Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 128

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Phoenix AZ
      Posts
      169
      Country Flag: United States
      A few pics. Wheel I was going to use to try to stay within my 25k budget
      This is a 10" x 15 Steel with NOS OEM Hubcap. Wheel would have been powdercoated or painted body color (orange)

      Next is a 18" x 9 put in place to see what it would look like. I think the 18's would be as large a wheel as I would use. Total height is 1" taller than other tire pictured 25.5 vs 26.5. I still need to figure out exactly which tires and wheels to use.





      Comparing the diff tires/wheels. It for sure needs something other than original plan.






    2. #2
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Phoenix AZ
      Posts
      169
      Country Flag: United States
      Another issue I ran into is the I beams. The DJM's were absolute junk (the silver splatter paint version) The dark/black are current AIM's.

      Turns out the AIM's are giving me 2"+ additional track throwing off all my measurements which came from the stock beam.



      Here you can see how crappy the DJM beams were. Welded together so crooked and the main part where kingpin is is just plates tacked together along with having .050" of slop in pins. Also there was no caster built in and was different side to side. Sent em' back as scrap.






      Here is a better engine pic (my camera lens is toast and does not want to focus) also a rear spring mount prior to going off to powder coater






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com