Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 74
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      228

      '67 Camaro SCCA build

      Hi everyone,
      I haven't posted much but have been doing a lot of reading on this site over the past year or more. Learned a lot of great things from the experiences of the generous members here.

      Bought my '67 Camaro yesterday and am finally about to get started. Since I'm on a lot of different message boards, I've decided to detail the build on my own site, this way I only have to update a single message board instead of several.

      Here's the link:
      http://www.rhoadescamaro.com/build

      If you have any questions about it, feel free to email [email protected]

      Thanks again to everyone for all you've shared!

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      Vinland Kansas,66006
      Posts
      647
      Country Flag: United States
      Good luck with your build.And keep posting so we can check back in.Scott.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      san diego
      Posts
      5,101
      Country Flag: United States
      Sounds like a fun project, maybe I will see you around san diego sometime.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      KC, MO
      Posts
      298
      awesome!

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Canton, Oh
      Posts
      60
      Yeah, good luck with your build. At least it appears you have a solid platform to start with judging by the pics.

      Later, Doug
      “A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.” - Jeremy Clarkson

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      Mantorville, MN
      Posts
      835
      Country Flag: United States
      Cool build, but I have my doubts on the competitiveness of a 1st gen in STX... Good luck!
      Derek Kiefer,
      Mantorville, MN

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      228
      Still a long long way from completion, but I did pick up the motor last weekend and got a couple vids of it on the dyno. Started an analysis of the front suspension also, a few posts down.

      http://www.rhoadescamaro.com/build/

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      228
      Fabrication work complete, car headed in for body and paint now.
      http://www.rhoadescamaro.com/build/

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      alpine ca
      Posts
      657
      Country Flag: United States
      hey Jason great build i have heard a few people talk about Pat and that have used him would you have his user name so i can talk to him about doing the nova im out in Alpine area
      john

      1972 NOVA SPEED TECH TORQUE ARM AND FRONT ARMS , RUSHFORTH NIGHT TRAINS, DRIVERZ INC
      BUILD LINK
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...t-(GREY-MATTER)


    10. #10
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Long Beach, Ca
      Posts
      1,564
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for the update Jason; and to think I had almost forgotten about your car. I really appreciate all of the info you have supplied on the suspension woes as I have tried to take into consideration most of it.
      Jon Rasmussen
      Ex Team OLJ.
      '72 Nova

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      228
      Quote Originally Posted by johnny68 View Post
      hey Jason great build i have heard a few people talk about Pat and that have used him would you have his user name so i can talk to him about doing the nova im out in Alpine area
      john
      Hi John,
      Pat's username here is "67 ls1 vert"

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      228
      Home from paint! Goal is to have it on the road by next February.
      http://www.rhoadescamaro.com/build

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Coronado, CA
      Posts
      1,688
      Country Flag: United States
      I've been up to Pat's several times in the past few months. I saw your car there and wished it was my car getting the awesome treatment Pat and his crew give each and every car they take in. Someday I hope to give Pat the big check for the paint/body.

      Looks Great!
      Johnny C.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      70 'cuda, Pro-Charged 408 stroker, Tremec 5 speed, Strange S-60, Alter-k-tion, Tri 4, Hydroboost and Wilwoods

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      ohio
      Posts
      1,135
      Country Flag: United States
      car looks good jason
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Long Beach, Ca
      Posts
      1,564
      Country Flag: United States
      It is looking really nice Jason. Can't wait to run against you in an event...
      Jon Rasmussen
      Ex Team OLJ.
      '72 Nova

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Posts
      1,607
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Nessumsar View Post
      It is looking really nice Jason. Can't wait to run against you in an event...
      I'd like to see that too Jon. Jase is a national playa...
      Ron in SoCal
      69 Camaro in progress
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=31246

      Used to be known as flash911

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      228
      Quote Originally Posted by go-fish View Post
      I've been up to Pat's several times in the past few months. I saw your car there and wished it was my car getting the awesome treatment Pat and his crew give each and every car they take in. Someday I hope to give Pat the big check for the paint/body.

      Looks Great!
      Hi Johnny,
      The check really wasn't that big at all in the grand scheme of things. Pat's service offered tremendous value for the dollar. The car went in a stinky funky hulk, and came out a polished jewel.

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      228
      Quote Originally Posted by Nessumsar View Post
      It is looking really nice Jason. Can't wait to run against you in an event...
      Hi Jon,
      I'm looking forward to running the RTCC next year. They really ought to change the treadwear tire limit from 200 to 140, to match the SCCA. The tires I get for the car will be under 200tw so I can be competitive in STX, but that means I have to run the exhibition class or whatever at the P-T events. Not going to get a second set of tires (and tune the car for them) just for those events.

      Still, my car's tires will be so much skinnier than everyone else's, it should more than negate any compound/construction advantage.

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      228
      Have wheels now, but still a ways to go. Hoping for ignition by new years.



      http://www.rhoadescamaro.com/build/?p=1539

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      432
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks good ..You can always join the Pro-Touring guys running San Diego SCCA solo2. next event Nov 18 I'm sure you know the thread. "San Diego Autocross".

      optima ,Good Guys and others, all use 200TW.That is why Pro-touring Autocross Club San Diego runs 200TW at San Diego SCCA Solo2.

      If you haven't been to our SCCA facebook go and check out the pictures
      "San Diego SCCA AUtocross" on FACEBOOK


      George

    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com