Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 100 of 121 FirstFirst ... 50 90 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 110 ... LastLast
    Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2412
    1. #1981
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryville, TN
      Posts
      844
      I like the window upgrades. I was just thinking the other day that when you get tired of this car and sell it to me, I'd be putting some sort of interior in it. I guess if we put that off long enough... you may do it for me.



      Dan
      A.K.A: That bald guy
      Find me on Facebook or my personal website.

      - 67 Camaro: Current Project Car


    2. #1982
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      457
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      It was a fun weekend, I so have to get a GoPro. When I came off the track, someone asked if I was a dirt track driver. I was following Kyle Tuckers lead, saw him sideways in front of me most of the day. As tight as the car used to be, I can't beleive its the same car. Honestly, I was having so much fun roasting the tires at speed, I'm sure it slowed me down some. I do hope somebody got some good video. We need to get an official video guy for the series.
      I agree about needing an official video guy. I'm no drifter, but damn if I didnt find myself hangin the back end out everywhere! I can only imagine you guys with 100-200-300 more horsepower than me!!
      Justin Snow

    3. #1983
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Kyle was saying after about 4 laps the tires went away, so you needed to come in to let them cool down. He was right, the car became a hand full once the tires went away. The set up was so new in the car I wanted to see how it would act, and how predictable it would be. Early in the day spun the car once, while Kyle was chasing me, I got all excited, and rolled on the throttle too hard in the turn, total driver error. I know it was the track, but I have never drifted anything like that at speed, it was a hoot. I know the sliding slows you down, and in the future I need to get more serious, but that was a crazy fun weekend.
      Ron Schwarz

    4. #1984
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      1
      Country Flag: United States
      Where did u get them made, the fender flares???? u made them youe self??? Im a Fire fighter in the air force, dont have a lot of $$$ but how can i get somwthing like that? Cj ponys are to wide i need like 2-3 inch flare

    5. #1985
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      795
      Ron's daughter is getting married so he is a little tied up. Go back and look at the start of this thread and you will see he went through a couple of different styles until he settled on the ones he has now. Yes he made them and they are metal.

    6. #1986
      Join Date
      Nov 2002
      Location
      state of confusion
      Posts
      1,499
      Country Flag: United States
      Kyle - wait until you find out what else Ron fabbed up himself (and I'm not going to spoil it by saying what).


      Norm
      '08 GT coupe, 5M, suspension unstockish (the occasional track toy)
      '19 WRX, Turbo-H4/6M (the family sedan . . . seriously)
      Gone but not forgotten dep't:
      '01 Maxima 20AE 5M, '10 LGT 6M, '95 626, V6/5M; '79 Malibu, V8/4M-5M; '87 Maxima, V6/5M; '72 Pinto, I4/4M; '64 Dodge V8/3A

    7. #1987
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Tampabay, Florida
      Posts
      78
      Country Flag: United States
      I was wondering where he was... now I know

    8. #1988
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Posts
      34
      Country Flag: United States
      Good stuff man, thats what its about competing and having tons of fun.

    9. #1989
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Crofton, MD
      Posts
      160
      Hey Ron - how is it going? Haven't heard from you since you called me about the tuning on the new engine... Hope all is well!

      GM EFI Tuner
      1980 Z28 Pro-touring project - sold
      2002 Trans Am 9.41 at 143mph on pump gas and drag radials - sold

    10. #1990
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Things are going good Brett, hows that bundle of joy doing?

      Kind of busy on a new project, will be calling you to tune it in the not to distant future.
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...tal-full-frame
      Ron Schwarz

    11. #1991
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Crofton, MD
      Posts
      160
      Lyla is doing great - 19 months old already - total Daddy's girl! She loves race cars already - imagine that... She takes her little cars on the floor and drag races them making car sounds - and I didn't even teach her that - must be in the genes. Looking forward to getting her a Jr dragster one day. Also have some more big news - she is going to have a baby brother in October! We were about to give up on her having a brother or sister, and it happened! At our age, if it didn't happen soon after Lyla, it wasn't going to - he snuck in before Daddy could get to the snip-snip LOL!

      I'll check out the thread on the new one - you mentioned you were starting another one when we spoke... Let me know on the tuning!

      GM EFI Tuner
      1980 Z28 Pro-touring project - sold
      2002 Trans Am 9.41 at 143mph on pump gas and drag radials - sold

    12. #1992
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      4
      Country Flag: United States
      Hey Ron have read through your entire post and loved what you did! Was wondering on how you determined the suspension mounting locations? The reason I ask is because I'm working on a 67 mustang coupe and planning on swapping the c5 front suspension along with the transaxle and rear suspension(got a deal on everything and couldn't pass it up). Was thinking if I could get the mounting data I can draw up and test the frame on CAD and get everything perfect before I start fabricating.

      Thanks Josh

    13. #1993
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Mine was based off the C5 Vette, but I don't have any mounting data.
      Ron Schwarz

    14. #1994
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      4
      Country Flag: United States
      so you used the stock mounting locations?

    15. #1995
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Yankton, SD
      Posts
      240
      Country Flag: United States
      Best advice I can give is to read lots of books, model the parts and position them according to what you read and design your frame around them. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

    16. #1996
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Yeah, the mounting points are stock C5.

      It is alot easier to base the suspension off factory geometry, and give yourself a little more adjustment then the factory did.
      Ron Schwarz

    17. #1997
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      4
      Country Flag: United States
      okay ill try and find the x,y,z points for the c5 and work the frame around those.
      thanks for the help

    18. #1998
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Lodi, California
      Posts
      3
      Country Flag: United States
      Hey Ron, just wanted to say I love your stang. It's gotta be the best one out there. Awesome build! I was wondering if you could make a YouTube video of the car. Maybe a walk around or anything that shows the current progress? Thanks man!

    19. #1999
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      The rear is out of the car right now, out being straightened. Moser put a back brace on it when they built it and sort of toed it out a bit, and I'm doing a gear, and posi unit swap while its out. Have some prettying up to do also, but should be ready for optima. I'll post some pics when I get a chance, been working twelve hour days for the last two months, butt is kinda dragging.
      Ron Schwarz

    20. #2000
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      255
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by BADDRIDE II View Post

      Ron, just a suggestion but from experience I have seen snouts move slightly from originally installed "straight" or "cambered" position from putting this much heat so close to the tube/snout end, if one snout moves slightly one way.....and the other side moves the other, it could definately be enough to cause premature wear on drive plate/axle spline/diff spline. May want to double check "through alignment" if snouts were originally installed straight to verify perfect alignment? Good luck!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Rechecked the the housing straightness with my rear narrowing jig, which was OK, the axles slid right in. The tig welding helps because you can keep the heat down. The 5 bolts kind of suprised me too, its really no different then the 5 lugs that hold any rotor on, it is the standard of the stock car industry. It is all shear load, no lateral forces at all, I will keep a close eye on them though.
      Quote Originally Posted by BADDRIDE II View Post
      Cool Ron, easier to check now and adjust if needed, than after paint/powder coat. I was not sure if you would see a difference or not, typically its just a caliper bracket that only gets a weld around 1/2 the tube which seems to pull slightly but since this was a 360 weld I imagine it does act equally as you have proved.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      The rear is out of the car right now, out being straightened. Moser put a back brace on it when they built it and sort of toed it out a bit, and I'm doing a gear, and posi unit swap while its out. Have some prettying up to do also, but should be ready for optima. I'll post some pics when I get a chance, been working twelve hour days for the last two months, butt is kinda dragging.
      Ron, I thought you checked for straightness/alignment after you welded the parking brake brackets on? How did you come to realize it was "toed"?

      I have a set of snouts on the shelf calling your name
      Jay

      "Owner....fastest car on jackstands!"

    Page 100 of 121 FirstFirst ... 50 90 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 110 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com