Login / Register

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      Badass

92 azz draggin blazer
      86 Monte Carlo SS
      64 Impala

Country Flag: United States
      A few pics. Wheel I was going to use to try to stay within my 25k budget
      This is a 10" x 15 Steel with NOS OEM Hubcap. Wheel would have been powdercoated or painted body color (orange)

Next is a 18" x 9 put in place to see what it would look like. I think the 18's would be as large a wheel as I would use. Total height is 1" taller than other tire pictured 25.5 vs 26.5. I still need to figure out exactly which tires and wheels to use.

Comparing the diff tires/wheels. It for sure needs something other than original plan.

Another issue I ran into is the I beams. The DJM's were absolute junk (the silver splatter paint version) The dark/black are current AIM's.

Turns out the AIM's are giving me 2"+ additional track throwing off all my measurements which came from the stock beam.

Here you can see how crappy the DJM beams were. Welded together so crooked and the main part where kingpin is is just plates tacked together along with having .050" of slop in pins. Also there was no caster built in and was different side to side. Sent em' back as scrap.

Here is a better engine pic (my camera lens is toast and does not want to focus) also a rear spring mount prior to going off to powder coater

close up shot of rear end detail.

Once the truck is mostly done the rear end will have to be re-visited as started out with a stock 427 making 425hp. Add 50% more HP to that and now I will most likely change center and axles to ensure no issues. A simple deal once the rest is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jims78elky View Post
      Got Nuts?

lol..J/K..

Wow..just a awesome project!

-Jim
      Nuts bolts and all four shocks?

I like the 18" wheels. Are those FR500's? Would definitely be a different look for a truck.
      Will Ellis
      1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1/2 Dart / 1/2 Viper...
      Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wellis77 View Post
      I like the 18" wheels. Are those FR500's? Would definitely be a different look for a truck.
      That wheel for demo purposes and to see fit etc is specific to a
      GT500 "KR". its a 5 on 4 1/2.
      If you look close its just sitting there. I am using it to help me get proper size and look.

This is the wheel I am using

From Schott Wheels.

That schott wheel is Nice
      DMC69-69ss350

Like I said, I really like those wheels (your wheel choice), different, and look great, although so do the classic hubcaps on a nice rim.

I admire you patience in restoring all the old hardware. That's a crazy amount of work

awesome ride and work! Love those old Ford trucks!

what kind of power is the motor putting out? What kind of cam is in it?

nice Johnny Cash ref, one piece ata time.

This is an awesome build. My first truck(vehicle) was a '66 except it was a long bed and black with a white roof. It also had the 300 I6 but the previous owner I bought it from gave me a 352FE to put in it's place. Needless to say I sold it before I ever installed that motor. Too bad, I still kick myself for getting rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by windsor View Post
      awesome ride and work! Love those old Ford trucks!

what kind of power is the motor putting out? What kind of cam is in it?
      Thanks All!

Lets just say the power is something north of 600hp...

The cam is a Custom Grind (street) solid roller. Fairly heavy truck with estimate around 3600-3750lbs the cam is made for T O R Q U E .. Powerband should be pretty stout from 2000 up to 6200. (comp ration of 10.6 to 1) Do not plan on turning it past 6500rpm. With a cam change it would probably gain 100hp but want driveability. I expect the truck to run 11's in the 1/4 when done. Also hope it will do well in autox for a truck.

I had BIG plans for past couple weeks for some more body work and paint but ended up pulling the 352 out of my 65 F250 to fix some oil leaks. Ended up going thru the engine to make it fresh again. Now I am debating to pull the front clip and do the engine bay because the engine
      detail is making the bay look bad. LOL It always starts out as a carb rebuilt and escalates from there!

The 66 482 project is where my heart is but just so much other stuff to do. Hard to keep up with it all. Closing in on it though as just finished a major project yesterday.

Priorities, priorities lls

updates? i see you have a shelby, are you over on svtp too? great looking project, i just got rid of my shelby and this project has me considering doing a resto mod on a 74 f100 in the back yard, good looking work.

great looking truck. I have always been a fan of the F-100. The first vehicle I lerned how to drive was a 66 F-100 my father used as a shop truck.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt d View Post
      updates? i see you have a shelby, are you over on svtp too? great looking project, i just got rid of my shelby and this project has me considering doing a resto mod on a 74 f100 in the back yard, good looking work.
      I have been away from home for nearly a month and 2 months on another project. It was Just today when I emailed Dave @ Schott wheels to say I am ready to go on the wheels.

I recently sold my KR and also my '32 3w coupe. Trying to clear out so I can get serious about finishing this truck. With only 1 project to deal with instead of a bunch it should make things much more simple.

Today was first time since my last post I had time to even think about this project. Amazing someone should ask the same day I decide to go at it again!

We have had our house for sale for nearly 4yrs and today had a little nibble. If that happens it will be panic mode trying to get things done in short order before a move because I may not be blessed with such a nice home shop setup at the next place. I promise more very soon.

A couple of the current almost done project a ORIGINAL PAINT 1965 Deluxe Camper Special which I pulled the engine on Memorial Day to fix a couple oil leaks. Like most projects I get my hands into they balloon to major projects.

Just sold this on Thursday (Monterey)

This one is gone as of a week ago

Need to slim down the heard a bit more but getting there.

badass truck!

I love these truck..my uncle had 66 LWB 390 C/6..we rode it tha back of that thing everywhere
      Dave

Update Time

Its been far too long since I had a chance to work on this project but today was the day! Hopefully now I can keep at it for a while.

Finally got the solid roller lifters and custom pushrods. Installed along with the intake, rockers have to be shimmed for proper alignment with valve stem and to make sure the pushrods clear the holes in intake manifold.

Valves are now adjusted, oil added and primed. Hopefully within the next couple weeks I can fire it... A couple pics of todays progress.

I am getting a tad excited to say the least as this has been a dream since 1966.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com