Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Results 21 to 22 of 22

    Thread: Reactor No.4

    1. #21
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      49
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by LERM View Post
      Its awesome that you can fix the trans yourself. Even cooler, now I know that you are a resource for when I give it a shot myself! I have a t3550 in the corner of my shop that needs fixed, I plan to go through it when I get caught up on my other 1001 unfinished projects.
      Yeah man, I always happy to help where I can. First time I have ever rebuilt a manual transmission actually. T5 was rather straight forward, not something I think would be hard for anyone with good mechanical sense and a little experience. I would like to acquire a T56 and a few other transmissions and rebuild those as well. I have two more T5s, one will be for the cougar, and a AOD that ill get around to doing after all my 1001 projects and hobbies are sorted out. It'll happen sooner or later but i need to make some room first!
      I'm happy to report that the T5 did not blow up or fail catastrophically, knock on wood, and it shifts nice and smooth. No leaks or vibrations or anything questionable,.. so check that off the list I guess. On to the cam...

      Quote Originally Posted by Josh@ridetech View Post
      Nice job! I'd like to see the IRS install as well.
      Thanks! I don't actually have very many pictures of installing it but I am going to swap in some new gears and a fresh set of clutches. I am planing on taking more pictures while I go through a few more minor modifications as well. It has been a lot of fun driving a full independent suspension with a V8 power plant. I have only ever really driven solid axle cars and it drives completely different. It handles the power nicely but I can still brake the tires loose easily enough and I haven't experienced any axle hop..
      I am going to swap the cam thats in it however, as the one thats in the engine now is just stupid for a daily driver; way over-camed. I am just going to put a stock HO cam in and move on to ignition and fuel because those are the two areas very little modification has been made.



    2. #22
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Prescott, AZ
      Posts
      206
      Country Flag: United States
      T-tops are AWESOME. Cant wait to see what else is in store! That welder is going to make your life much easier, too.

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com