Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 99 of 121 FirstFirst ... 49 89 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 109 ... LastLast
    Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2412
    1. #1961
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Was clueless at first, took a minute, before I spied the Dr. Pepper can in the car.

      Quote Originally Posted by Hunter68 View Post
      am i the only one who thought "dr. pepper, its not for women!"
      Ron Schwarz

    2. #1962
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Hardyston,NJ
      Posts
      79
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      I don't see any reason you couldn't put that setup on a factory core support. It took like 8 hours to fab that thing, getting the angles right is crusial, because the hood has to lift up before it pivots back so it can clear the grill. I remember I made that hood bracing out of an old bed frame, (makes me giggle) what a peice!

      The car has changed alot since then, I had alot of fun making something out of nothing . Unfortunatly I'm back to my normal call and order it self, kind of miss the $5000 budget. On a side note, I hadn't looked in a while but this cheesey, low dollar build thread that I thought no one would care about, has almost 400,000 hits. Goes to show you Pro Touring is not all high dollar super shiney show peices.
      Thanks for the info. Ill be looking to fab up these hinges when I get a fiberglass hood for my 69 Coupe.

    3. #1963
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      1,465
      Oh Hell now it's civilize dude,,,,,I loved it all Raw and Mighty.... Mind you I didn't have to wear scuba gear in Michigan a couple years back LOL...

      On a serious note,,, looks good buddy (as always)... You coming to RTTOS???? I'm doing some BBQing & cooking ;-)....
      Carbon Kustoms Limited
      A.K.A. Albert from Toronto

    4. #1964
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Yeah that was a wild storm with no windows or wipers.

      It looks like I can make it to RTTOS, hoping to roll in Fri. evening.
      Ron Schwarz

    5. #1965
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Woodstock, Ga
      Posts
      695
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Yeah that was a wild storm with no windows or wipers.

      It looks like I can make it to RTTOS, hoping to roll in Fri. evening.
      Cool, glad to hear. It's going to be a great time!

      Robert

    6. #1966
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Finishing up a few things that have been an issue for a while. Under extreme braking, and cornering, the oil from the dry sump tank would slosh up into the oil vent lines, filling the vent tank, then puke out the breather on to the headers. Couldn't find anything that would work, so in true $5000 Budget Mustang fashion, I cut up an old GM air conditioning drier, shaped it into a surge tank with multiple baffles, and fittings. Worked out pretty well, its always nice when you can put the fittings right where you want them. I powder coated it wrinkle black to match the vent tank.









      Ron Schwarz

    7. #1967
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Posts
      228
      1965th post. Just sayin.

    8. #1968
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Posts
      228
      I mean, 1966th. But this is 1967th. I screwed that up.

    9. #1969
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      5
      Country Flag: United States
      I saw Ron and the mustang for the first time in person. The pictures just don't do this car justice. After reading all about your car it was nice to see it and meet you. Thanks for letting me check out those seats.
      Matt

    10. #1970
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Good meeting you Matt, that was a nice cruise up there, I'm glad my buddy Mike talked me into it.
      Ron Schwarz

    11. #1971
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      193
      Country Flag: United States
      Ron S,

      Man you do some awesome work. Just read through this entire thread over the weekend and have to say that this IS hot rodding. The drive to make better parts, your ingenuity, fabrication...Its all way above the level that most guys consider a hot rod. I would like to congratule you on the overall look and performance of your ride and want to say that you've inspired me to snatch the body off my car and start a Street/Racecar myself. Thanks for going all out and showing what can be done in our hobby by dedication and perserverance.
      Asa Walker
      Houston, TX

    12. #1972
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Location
      Katy, Tx
      Posts
      309
      Country Flag: United States
      This is such a great build thread...

    13. #1973
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      2,996
      Country Flag: United States
      I like the work that you did with the rear end cooler. Nice work.


      1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

    14. #1974
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      795
      A little birdie told me it was blazing fast at RTOS and a completely different car from the changes that were made. Drifting at 110 mph...the man has big balls

    15. #1975
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      193
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Payton King View Post
      A little birdie told me it was blazing fast at RTOS and a completely different car from the changes that were made. Drifting at 110 mph...the man has big balls
      I'd like to see that.
      Asa Walker
      Houston, TX

    16. #1976
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      213
      Country Flag: Canada
      I hope you mean you'd like to see the drifting......

      This is a great thread, has pretty much made me decide to build a 69 Camaro like this for the track after I finish my street car.

      Keith

    17. #1977
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Posts
      301
      Country Flag: France
      Working on the 100's page! Still bluffed, even though the budget might be slightly off, this car is amazing and the quarter and fenders should be duplicated for others to have fun too! (Hint, hint!)

      Good Jon Ron!
      1972 Nova " Hotwhilz Special"

      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...t&goto=newpost Under the knife!

    18. #1978
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Huntington Beach, CA
      Posts
      2,420
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Payton King View Post
      A little birdie told me it was blazing fast at RTOS and a completely different car from the changes that were made. Drifting at 110 mph...the man has big balls
      Ok spill the beans I want to hear about this! Even better if there is video or photos to embellish the story with!
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

      Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

    19. #1979
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Payton King View Post
      A little birdie told me it was blazing fast at RTOS and a completely different car from the changes that were made. Drifting at 110 mph...the man has big balls
      It was a fun weekend, I so have to get a GoPro. When I came off the track, someone asked if I was a dirt track driver. I was following Kyle Tuckers lead, saw him sideways in front of me most of the day. As tight as the car used to be, I can't beleive its the same car. Honestly, I was having so much fun roasting the tires at speed, I'm sure it slowed me down some. I do hope somebody got some good video. We need to get an official video guy for the series.

      Ron Schwarz


    20. #1980
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      193
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by keithq69 View Post
      I hope you mean you'd like to see the drifting......

      This is a great thread, has pretty much made me decide to build a 69 Camaro like this for the track after I finish my street car.

      Keith
      Canadians and their humor...of course I meant the driving.
      Asa Walker
      Houston, TX

    Page 99 of 121 FirstFirst ... 49 89 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 109 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com