Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 578

    Thread: 69 GTO Build

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Location
      Beaverton, Oregon
      Posts
      29
      Country Flag: United States
      This is my wife's favorite car. I will have to follow this one for sure! Good decision replacing the whole back 1/4s... yuck!

      Air/Hydraulic tube benders, Drill Press Reduction Kits, Die Sets, Tubing Notchers! All made in the USA


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      st. paul mn.
      Posts
      438
      I do not envy you one bit rust repair just plain sucks it is alot better after sandblasting but it still sucks. looks like you are going to put a cage in it? where did you get the cage and how does it fit? let us know when you get to it.was the firewall piece a bought piece or self fabricated?

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      N. Shore, Ma
      Posts
      346
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by E.rodz View Post
      I do not envy you one bit rust repair just plain sucks it is alot better after sandblasting but it still sucks. looks like you are going to put a cage in it? where did you get the cage and how does it fit? let us know when you get to it.was the firewall piece a bought piece or self fabricated?
      Yeah I wish there was an easy way to do rust repair, it does suck.
      Autoweld in PA made the cage, looks like I need to modify the bends on the a pillar to get a tighter fit.
      Link to site up on post #9.
      ABC Performance in Michigan made the firewall panel.
      http://abcperformance.net/firewall%2...%20panels.html
      Eric
      Building 1969 GTO - Roadster Shop chassis, LQ9 w LS3 heads and rebuild parts from TSP, Bowler prepped Magnum T56 6 spd, 3 Link Strange 9" w Speedway Floater Hubs, Wilwood 14" F - 13" R brakes, 275.18 - 345.19
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/94970-69-GTO-Build

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      N. Shore, Ma
      Posts
      346
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by RogueFab View Post
      This is my wife's favorite car. I will have to follow this one for sure! Good decision replacing the whole back 1/4s... yuck!
      I will be done with the sheetmetal work soon I keep telling myself! But mini tubs and floors are next.
      Eric
      Building 1969 GTO - Roadster Shop chassis, LQ9 w LS3 heads and rebuild parts from TSP, Bowler prepped Magnum T56 6 spd, 3 Link Strange 9" w Speedway Floater Hubs, Wilwood 14" F - 13" R brakes, 275.18 - 345.19
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/94970-69-GTO-Build



    Tags for this Thread


    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com