Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 ... LastLast
    Results 401 to 420 of 949
    1. #401
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Going to try to update this thread tonight as I have been slacking.

      08-26-16 Update

      So I finally finished the trunk last weekend.







      We (Shadow & I) install the DEI Boom.







      My daughter did come out to make us laugh a couple times.





      However she did leave when clean up time was upon us.



      - - - Updated - - -

      09-08-16 Update

      This is a case of "while your there, you might as well"

      Ride-Tech does a really nice job with the hardware they supply for the Tiger Cage however, I just wanted to
      use ARP hardware because it looks so much nicer then the supplied bolts.




      - - - Updated - - -

      09-11-16 Update

      As most of my friends know I am a little bit ADD and I tend to over think thinks and organize projects before I start especially when I have someone coming over to help me.

      Step 1 is to get the dog bed and lay all the hardware out by size.



      Step 2 well I didn't plan for this and a trip to the local Sears hardware was necessary. Needed to get a wire wheel for the bench grinder so I could clean up the clamps as they oxidized a little bit over the last couple years.



      First step was to put the trunk bars in which went fairly well.



      Oh that's Mike working in the inside of the car. We figured it was my car so I should be the one inside the trunk.





      We also installed the Kicker 6 x 9 Speakers.



      Since I did all 12 point hardware on Syborg I wanted to do 6 point ARP's throughout this car.

      We also installed a new package tray with a slightly different look.



      Uniting the hoop to the down bars is pretty straight forward. Just make sure you install the clamps on the correct side as they are side specific and there is a left and right half that must go together.



      Quick reference is the "T" faces up.



      In order for the clamps to look nice the lower clamps are a tight to the body which take a little extra time to tighten.



      Door Bars installed and cage is in.



      - - - Updated - - -

      09-11-16 Update

      Many years ago I purchased this heel plate from www.autovation.net and had plans to put it in the truck. However, it never made it in so now it's going
      in 2nd chance. I will be dropping the car off at the local interior shop and have them make floor mats with these built into them.



      I also suffed the rear seats back in the car just to get them off my garage floor.



      - - - Updated - - -

      09-14-16 Update

      Moving to the rear of the car.

      The first and second trunk seal both sucked. So I took a gamble and bought a third version and it fits perfectly. It doesn't even need glue to stay in place and the best news is I can close the trunk without having to slam it.



      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    2. #402
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      10-06-16 Update

      Continuing to the rear of the car I have always felt that the tail panel needed to be black. So a quick call to Larry the Paint & Body guy and we both agreed it needed to be black.

      So the minute his schedule opened up I would drive the car over.


















      - - - Updated - - -

      10-06-16 Update

      Where the bike rack bungs meet the body paint chipped a little bit. Nice easy solution was to paint the bungs black. I am also thinking about putting a circular warning sticker around the bungs before I put the bike tray back on.

      Ps looking for ideas for the warning sticker





      - - - Updated - - -

      10-06-16 Update

      I almost forgot (just like Kenny) Larry installed the passenger side mirror on the car for me.





      Ps For anyone that doesn't know Kenny he hates mirrors and headrests. So the fact that my car had two headrests and a drivers side mirror when it came home was pretty shocking. What is a little more shocking is the fact that he painted both mirrors and actually sent them home with the car.

      - - - Updated - - -

      10-09-16 Update

      Getting a little closer.



      Need to get that bumper on the floor back on the car and over to the left a little bit.



      Thus the reason Mike is doing this.



      Fits a little better not perfect but good enough for a driver.



      Picked up this little trinket at Good-Guys Pleasonton, Ca



      - - - Updated - - -

      So next on the list of to do was to put the rear 4 point restraint in which meant we needed to put the rear side panels in. Let's just say this sucked as we had to undo the Tiger Cage partially so we could put them in. It involved a ratchet strap, Mike almost losing his fingers and us saying OMG that close.

      This was side that scared the crap out of us.







      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    3. #403
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      10-06-16 Update

      Moving on.

      Time to finally install the rear seat belts that I had custom made from Seat Belt Planet. You get to pick everything from colors of material to finishes on the buckles. The best part is the belts are DOT legal.

      Prior to this I ran a tap thru the outside bolts.



      This is how it looked without the belts.











      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    4. #404
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Posts
      62
      Country Flag: United States
      Great looking project. i love the hints of carbon fiber. Not too much and just enough. Where did you get your gas and brake pedal from?

    5. #405
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Chit-ca-go
      Posts
      472
      Looking great Marty!
      1971 Firebird
      2017 Slipstream SS

    6. #406
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 69chevelle540 View Post
      Great looking project. i love the hints of carbon fiber. Not too much and just enough. Where did you get your gas and brake pedal from?
      Thank you very much I really appreciate the kind words.

      The pedals came from "Precision Billet" however they are no longer making them. The good news is I purchased a full kit which included clutch pedal and clutch reservoir. So if I ever decide to put a manual trans in the car I will have matching pedals.

      Quote Originally Posted by cpd004 View Post
      Looking great Marty!
      Thank you
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    7. #407
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      McKinney, TX
      Posts
      1,623
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks great, one of my favorite projects on here
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

    8. #408
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
      Looks great, one of my favorite projects on here
      Wow, Thank you very much.

      ps I have followed your thread since it began and I love seeing all of your update. The first car that I set out to build when I was much younger was a Mustang as I had tons of great memory's riding around in my Grandma's car as a kid. Oddly enough I never found one and sooner or later I am going to buy or build one. For now I will just keep watching your thread and looking at Mike's car in his garage as I have no time or money to start another project.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    9. #409
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Location
      Portland, OR
      Posts
      357
      Great updates!! That NYE emblem was a blast from the past I grew up in Anchorage and Fairbanks.

      1973 Firebird 466 Pontiac, T56, C5 Brakes, PTFB and Hotchkis suspension
      2011 Camaro SS Supercharged, ZL1 body and brakes, Z28 suspension.


    10. #410
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 70Uglybird View Post
      Great updates!! That NYE emblem was a blast from the past I grew up in Anchorage and Fairbanks.
      Thank you and that's cool that you grew up in Anchorage.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    11. #411
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      It looks good Marty, Nice job.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    12. #412
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      orlando fl
      Posts
      419
      This car is beautiful! I admire your work very much!

    13. #413
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Posts
      17
      Country Flag: United States
      Your car is incredible! And your garage too!

    14. #414
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      It looks good Marty, Nice job.
      Thank you

      Quote Originally Posted by yellow1098 View Post
      This car is beautiful! I admire your work very much!
      Thank you however I have a great group of guys & girls help me with this car and without them this car wouldn't be what it is.

      Quote Originally Posted by VillainNova View Post
      Your car is incredible! And your garage too!
      Thank you for the compliments on the car and the garage. The garage has had many transformations for the better and this update is my favorite.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    15. #415
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      New Hampshire
      Posts
      85
      Country Flag: United States
      Hi Marty, how are the rear seat belts bolted to the package tray? You just bolt them to the tray itself or did you add plating above and below to strengthen the area?

      Thanks,
      Matt

      Matt from NH
      70 Camaro
      Project Wicked Pissa https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...t-Wicked-Pissa

    16. #416
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by mdes0 View Post
      Hi Marty, how are the rear seat belts bolted to the package tray? You just bolt them to the tray itself or did you add plating above and below to strengthen the area?

      Thanks,
      Matt
      Hi Matt,

      I had the guys at High Speed Welding weld bung in the package tray for this exact reason way back in July in 2011








      The other lead I can offer is for 3 point seat belts is Morris Classic Concepts as they have a specific DOT approved kit for the front and rear
      for most of the popular old cars. (( www.morrisclassic.com )) They also offer them in custom colors as well.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    17. #417
      Join Date
      Nov 2002
      Location
      Georgetown,TX
      Posts
      2,557
      What's the latest on your project, Marty?

    18. #418
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by USAZR1 View Post
      What's the latest on your project, Marty?
      Okay I need to update this thread like now.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    19. #419
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Jumping back to March 01 2017

      So I'm back at again with a project this time. I wanted the bike tray black so I disassembled it and took the tray and the two mounts for the car to Jay over at ProTek Powder Coating.

      The new tray allows me to easily fit the Fat bike.







      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    20. #420
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Next up was suppose to be a simple project. Swap out two bolts with a nice set of ARP stainless bolts.

      Very important tip here use plenty and I mean plenty of Anti-seize. I can't stress this enough as I assure you these two bolts are never coming out of here.



      It's always nice to have a furry friend helping Mike and I. It's true dogs do reduce stress just ask Mike.







      - - - Updated - - -

      Mike & I started swapping out the ridetech hardware for ARP Hardware. Totally Stainless sells complete kits for pretty much ever suspension set up on the market. It's not cheap but it sure does look nice.

      It's the perfect contrast for this car as I plan to let the paint continue to Patina. I have no interest in perfect paint as I want to be able to lean on the car just like I did when I was 16 leaning on my buddy Kens car.















      Before



      After



      Instead of bolting the seats from top down I would much rather have studs coming up from the bottom. So off to sears for some grade 8. 5/16 x 1 1/4 bolts, washers and nuts.


      I ran a tap up from the bottom to get some of the DEI Boom Mat and sound deadening out of the threads.



      Nice clean look from the underside of the car.



      It's a much cleaner look

      - - - Updated - - -

      03-06-17 Update

      Found a few hours on Sunday to work on the 70. My goal was to get the tail light harness laid out and the harness bar on the Tiger Cage installed.



      Once again don't forget the Anti-Seize.



      Harness bar is in and since the rear seat is really just for show I did my best to lay the belts out neatly.



      Okay this is what I call BS I need four of these 7/16 bolts. Guess what I have three.



      Since I couldn't find the lap belt bolts either I decided to lay them out neatly do I could see what it would look like if I actually finished this project.

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com