Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 55 of 121 FirstFirst ... 5 45 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 65 105 ... LastLast
    Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2412
    1. #1081
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      Rockford Illinois
      Posts
      3,949
      Country Flag: United States
      I just use the same cup holder that the woman who spilled the coffee at McDonald's used and got burned,lol. At least that place is where I hold mine.

      I almost did my inner fenders like yours but decided to make sure I didn't get dents from the bottom side from rocks, it sure looks good that way.

      Only 2 weeks left before Gingerman
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

    2. #1082
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Nilsen View Post

      Only 2 weeks left before Gingerman
      Don't I know it Jim, kind of wishing I would have just stuck another junkyard LS1 in there. It seems like I'm building the car all over again. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    3. #1083
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Crofton, MD
      Posts
      160
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      kind of wishing I would have just stuck another junkyard LS1 in there. It seems like I'm building the car all over again. Ron
      Then you need to go out there and take it for a ride... that'll remind you that you are glad you didn't just stick another junkyard LS1 in there

      GM EFI Tuner
      1980 Z28 Pro-touring project - sold
      2002 Trans Am 9.41 at 143mph on pump gas and drag radials - sold

    4. #1084
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      Rockford Illinois
      Posts
      3,949
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Don't I know it Jim, kind of wishing I would have just stuck another junkyard LS1 in there. It seems like I'm building the car all over again. Ron
      I thought for 2 days about going with an LS engine and then went with the new gen1 long block because of the exact reason of having to rebuild the whole car again basically for the LS engine. So much more than just the engine has to change that it becomes almost impossible to make a schedule around the new parts and labor involved.

      I know I am glad for my new engine and I think you will be very pleased when you are behind or ahead of the leaders by a very small amount because of the new engines power. I think my setup pulls as hard as Bad Penny did last year but now that has changed and Steve has even more power and better gears, it was my gearing that gave me an edge and now that is gone.

      Good thing I am only in this for the fun, thinking I can compete is futile to my budget. Now if they made a class that said the owner had to do most all of the work , 90% or more,I would get my ass handed to me by you still but I might actually be in the top five instead of the top 35,lol. There also might only be you,me and Matt,Randy,Herb and a couple of others. I personally would like to see that kind of class made to bring the reality of our skills count rather than the $$$$ spent. It could even be divided by the amount of $$$ invested. The under $50,000 cars would be a good dividing line that seperates us? More cars will allow more classes as we grow !


      LET'S JUST GO HAVE FUN !!!!!!
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

    5. #1085
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      TN
      Posts
      959
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Nilsen View Post
      I thought for 2 days about going with an LS engine and then went with the new gen1 long block because of the exact reason of having to rebuild the whole car again basically for the LS engine. So much more than just the engine has to change that it becomes almost impossible to make a schedule around the new parts and labor involved.

      I know I am glad for my new engine and I think you will be very pleased when you are behind or ahead of the leaders by a very small amount because of the new engines power. I think my setup pulls as hard as Bad Penny did last year but now that has changed and Steve has even more power and better gears, it was my gearing that gave me an edge and now that is gone.

      Good thing I am only in this for the fun, thinking I can compete is futile to my budget. Now if they made a class that said the owner had to do most all of the work , 90% or more,I would get my ass handed to me by you still but I might actually be in the top five instead of the top 35,lol. There also might only be you,me and Matt,Randy,Herb and a couple of others. I personally would like to see that kind of class made to bring the reality of our skills count rather than the $$$$ spent. It could even be divided by the amount of $$$ invested. The under $50,000 cars would be a good dividing line that seperates us? More cars will allow more classes as we grow !


      LET'S JUST GO HAVE FUN !!!!!!

      Classes for what?
      Benjamin

      Twin Dusters
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Aero Duster" project
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Daily Duster" project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...RO-DUSTER-quot

    6. #1086
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Got to take the car out for the first time and really wring it out on some country roads, what a handfull, it is absolutely a different car then I started with. Still doesn't have a hood on it yet, and I'm contemplating a gear swap, but man does it pull with the 4:10's.
      Ron Schwarz

    7. #1087
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Bjkadron View Post
      Classes for what?

      I think Jim is talking about the race events that we run, there are a few guys that are always at the top of the heap.Us peons are always hoping to compete, but the competition is stiff, and we rarely do.
      Ron Schwarz

    8. #1088
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rustburg, Virginia
      Posts
      3,436
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      I'm contemplating a gear swap, but man does it pull with the 4:10's.
      LOL...superman gears....I love em...however, if you're getting alot of wheelspin, maybe a lower numerical gear would help?
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454


    9. #1089
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      Rockford Illinois
      Posts
      3,949
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      I think Jim is talking about the race events that we run, there are a few guys that are always at the top of the heap.Us peons are always hoping to compete, but the competition is stiff, and we rarely do.
      Yep ,that's what I am talking about.

      When Rocky said: "I could have been a contender" sums it up if you can fit yourself to be top in your class.

      You feel like you are bringing a knife to a gun fight at times.
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

    10. #1090
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Pulled the car in tonight to start the gear swap. My old Dodge Power Wagon had mismatched rears in it,4:10's in the front and 3:54's in the rear, so I pulled the rear gears out to stick in the Mustang. I'll put the 4:10's back in the old Dodge after Motorstate (everything is a project!)

      Found the bearing and retainer ring on the Moser axles had moved about 1/16",I guess from the side loads, I think I'll replace them and tack the ring to the axle with the tig.



      Ron Schwarz

    11. #1091
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Woodstock, Ga
      Posts
      695
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Pulled the car in tonight to start the gear swap. My old Dodge Power Wagon had mismatched rears in it,4:10's in the front and 3:54's in the rear, so I pulled the rear gears out to stick in the Mustang. I'll put the 4:10's back in the old Dodge after Motorstate (everything is a project!)

      Found the bearing and retainer ring on the Moser axles had moved about 1/16",I guess from the side loads, I think I'll replace them and tack the ring to the axle with the tig.
      From side load? No way that car gets side load......... aren't muscle cars just for drag racing, .

      Robert

    12. #1092
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Posts
      30
      hey....when did you get a lift? oh wait....anybody need a ls7 or other simulated mustang parts?...lol

    13. #1093
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Location
      Chattanooga, TN
      Posts
      291
      I forgot you had the truck arm setup in there. Looks good from the bottom too!
      Stephen S.
      1967 Ford Mustang 4.7L, T5

    14. #1094
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by troyboy468 View Post
      hey....when did you get a lift? oh wait....anybody need a ls7 or other simulated mustang parts?...lol
      Yeah, thanks for letting me use the lift Troy.
      Ron Schwarz

    15. #1095
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Crofton, MD
      Posts
      160
      Glad to see your gonna make it to Motorstate! Can't wait to see how you like that new power on the track!

      GM EFI Tuner
      1980 Z28 Pro-touring project - sold
      2002 Trans Am 9.41 at 143mph on pump gas and drag radials - sold

    16. #1096
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rustburg, Virginia
      Posts
      3,436
      Country Flag: United States
      4.10's Yum, yum.

      I love that gear....
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454


    17. #1097
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Got to cruise the car a bit with the 3:54 gears, really feels alot different. As expected, not near as snappy out of the hole, but way nicer on the big end. Should be better for AutoX and the road courses, don't know if it will help or hurt at the drags.

      Really need to start smearing some mud on the hood,haven't touched it since I started fiberglassing it back together. Once again, I'll be still bolting parts on as it goes on the trailer for Motorstate

      Ron Schwarz


    18. #1098
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rustburg, Virginia
      Posts
      3,436
      Country Flag: United States
      I mis-understood your previous post about the gearing....so...you had already had a taste of the 4.10's...LOL
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454


    19. #1099
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      Rockford Illinois
      Posts
      3,949
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Got to cruise the car a bit with the 3:54 gears, really feels alot different. As expected, not near as snappy out of the hole, but way nicer on the big end. Should be better for AutoX and the road courses, don't know if it will help or hurt at the drags.
      Taller rear gears are always better for everything except the dragway. I love having the longer pull in each gear and the overlap that comes with it. Your trans is a lot different in gearing than mine so the 3:54 gears might be in comparison taller than my 3:07 rear but it still makes for a better car in my opinion.

      1 WEEK to go and I too am going to be trying to finish things up as I leave.
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

    20. #1100
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Location
      Olathe, KS
      Posts
      1,158
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      I'm really not sure, I will probably put ford valve covers on it, but I want to get it set in the chassis to see how everything fits first. Don't really know why I'm considering the Ford parts on it, its alot more work, and its not like I'm fooling anybody. Just being an Ahole I guess. Ron
      What do you have to do to make the 351 valve covers fit an LS motor? A friend is also dropping one into a '69 mustang and would like to dress it as a ford.

    Page 55 of 121 FirstFirst ... 5 45 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 65 105 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com