Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 59 of 121 FirstFirst ... 9 49 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 69 109 ... LastLast
    Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2412
    1. #1161
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Location
      Austin, Tx.
      Posts
      1,539
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Hows the Bug coming Ray?
      Little by little... the project is gettin' there...

      It's the tale of the workin' man... travel, catch up at work and home, carve out some money for the project, work on the car, travel, catch up at work and home, carve out some money for the project, work on the car, etc, etc...

      I'm learning to deal with things with a lot more patience then I thought I would ever have to! I want it done right away and it CAN'T for a number of reasons (budget, schedule, energy)... But I'm in it for the long haul so it will get there eventually!

      BTW, GREAT PICS!!! It looks like you guys had a blast!

      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

    2. #1162
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Woodstock, Ga
      Posts
      695
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks like a hell of a lot of fun!

      I really like the picture of you and Mike on page 23 picture nasajuly-05828.JPG

      Would be a good motivational picture for the joy of accomplished projects.

      Robert

    3. #1163
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Yeah Robert, Mike was joking that the only thing that would make it better would be if his car was in front. I might get this pic blown up.

      Ron Schwarz

    4. #1164
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rustburg, Virginia
      Posts
      3,436
      Country Flag: United States
      I wonder how much weight is on those right side tires....LOL

      Looks like it's biting pretty hard.
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454


    5. #1165
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Crofton, MD
      Posts
      160
      That's an awesome pic Ron!

      GM EFI Tuner
      1980 Z28 Pro-touring project - sold
      2002 Trans Am 9.41 at 143mph on pump gas and drag radials - sold

    6. #1166
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Chandler, Az (from west NE)
      Posts
      240
      Country Flag: United States
      Car looks great, Ron.
      Ric

      2002 s10, DD and AutoX.
      1966 Malibu owned since 1971. Drag car converting to track toy!

    7. #1167
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Always hated the nose on this car, thought I would try something different. Cobbled this together with cardboard and blue painters tape, figured I would try the most simple first. It would have a splitter attached to the bottom of it. What do you think? seems a little boring to me. I'll try another style tomorrow, need to find one I like, because I will still have to make a mold,then the part out of fiberglass.





      .
      Ron Schwarz

    8. #1168
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      3,355
      Country Flag: United States
      That looks pretty good. I think the opening in the new bumper should mimic the shape of the grille or be completely different. I realize that this is a rough mock up. The blue painters tape actually looks pretty close to the grabber blue.

      The other thing you could do to get some ideas on the front bumper design would be to get a rendering done. But that might break the budget for the build.
      Stephen

    9. #1169
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      Rockford Illinois
      Posts
      3,949
      Country Flag: United States
      Hi Ron, since it is just painters tape you could put 2 or 3 vertical dividers in the slot and see what it looks like ? If you put them in it would allow you to make the piece a little lighter and still not have it distort at 150 mph. It would also make it so it didn't resemble the upper part as much. The splitter will really give it more of a aero look and if you do it in black it would be a good contrast from the ground up.

      Lookin good !!!!
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

    10. #1170
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      would look great! much better than before
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    11. #1171
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      253
      Country Flag: United States
      Agreed, much better! Heck, just leave the painters tape and run it as-is! Repairs will be so much cheaper....

    12. #1172
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      TN
      Posts
      959
      I'm thinking that painters tape won't handle the high speeds very well.. :D

      That looks like it should work.. But you might want to do something different with the lower opening.
      Benjamin

      Twin Dusters
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Aero Duster" project
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Daily Duster" project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...RO-DUSTER-quot

    13. #1173
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I was thinking about taking the bottom 2 inches along the length of the bumper and stepping it back about 1.5 inches, then having the splitter on the bottom of the recessed section. That will be version 1.2. I wish were better at photo shop, or had the skills of Chip Foose.

      Ron Schwarz


    14. #1174
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rustburg, Virginia
      Posts
      3,436
      Country Flag: United States
      Can't wait to see it with the splitter in place.....looks great


      go on, DUIT!
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454


    15. #1175
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Roanoke (FortWorth) Texas
      Posts
      786
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      I was thinking about taking the bottom 2 inches along the length of the bumper and stepping it back about 1.5 inches, then having the splitter on the bottom of the recessed section. That will be version 1.2. I wish were better at photo shop, or had the skills of Chip Foose.
      IMHO I think it needs this. It would look much better.
      Chris

      Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

    16. #1176
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      AZ
      Posts
      801
      Country Flag: United States
      You'll probably want to swap out the painters tape for blue duct tape for rev.2, that stuff can take 200mph ya know. ;)

    17. #1177
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Location
      Chattanooga, TN
      Posts
      291
      My 2 cents is less is more on that front end. It kinda looks like Jay Lenos chin haha. With the bigger cowl hood and wicked flared fenders it tends to make the front look bulbous if that makes any sense?

      I realize this is the same bumper you have but sheck out the tapered effect of the front splitter and how it slims the massive flares on this 66.
      sportscarmag.com
      I couldn't find more info or a better pic sorry.

      I Freakin love this car!
      Stephen S.
      1967 Ford Mustang 4.7L, T5

    18. #1178
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Posts
      333
      I've always disliked that opening on the early Shelby valences, looks like one big hole in the front of the car, even with a bumper splitting it up. So I think you are on the right path. I don't think you should "recess" the bottom that will just create extra drag and possibly reduce not increase downforce. I like what you have I would mimic the shape up the upper opening or make it a little more like the bottom opening on the late model (2004+ ) shelbys, you know flat on top but curved corners ont he bottom. Like someone said less is more and keep it simple. Tie that off with a splitter and it will look nice.

    19. #1179
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Posts
      464
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      FINALLY!, got all the oil leak stopped. The oil tank which I got off Ebay,had a hairline crack in it which I could not find, only leaked when it got hot. Was hoping to have the new grill and front bumper made before Motorstate, but it looks like thats not going to happen. This is turning into the one step forward and two steps back project. Ron

      It's not that I have been completely hidden under a rock, but this shot of your build is awesome. I have seen plenty of track shots of the car but these kind shots get my motor running.

    20. #1180
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rustburg, Virginia
      Posts
      3,436
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by MSTSFabbed View Post
      I realize this is the same bumper you have but sheck out the tapered effect of the front splitter and how it slims the massive flares on this 66.
      sportscarmag.com
      I couldn't find more info or a better pic sorry.

      I Freakin love this car!
      Here's the pic...

      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454


    Page 59 of 121 FirstFirst ... 9 49 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 69 109 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com