Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 128

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      memphis
      Posts
      341
      I love these truck..my uncle had 66 LWB 390 C/6..we rode it tha back of that thing everywhere

      Dave


    2. #2
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Phoenix AZ
      Posts
      169
      Country Flag: United States

      Update Time

      Its been far too long since I had a chance to work on this project but today was the day! Hopefully now I can keep at it for a while.

      Finally got the solid roller lifters and custom pushrods. Installed along with the intake, rockers have to be shimmed for proper alignment with valve stem and to make sure the pushrods clear the holes in intake manifold.

      Valves are now adjusted, oil added and primed. Hopefully within the next couple weeks I can fire it... A couple pics of todays progress.

      I am getting a tad excited to say the least as this has been a dream since 1966.




    3. #3
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Phoenix AZ
      Posts
      169
      Country Flag: United States
      Oh Wow, Going on 6 years since a update. Had some major issue's with PhotoBucket, All the pic links were lost. Thought I would revive this thread as so much has happened since.

      In next week will try to figure out how to replace the lost links.

      Our Spokane house sold February of 2011. Moved into apartment. Made the move back to Phoenix stayed in a rental with no room for projects. Then finally bought a house in Phoenix with a decent yard but crappy garage. It has taken a long time to get going again. Then health issue's kicked in. Lost nearly 6 years. I now have 2 other MAJOR projects I have started.

      This is what the '66 427 Project truck looks like now.







    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com