Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 17 of 121 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 67 117 ... LastLast
    Results 321 to 340 of 2412
    1. #321
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Posts
      1,753
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 57hemicuda
      Just finished welding the quarter and new rocker in place.Still don't know if I will put some kind of bezel around vent,but it feels good to finally have parts on for keeps.Man is the car wide,I think I'll have to call it a 66 Mustang Fatbutt.Ron
      fixed for you...

    2. #322
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Huntington Beach, CA
      Posts
      2,420
      Country Flag: United States
      heh, fatback or fatbutt whatever, nice progress!
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

      Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

    3. #323
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Got the quarters and rockers finished,made wheelwells out of an old Ford van side.Finally starting to look like a car again.can't wait to start on the front fenders.Ron http://57hemicuda.smugmug.com/


    4. #324
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Bakersfield,CA.
      Posts
      120
      From someone who is looking to cut and flare his own fenders, you sir are an inspiration. Thanks for posting all your work.

    5. #325
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Bakersfield,CA.
      Posts
      120
      By the way, when I come to this site, yours is the first thread I check. Love what you are doing.

    6. #326
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Posts
      484
      +1 i am always looking for pics and updates on your stang...

    7. #327
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Atlanta GA
      Posts
      7,477
      i LOVE the way your car is shaping up..

      and i love the wheels.. glad i got a set.

    8. #328
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks guys,its been alot of fun building this,unlike my Cuda or Camaro,which had me doing nothing but prime and sand,until I have no finger prints left.I think I'm going to put a belly pan under the back of the car,covering the fuel tank etc,because the front and center are so flat .Once thats done I figure I'll hook up the fuel line,and take it for a spin.Still have to bend the front down bars and build some coil mounts,and of course the front flares.A smear of mud and a gallon of paint and shes done.Ron

    9. #329
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Everett, WA
      Posts
      501
      Sweet. Get to it!! I love the low buck theme, and the effort put into this ride.
      The few, the proud, the crazy... the LT1 owners.

    10. #330
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      San Antonio
      Posts
      86
      Man o man!! This an awesome thread every change you have done has just gotten better and better.! Car is looking beyond sick! keep it rolling!
      1971 El Camino PT, SC&C, TBJ, UMI bars, UMI LCAs, Hotchkis, C5 brakes, VWW V48s
      "Project Inferno"

    11. #331
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      San Antonio
      Posts
      86
      Check out this wide body Challenger. Wheels way too big in diameter though



      1971 El Camino PT, SC&C, TBJ, UMI bars, UMI LCAs, Hotchkis, C5 brakes, VWW V48s
      "Project Inferno"

    12. #332
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Some people probably hate that look,but I really like,that Challenger will probably look sick when done.Its funny how you see this stuff in your head,all you can hope for, is it to look as cool in real life as it does in your head.There is some crazy stuff going on up there.Ron

    13. #333
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Atlanta GA
      Posts
      7,477
      dont worry.. my car has been like that since i started..



      thats why i stopped showing progress.. some of my ideas are pretty wild.. and i might get bashed up unless they see it in an almost done way..

      anyways.. im wondering how youre going to do the fronts to match the rears. 


    14. #334
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Posts
      8
      I have been following this build since the beginning and I just gotta say that your doing a awesome job. One of my favorite builds on here. Keep it going!!

    15. #335
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      im wondering how youre going to do the fronts to match the rears. [/quote]
      It looks really cool up here in my cranium.I've kind of got to match the back now,so there won't be multiple revisions of the front.I wish I had Fooses artistic skills,and could do a rendering first.I will have to build a skeleton out of some round bar then skin it,because the body lines need to line up.I'm really chomping to get on that,but I want the back of the car to be complete before I start.Ron

    16. #336
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Posts
      1,753
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr.VENGEANCE View Post
      thats why i stopped showing progress.. some of my ideas are pretty wild.. and i might get bashed up unless they see it in an almost done way.....
       
      This really a worry? I'm thinking this board is really understanding about different ideas

    17. #337
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I think alot of it is worrying someone will see your ideas,use them,and finish they're car before you finish yours.

    18. #338
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Posts
      1,753
      Country Flag: United States
      OK, I'll buy cuda's argument. Everybody seems to do stuff faster than me...

    19. #339
      Join Date
      May 2001
      Location
      Mesa, Az.
      Posts
      1,434
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 57hemicuda View Post
      I think alot of it is worrying someone will see your ideas,use them,and finish they're car before you finish yours.
      It's even worse when they get in a magazine with it!!!
      Phillip
      64 Studebaker Daytona Twin Turbo- http://bit.ly/1SgxQ0g
      65 Cutlass F-85 - http://bit.ly/1W4lJm4

    20. #340
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Can't beleive I'm doing this but, the panel, and the panel beneath it was pretty rusty.The under panel isn't avalible so I'll have to make.Still can't get over how cheap the panels are,they make Camaro parts see expensive.If this car would have made it RTTH,I can guarantee it would still be driving around with jagged sheet metal all over it.Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    Page 17 of 121 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 67 117 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com