Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 65 of 121 FirstFirst ... 15 55 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 75 115 ... LastLast
    Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2412
    1. #1281
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      Piqua, Oh
      Posts
      397
      Country Flag: United States
      BTW... Wash the PVA off with water (some soap might help) Thinner or alcohol will not touch it. This next part is my opinion.... I would not use PVA on the FG reversal, just the other release. The PVA acts like a condom so to speak, keeping your gel coat from sticking to the paint on your model. You shouldn't need that going FG to FG.
      I don't use it in that case, because I hate cleaning it off...and I haven't had one (glass to glass) stick yet.

      Mike South
      1968 Camaro SS/RS LS1/T56
      Ride Tech Tru Turn, Ride Tech T/Q Coil-overs
      Ride Tech 4-link


    2. #1282
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      Piqua, Oh
      Posts
      397
      Country Flag: United States
      I made the Gauge an center dasl panel a couple months ago. I am just finishing the console.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Mike South
      1968 Camaro SS/RS LS1/T56
      Ride Tech Tru Turn, Ride Tech T/Q Coil-overs
      Ride Tech 4-link

    3. #1283
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Perth / Australia
      Posts
      30
      I've watched this build for a while Ron, excellent work, its inspired me to do my project

      Tim

    4. #1284
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      El Dorado Hills
      Posts
      1,645
      Country Flag: United States
      Holy crap am I exhausted, just flipped through just about every page on this thread. Awesome build Ron. Glad to hear you went from 2750 lbs to 3200, LOL. Sorry, the competitive side of me.

      One of these days I'm going to have to travel out to the east side and run with you guys.

      Gaetano Cosentino
      Dont Drive Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly

    5. #1285
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Location
      OKC, OK
      Posts
      3,739
      Country Flag: United States
      I have used LPS3 before as a mold release and works fine. Wax based, and alot easier to spray on rather than hand apply. Just make sure to spay 3-4 coats for good film build
      Mike Redpath
      Musclerodz & Customz
      405-288-0189
      pro-touring parts specialists
      Musclerodz.com

      facebook page
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Mus...73054649402015
      instagram
      Musclerodz

    6. #1286
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Just finishing up the mold, used the laminating resin to build it, and just put the last coat of finish resin and mat for the last coat. Learned alot about fiberglass, didn't know how many different products there were. I'll let it set one more night and hopefully pop it apart tomorrow. Everybody say a little prayer for me tonight. LOL
      Ron Schwarz

    7. #1287
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Popped the mold off of the plug this morning. Looks pretty good, just as I was told ,the PVA peeled off of there like a condom. A little sanding, and wax, and I'll start laying up the part.

      Ron Schwarz

    8. #1288
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,295
      Thats a bit bigger then a Magnum XL - LOL!

      Mold looks awesome!
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

    9. #1289
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      Piqua, Oh
      Posts
      397
      Country Flag: United States
      What is the brand of release and PVA you used. The PVA we use does not come off that easy.
      It would not suprise me if our company is getting the wrong stuff. It works, just not as well as what you did seemed to. Thanks
      Mike South
      1968 Camaro SS/RS LS1/T56
      Ride Tech Tru Turn, Ride Tech T/Q Coil-overs
      Ride Tech 4-link

    10. #1290
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Magnum lol, just glad I didn't buy the ribbed PVA, would have left a strange looking pattern in the mold.

      I just used Turtle wax, and Carnuba wax I had setting around here. The PVA is made by Evercoat, I think you can get it any boating store.
      Ron Schwarz

    11. #1291
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Location
      Chattanooga, TN
      Posts
      291
      Sweet! Lookin good Ron!
      Stephen S.
      1967 Ford Mustang 4.7L, T5

    12. #1292
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Built a stand to hold it and stiffen the mold, will start making the bumper tomorrow.



      Ron Schwarz

    13. #1293
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      Piqua, Oh
      Posts
      397
      Country Flag: United States
      [QUOTE=Ron S;716834]


      Hey Ron.... you are doing an excellent job on this.... uh... but I just noticed that you use the same storage method I do... I need one of those fold out thingys too
      Mike South
      1968 Camaro SS/RS LS1/T56
      Ride Tech Tru Turn, Ride Tech T/Q Coil-overs
      Ride Tech 4-link

    14. #1294
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I have been in such a mad dash to get this done, there is not one horizontal surface in this whole shop that doesn't have crap piled on it. I don't know why, but every year before RTTH, I'm in major thrash mode. Its hard to believe, that this car was built from design to paint in this little garage. I'm trying to get the permits in order to build my new shop, can't wait.
      Ron Schwarz

    15. #1295
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      Piqua, Oh
      Posts
      397
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm sorry... lol I'm building my car in my brothers garage... we just had this discussion yesterday... unfortunately every place I do work seems to end up like this... (work, home, brothers garage) In a sick way, I am glad I am not alone... lol
      Mike South
      1968 Camaro SS/RS LS1/T56
      Ride Tech Tru Turn, Ride Tech T/Q Coil-overs
      Ride Tech 4-link

    16. #1296
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Perth / Australia
      Posts
      30
      Sorry Ron my garage is worse...............

    17. #1297
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,295
      Like the updates & like the messed up garage! LOL.
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

    18. #1298
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Popped the bumper out of the mold tonight, have to clean up the edges and fit to the car again. Man do I have alot to do before it goes to Tenn.

      As good as the mold turned out, the parts built on the outside of a part are much easier then the parts on the inside. I will need to buy some smaller fiberglass rollers for the next one I build.Was kind of a bi#ch working the matting in on those tight radius areas.

      Ron Schwarz

    19. #1299
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Perth / Australia
      Posts
      30
      Hi Ron, Just a quick question if you can help. Is your front suspenion cradle higher than the bottom of you chassis rails???
      regards Tim

    20. #1300
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Yeah, it is higher

      Ron Schwarz

    Page 65 of 121 FirstFirst ... 15 55 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 75 115 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com