Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 22

    Thread: Reactor No.4

    Threaded View

    1. #14
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      49
      Country Flag: United States

      T5 Rebuild

      So finally got around to rebuilding the transmission,.. well I'm in the process anyway. The transmission that was in my donor failed shortly after I bought it and I put in a used one. I was having to be really gentle going into second and third; had to let the rpm's come way down before shifting. It had also started leaking and got noisy as a result. So, I took it out and disassembled it.





      All taken apart....


      .... second gear is badly worn


      reverse idler gear took a hit


      Luckily I do have a few T5's on hand to cannibalize for parts. I'll see if I can get a second gear out of one of them along with the idler gear. New synchros and bearings have already been purchase along with a few other choice items which should make for a nice stout box when it's all said and done. I'll take some more pictures of the process for all the voyeurs out there, hehe.





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com