Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 50 of 121 FirstFirst ... 40 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 60 100 ... LastLast
    Results 981 to 1,000 of 2412
    1. #981
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      Rockford Illinois
      Posts
      3,949
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by John Wright View Post
      Nice prop rod.....hehehehe...not exactly what I had in mind, but hey, it works!
      It looks like a keeper, just keep cutting it down till it is the right length. It's lightweight ,non conductive, and can be found at any grocery store and many others in lots of colors and grips.Who needs a broom anyway when,

      You can leave the sweeping up at the track by being in 1st.

      You will be a contender this year no matter who brings what?

      We have our eye on you.



      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!


    2. #982
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Crofton, MD
      Posts
      160
      Comin along great Ron! Let me know when your getting close so we can figure out our game plan for tuning...

      In your avatar pic, you are driving it on the street and it appears to have plates - is it street legal??

      GM EFI Tuner
      1980 Z28 Pro-touring project - sold
      2002 Trans Am 9.41 at 143mph on pump gas and drag radials - sold

    3. #983
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by LSXZ28 View Post
      Comin along great Ron! Let me know when your getting close so we can figure out our game plan for tuning...

      In your avatar pic, you are driving it on the street and it appears to have plates - is it street legal??

      Of course its street legal, this is my Mom's car. Trying to cram too much in at the end here. I wanted to send the front structure out to be powder coated, man is this a different car then what I started with. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    4. #984
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      Rockford Illinois
      Posts
      3,949
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Of course its street legal, this is my Mom's car. Trying to cram too much in at the end here. I wanted to send the front structure out to be powder coated, man is this a different car then what I started with. Ron
      Just because it is one Mother of a car doesn't mean it's your Mom's car !
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

    5. #985
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Posts
      59
      Wow this is AWESOME

    6. #986
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Here is the front structure unbolted, on its way to powder coating. Its hard to beleive that with all that tubing, the chromoly structure is still 51 lbs less then the mild steel, reverse hood core support. You got to love chromoly, all except for the fact that it takes FOREVER to tig it all together.

      Kind of cool that I was able to put trailering tabs that are hidden, and poke out of the bottom of the grill, so I don't have to dirty up the back of any more shirts putting the cart on the trailer, added about 4 lbs, but it was worth it. Ron





      Ron Schwarz

    7. #987
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Lake Tillery NC
      Posts
      841
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking good Ron! You coming down to PSMC this year?
      Michael Tucker
      Project "Trouble" 1969 Camaro DSE subframe, quadrilink, 13" wilwood brakes, Rated X Rushforths, LS2/T56
      1968 Camaro

    8. #988
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I really want to, but a throw a big 4th of July bash every year, it probably wouldn't be too cool if I didn't attend. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    9. #989
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Lake Tillery NC
      Posts
      841
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      I really want to, but a throw a big 4th of July bash every year, it probably wouldn't be too cool if I didn't attend. Ron
      Won't be the same without You and Payton!!
      Michael Tucker
      Project "Trouble" 1969 Camaro DSE subframe, quadrilink, 13" wilwood brakes, Rated X Rushforths, LS2/T56
      1968 Camaro

    10. #990
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Posts
      30
      Skip the powder coating! spray bomb it and lets get it running!!!!!!!
      Get it done so you can go to pinks with me.

    11. #991
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Crofton, MD
      Posts
      160
      Looks great Ron! Can't wait to see this thing together...

      Hey, don't forget to weld an O2 bung in somewhere so I can put the wideband in and run the cord inside the car. Also, don't suppose there is a lighter in there anywhere to power the wideband... we'll need to work that out...

      GM EFI Tuner
      1980 Z28 Pro-touring project - sold
      2002 Trans Am 9.41 at 143mph on pump gas and drag radials - sold

    12. #992
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I've got you covered Brett, had to have a cig. lighter so I could run my gps, thats the only speedometer the car has. As soon as the front is back from powder coating, the car should be together that night, I am hoping Tues or Wed to be hitting the key, I could trailer it down for Sat? Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    13. #993
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,295
      This car keeps getting better & better... any interior plans?
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

    14. #994
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Woodstock, Ga
      Posts
      695
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by bonecrrusher View Post
      This car keeps getting better & better... any interior plans?
      Interior looks finished to me!, lol. All business!

      Robert

    15. #995
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      154
      Country Flag: United States
      With the front fenders off, you can really see how wide the front end really is. I love this car!

    16. #996
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Crofton, MD
      Posts
      160
      Make sure you don't fire it up before we do the base tune for the injectors...

      Does it have exhaust on it? I was serious about doing part of it on the street. What do you think about taking it to the dragstrip here by me to tune it on Friday afternoon/night - cheaper than the dyno, and will be a better tune... just a thought. Let me know...

      GM EFI Tuner
      1980 Z28 Pro-touring project - sold
      2002 Trans Am 9.41 at 143mph on pump gas and drag radials - sold

    17. #997
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Rustburg, Virginia
      Posts
      3,436
      Country Flag: United States
      Wow...that looks great Ron!....Woot!
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454


    18. #998
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Crofton, MD
      Posts
      160
      Let me know how it goes when you fire her up! I can't believe you weren't going to try to start it tonight - told my wife I'd bet money you do...

      I know I wouldn't be able to sleep if it was me! I remember the night I got my 408 together - worked until 3am so I could hear it fire up and run.

      GM EFI Tuner
      1980 Z28 Pro-touring project - sold
      2002 Trans Am 9.41 at 143mph on pump gas and drag radials - sold

    19. #999
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Can't thank you enough Brett. Believe me, I'd love to flogg on this thing, but I still have to fab the throttle linkage, and bleed the brakes. Should fire it up tomorrow, and drive it as soon as the down bars come back, Wed at the latest I was told. Thanks again, Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    20. #1000
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by bonecrrusher View Post
      This car keeps getting better & better... any interior plans?
      I may one day spruce up the inside, but for now it will remain all buisness.It really wouldn't take much to make this a comfortable,creature comfort equipped Pro Touring car. I think I like the way it so much, because I don't have to clean anything. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    Page 50 of 121 FirstFirst ... 40 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 60 100 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com