had his vendor rights taken away.

    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com