Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Grand National project

Hows it going guy, Ive started a new project, and wanted to share on here.. It was a 1986 Grand National with 76k mikes, had a little of a built motor and has ran 11's in the 1/4(not me the previous owner. Well being a guy who cant leave crap alone I decided to rip her apart. I have bought a LT1 motor, a LT4 Blower, have a Texas Speed cam kit, a Wegner front Accessory drive, a built TR6060 with a 4th gen Fbody tail housing. I have some pics of what she looked like and will start with those. I have CCW's 18x9 front and 18x11.5 rear,(255 front and 315 rear) full Baer brakes, Quick Performance rear end. Im smoothing the firewall, pulling spare tire bump, adding Vintage air.. I notched the frame and added a ton of reinforcing, and boxed the frame, the frame is over at powder coating. I have a full QA1 coilover suspension, AGR steering box, aluminum bumper mounts, Griffen Radiator, Im adding a Dakota Digital dash, doing a PSI Harness, tore/tearing out all wiring and adding a american autowire kit, bought a GNX flare fit, and adding the GNX fender vents to help with keeping motor cooler., doing the Corbeau seats that look almost factory to a GN.. Car should be awesome. Shooting for 700 rwhp.. I blame this on Don Hutton, as Im in a holding pattern with paint(he is a popular guy) and I bore easily...EDIT... bleww LT1 up.. bought a Built LT4 from LME..

Country Flag: Canada
      Wow
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

“I blame this on Don Hutton, as I’m in a holding pattern with paint”

LOL, did your wife buy that story? I told my wife the 57 Caballero purchase was your fault because you bought my 69 Camaro project.

Your garage is a mess, I’ve never seen it looking like that.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Very nice! Looking forward to following along. What are you going to do for a fuel tank and pump?

Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

yeah, Im project heavy right now, garage is kinda clean now.... and my wife doesnt buy it either... I dont know how this showed up

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      “I blame this on Don Hutton, as I’m in a holding pattern with paint”

LOL, did your wife buy that story? I told my wife the 57 Caballero purchase was your fault because you bought my 69 Camaro project.

Your garage is a mess, I’ve never seen it looking like that.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
      Very nice! Looking forward to following along. What are you going to do for a fuel tank and pump?
      Im gonna do the stock tank with upgraded pumps.. the good thing lots of options for a GN

Looks like a good start with the framework. I see you're going with the GN flares now. What size wheels you end up settling for?

Quote Originally Posted by jlcustomz View Post
      Looks like a good start with the framework. I see you're going with the GN flares now. What size wheels you end up settling for?
      18x11.5 and 18x9 with a 255 and 315

Looks like a great project and one helluva start! You can easily fit 275/35/18 on the front. I'm running four of those on my 78 Malibu

I like where this is going!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

got the motor back from refresh with Texas Speed cam and DOD/AFAM delete, new head gaskets, all the goodies, its a LT1 and I added the LT4 DI pump and Injectors. Put the Wegner Acessory drive on, with the Holley pan and Speed Engeering headers for a Gbody(limited vendors) Frame comes back tomorrow from Powder coating, than start assembly. Mocked up the CCW's for some motivation..Also worked on my TA I bought over from Lateral-G.. had a small mishap with a rear end and not a that of a womans rear end either

Ouch...what did you do to (presumably) your head?!
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Ouch...what did you do to (presumably) your head?!
      I was working on the trans am, and the Ford (inch slipped off the jack stand as I was under it..

Love it! After sitting for 15 years, Im finally putting my GN back together.

Quick question, would you have been able to squeeze 335s on the rear?

Im hoping to, mini tubbed the frame as far as I could, but the body is off right now at another shop and Im trying to measure and hoping that these 335 BFGs I have here will fit under mine.
      Cory

87 GN - LSA crate with Wegner, Extreme Auto 4l80e, Moser 9", Full Ridetech, Forgelines, Rick's, DSE, Vintage Air, CTSV 14" and Brembos.
      87 WE4
      55 LS1 Chev
      72 RS SS Z28

I get the frame back today/tomorrow morning, once I assemble I will have a realistic answer for you, the 315 I have no will definitely need a tub, and Im just not sure there is enough frame to "notch" you would have to move frame rails like others have done..

Quote Originally Posted by rking View Post
      Love it! After sitting for 15 years, Im finally putting my GN back together.

Quick question, would you have been able to squeeze 335s on the rear?

Im hoping to, mini tubbed the frame as far as I could, but the body is off right now at another shop and Im trying to measure and hoping that these 335 BFGs I have here will fit under mine.

Thanks.

I notched as much as I could, but without my body back yet, not sure I’ll be able to squeeze them without having to massage the quarters...

These are just 275s as rollers.

Name:  087A657C-EBE4-435C-8DE3-0BC54BDDE295.jpg
Views: 1932
Size:  271.1 KB
      Cory

87 GN - LSA crate with Wegner, Extreme Auto 4l80e, Moser 9", Full Ridetech, Forgelines, Rick's, DSE, Vintage Air, CTSV 14" and Brembos.
      87 WE4
      55 LS1 Chev
      72 RS SS Z28

What’s the wheel spec, those 275 are close to frame, I got 18x10 with a 285 on with no notch and some extra room before

Quote Originally Posted by rking View Post
      Thanks.

I notched as much as I could, but without my body back yet, not sure I’ll be able to squeeze them without having to massage the quarters...

These are just 275s as rollers.

Name:  087A657C-EBE4-435C-8DE3-0BC54BDDE295.jpg
Views: 1932
Size:  271.1 KB

Good thing that was you head the rear hit, if that was your arm or something it might of really hurt.

Thank god for skulls.
      Probably got a mark just like that on mine right now, it's under my hair, which is a good ways back.

Quote Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
      What’s the wheel spec, those 275 are close to frame, I got 18x10 with a 285 on with no notch and some extra room before
      These are just some Gen 5 Camaro wheels to roll the frame around right now. Didn't have anything else that cleared the brakes.

Just have these to mock up clearance, seeing how close is too close and then working out from there. Once I get the body back, I can measure, but figured Id ask you since your mini tub looks similar ;).
      Cory

87 WE4
      55 LS1 Chev
      72 RS SS Z28

Well now the fun starts... frame is back

Side note , my stock Trans Am steering wheel, redone in Alcatara...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com